Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Scope repair? (G&P Elkan)

:

Accessories Discussion

Old March 24th, 2011, 19:56   #1
Strelok

Scope repair? (G&P Elkan)

Alright, I purchased this sight from Airsoftparts.ca, it was received faulty.Being too busy, I let it sit around too long so I didn't bother asking for a refund.

This is a doodle of the issue. If you look down the sight directly, you get a bit of a 'ghost image' of the sight picture off to the right. Aside from that, the scope is crystal clear, and adjustable, but offset to the point where it doesn't line up correctly. I'm no expert on scopes, but i'm thinking a lense might be a bit tilted or crooked?

Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2011, 20:14   #2
D.Kovacs

are the lenses coated? does the image ever change position? if so, t could be a reflection of the crosshair on a lense. Can you move either of the outer lenses? happened on a scope of mine.

Last edited by D.Kovacs; March 24th, 2011 at 20:16..
D.Kovacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2011, 23:18   #3
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

IMO, it's FUBAR.
Fucked Up Beyond Any Repair.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2011, 12:22   #4
Specs

you could try bashing it against a rock

Kingston airsoft, we do it better.
Specs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2011, 15:41   #5
ArcticFox1984

Picture reversal assembly is knocked WAY off.

The windage adjustment lever pushes or retracts this assembly which is spring loaded on 2 axis opposite the windage and elevation adjustment knobs.

You would need to remove the ocular assembly which is threaded in. ( business end of the scope. )

Remove the picture reversal assembly and inspect the spring loaded mechanism; if nothing is damaged ( most likely isn't, if it is; fix is simply bending things back into shape. ) you should be able to reassemble the scope to proper working order.

I'de suggest cleaning the grease off everything, relube it, replace Orings as necessary and purge the inside of the scope with a 2-3 second blast of duster gas before reassembly.

Or just buy a better Elcan... G&P is about as bad as it gets I'm sorry to say.

You could also try slacking off the windage completely, then tapping the side of the scope with a hammer ( or rock like Specs suggested lol. )

Last edited by ArcticFox1984; April 1st, 2011 at 15:47..
ArcticFox1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2011, 16:01   #6
thpethalK
ksuechuc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticFox1984 View Post
Picture reversal assembly is knocked WAY off.

The windage adjustment lever pushes or retracts this assembly which is spring loaded on 2 axis opposite the windage and elevation adjustment knobs.

You would need to remove the ocular assembly which is threaded in. ( business end of the scope. )

Remove the picture reversal assembly and inspect the spring loaded mechanism; if nothing is damaged ( most likely isn't, if it is; fix is simply bending things back into shape. ) you should be able to reassemble the scope to proper working order.

I'de suggest cleaning the grease off everything, relube it, replace Orings as necessary and purge the inside of the scope with a 2-3 second blast of duster gas before reassembly.

Or just buy a better Elcan... G&P is about as bad as it gets I'm sorry to say.

You could also try slacking off the windage completely, then tapping the side of the scope with a hammer ( or rock like Specs suggested lol. )

Exactly the same thing I did with my ACOG when I had a similar issue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyissue View Post
Saying that you are trying to prevent bad Airsoft publicity while generating negitave Airsoft publicity on a nationally monitored Firearm web site is like fucking for Virginity.
thpethalK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2011, 16:07   #7
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

Opening a scope seal would result in losing the nitrogen inside and having to worry about fog INSIDE the scope.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2011, 16:48   #8
Strelok

Well, thanks! I figured with G&P being a pretty quality brand with everything else, their scopes would be atleast OK.

I'm gonna start fucking around with the stuff as suggested above and see if that helps at all. If not, i'm gonna go blast it at the range or something.
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2011, 19:46   #9
ArcticFox1984

Fox, thats assuming the scope was purged with nitrogen to begin with.

In my experience G&P does not purge their scopes with anything. The rear lense in my T1 was screwed in very loose when I got it. and I know for certain the flimsy rubber grommet found in their ACOG replica's can't keep water out so I doubt they could keep nitrogen in.

Not to mention; no where does G&P state that their scopes have any features whatsoever. In my experience if a product was made to be waterpoof, fogproof, or recoil resistant the company would want to advertise that... especially at the absurd prices G&P charges; yet they do not.

There are exceptions to the rule, where they make a product above average; and ones like in the case of their Elcan where they are far below whats expected.

You get what you pay for though, the G&P Elcan is pretty affordable compared to other companies replica's.

Last edited by ArcticFox1984; April 1st, 2011 at 19:52..
ArcticFox1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2011, 22:17   #10
BloodSport
Traveling Man

I've had a G&P scope for almost 8 years now, with zero fogging issues even during MR2 where we had a monsoon hit us in the middle of the prairies.

Pretty safe to say there have something inside of them preventing fogging.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion