Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Replacement mag follower

:

Doctor's Corner

Old April 28th, 2016, 17:19   #16
cetane

Ive had good luck with using hylomar blue on the seals for gaskets. It never sets/drys. It seals well with original gaskets. Coat seals and reassemble. Can come apart afterwards if needed.

Works good on we gen1 mags along with original seal. No good if you don't use original seal (even good rtv doesn't cut it well without seal imho)
cetane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2016, 17:59   #17
Jaeger_CDN

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRage View Post
THATS THE PLAN, once it's sealed with gasket, you never open it again, ever. :|} you can still remove the valve though, but should seal 100%
On these mags, the only way to remove the follower or the spring is through the base plate not the upper end so I want to wait until I get the follower part sorted before I properly seal the mag altogether.
Jaeger_CDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2016, 02:04   #18
XZIVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by cetane View Post
Ive had good luck with using hylomar blue on the seals for gaskets. It never sets/drys. It seals well with original gaskets. Coat seals and reassemble. Can come apart afterwards if needed.

Works good on we gen1 mags along with original seal. No good if you don't use original seal (even good rtv doesn't cut it well without seal imho)
stuff works great as a dressing for the compression and water jacket o-rings on rotary engines too, but FFS keep it away from the seals or your first few starts will not be fun. If I was using it to seal a mag I'd be very cautious about not over applying and making sure it goes NOWHERE NEAR the valves..
XZIVR is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner