Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Aftermath Broxa

:

Newbie Tank

Old January 24th, 2010, 15:20   #1
Ghost Shadow

Aftermath Broxa

Ok, I know aftermath is cheap crap but I just want to get a half decent gun to play with my friends until I can get age verified and get a real gun.

I've decided I want the Aftermath Broxa MP5

When i looked around I found that at most airsoft retailers it sells for 200 but at the Bass Pro shop by Calgary it sells for 160.

I'm not sure, but is there is a difference in anything but color?

Bass Pro Shop

Velocity Arms

Also I've read that its recommended to lube up the mag and the feeding system. I don't want to accidentally use something like WD 40 on a gun with plastic parts or a plastic mag so what should I use?

Lastly I plan on buying some extra mid cap mags.

Would these do?
King Arms 100rd Mag Set
Ghost Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2010, 15:31   #2
sarosh

o boy i know where this is going....

and i hope your not playing with your friends in someones backyard? wait until your older to play at a field
sarosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2010, 15:34   #3
MoreToasties
Art affectionado

I'm taking a shot now. I'm that sure he has private land.

MoreToasties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2010, 15:38   #4
Ghost Shadow

um no. I don't plan on using this at a real match. I would just go and rent a gun.

I just want to use this for when me and my friends want to hang out and shoot at each other for a while. Nothing serious. I don't see whats wrong with that?
Old January 24th, 2010, 15:39   #5
NoGear
likes being humiliated

yep and that means we have to drink

but If you want to truly be into airsoft you would spend that money on GEAR and wait til your at least 18 to buy a gun. don't be stupid when playing with your pals even though Private land is out in the mountains etc and not your back yard or a Forrest where no one goes but is very close to town etc.

Btw make sure your fully grown before you get gear unless you get all size adjustible assuming your over 14
NoGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2010, 16:05   #6
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Shadow View Post
Ok, I know aftermath is cheap crap but I just want to get a half decent gun
Those two are mutually exclusive.

The Broxa is ok... but to make it decent you have to be willing to put some TLC and a few $$$ into it for better parts.

Quote:
I just want to use this for when me and my friends want to hang out and shoot at each other for a while. Nothing serious. I don't see whats wrong with that?
What's wrong with that is where are you going to do it?

If it's anywhere remotly CLOSE to where anyone can see you, it's a completely retarded idea.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2010, 16:13   #7
Ghost Shadow

May I ask why? Sorry for the dumb question but I just don't quite understand why.
Old January 24th, 2010, 16:19   #8
MoreToasties
Art affectionado

You cannot discharge an airgun (that includes airsoft) within city limits. Bottom line.

(This excludes designated areas such as airsoft fields.)

On top of the illegality, if you spook a neighbour, best-case scenario: cops at your door.
Worst case, they mistake it for a firearm and shoot you. It's happened before in the US.

MoreToasties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2010, 16:24   #9
kalnaren

Quote:
May I ask why? Sorry for the dumb question but I just don't quite understand why.
Because running around where people can see you with replica firearms is fucking stupid. Doesn't take a degree to figure out the negative repricussions of doing so.

And before you say that people aren't that dumb, a friend of mine's brother (who was 12 at the time) and his friends were taken down by SWAT because they were playing with NERF dart guns in public, and someone called the cops and reported "kids running around with guns". So yes, people are that stupid.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
Old January 24th, 2010, 16:25   #10
Con Murder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreToasties View Post
Worst case, they mistake it for a firearm and shoot you. It's happened before in the US.
And in Canada.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2...33806-sun.html

Edit the cops take all calls as real even if in the end it really was just a toy.
Con Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2010, 16:29   #11
sarosh

There is a reason airsoft is 18+. you should NOT be running around with airsoft guns shooting your friends. thats just stupid. if you want it for that reason go to toys r us and buy a nerf gun.
sarosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2010, 16:30   #12
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con Murder View Post
And in Canada.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2...33806-sun.html

Edit the cops take all calls as real even if in the end it really was just a toy.
No, it hasn't. That guy wasn't shot

Quote:
Old January 24th, 2010, 16:38   #13
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Quote:
If you need to ask why that would be a ba idea, you have no fucking business owning an airsoft gun, how old are you anyway?

If you aren't 18 we aren't going to help you acquire or choose a gun, you can do what you want bu you will do it without our help

also there's tons of threads on this gun, if you weren't so lazy you could have found them yourself

*edit* I took my shot too hehe
Old January 24th, 2010, 20:49   #14
Ghost Shadow

Did you even read my post? honestly go read it and tell me that there is a thread that will tell me my exact questions.

There isn't, I looked. I found plenty of threads and read up on the gun which is why I didn't ask anything about the gun it self.

Secondly, wow, sorry for not knowing all of the laws in Canada. My bad. I'll be sure to read through my handbook of Canadian Laws next time.

Thirdly, I don't personally own private land but I definitely have plenty of friends who do. So don't worry about me playing in town. I just wanted to know the reason for not playing "remotely close to town".

And lastly, do you guys even care about introducing new people to the game? You couldn't just be polite and point out kindly new peoples mistakes. Instead you act like immature children. All you are going to do is scare new people away. If you would go and read the description for this section on the forums you will notice that it specifically states not to flame newbies.

Thanks to those who were somewhat helpful. I'm not sure why anyone else posted other than to flame me or tell me something that has already been said 3 times.
Old January 24th, 2010, 20:55   #15
kalnaren

Well, we expect one who wants to handle airsoft guns to be mature enough to understand why playing with them in public sight is a terrible idea.

Quote:
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank