Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

g36 hop-up assembly

:

Doctor's Corner

Old May 25th, 2008, 22:14   #1
Dusti69

Send a message via Yahoo to Dusti69
g36 hop-up assembly

ok so i finally got my hop up rubbers and am going to be attempting to assemble the hop units on my two sl-8's.
im not exactly sure how to assemble them correctly so and tips or help from anyone whos put one of these together before would be really appreciated
dont let the elitist gun snobs who only clicked on your post to thread shit tell you other wise (they are OHHHH so helpful here- they wont offer you any help but will be self rightous pricks cause they are CLEARLY 'pros' who overpaid for their guns roflmao)

Last edited by Dusti69; May 25th, 2008 at 22:16..
Dusti69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2008, 22:50   #2
Syn

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/review...hp?product=191

I found the hardest part is trying to slide the barrel and hopup sleeve into the chamber without stretching the sleeve. I used some silicone oil to help slide it in. Be careful not to force it or you'll tear the sleeve. Also use your finger to feel and match the groove you see on the sleeve to the grove in the barrel. Make sure it is in the groove.

Last edited by Syn; May 25th, 2008 at 22:54..
Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2008, 22:58   #3
Dusti69

silicone oil.....sounds like a good idea. i dont have any
can you buy some at a walmart?
i saved the hop up guide in my favorites. im not gonna attempt anything til i can get some of that oil
dont let the elitist gun snobs who only clicked on your post to thread shit tell you other wise (they are OHHHH so helpful here- they wont offer you any help but will be self rightous pricks cause they are CLEARLY 'pros' who overpaid for their guns roflmao)
Old May 25th, 2008, 23:03   #4
Syn

hmm it has to be a very light silicone oil. I'm not sure of other oils to use, this maybe possible since you just needs something to help the barrel and sleeve slide in. Maybe in walmarts in the USA have some more airsoft stuff then Canada Walmarts? Maybe they sell light oil in the Paintball section?

Old May 25th, 2008, 23:08   #5
Gigaknight

Haha wow... I was also wondering how to assemble a G36 hop up and oddly enough I had seen that guide yesterday, but it never hit me.

Sorry for the thread jack, but I still have to find a good hop up for my soon to be CA36; I'm upgrading everything in it and I heard the Pro-win hop up is good, can anyone vouch for this?

T.A.C.O.
Tactical Airsoft Combat Operatives

Last edited by Gigaknight; June 15th, 2008 at 23:00..
Gigaknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2008, 23:17   #6
Syn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigaknight View Post
Haha wow... I was also wonder how to assemble a G36 hop up and oddly enough I had seen that guide yesterday, but it never hit me.

Sorry for the thread jack, but I still have to find a good hop up for my soon to be CA36; I'm upgrading everything in it and I heard the Pro-win hop up is good, can anyone vouch for this?
Even more coincidence: I am checking out g36c hop up assemblies and just cylinders.
SO far the prowin seems to have issues for some people, http://airsoftcanada.com/showthread....ghlight=prowin
another metal one I saw online has no airseal. I think it was $30 and is made by SRC,
and there is an unkonwn (I can't find a review for it) $50 metal one that needs magwell moded made by bestgun. http://store.matrixbb.com/servlet/-s...l-Metal/Detail

I am tempted to go for the prowin and not use the screw to the mechbox, or just go with the known and buy a CA plastic one for $30

Last edited by Syn; May 25th, 2008 at 23:22..
Old May 25th, 2008, 23:31   #7
Gigaknight

Damn... so many choices, so much uncertainty! Heh heh, would you dare to say that G36's are becoming rather fashionable and may even be the new Armalite? :P I think I'll stick with my stock hop up until I can find something worth buying/ if they perfect pro-win hop ups.

If you do get something good, care to PM me and discuss it?

T.A.C.O.
Tactical Airsoft Combat Operatives
Gigaknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2008, 23:41   #8
Syn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigaknight View Post
Damn... so many choices, so much uncertainty! Heh heh, would you dare to say that G36's are becoming rather fashionable and may even be the new Armalite? :P I think I'll stick with my stock hop up until I can find something worth buying/ if they perfect pro-win hop ups.

If you do get something good, care to PM me and discuss it?
no problem. If I get a prowin which could happen in the next while (if my current stock hop up fails) then I'll pm you, especially if I encounter problems. Probably post solution in a thread too.

Old May 26th, 2008, 09:31   #9
kalnaren

I have no issues with the stock CA36 hop-up. It works and seals quite well.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2008, 11:34   #10
Kos-Mos

I am installing a Prowin next week in my friend's G36C.

As for oil, go to any hobbyshop, they should carry some silicon oil. Some 10wt shock oil will work for that, but not for gas mag oiling.

You can get some from Airsoft Innovation too.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2008, 18:46   #11
Syn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
I have no issues with the stock CA36 hop-up. It works and seals quite well.

See thats my delima. I know the CA abs hopup seals well but it sells for $25-$30 as an assembly. The prowin is around $35. So $10 more for a CNC metal hopup with less liklihood of breaking the tabs but it might need modding.

Kos-Mos let us know how it goes and if you found any problems. thanks.

Old May 26th, 2008, 22:29   #12
Dusti69

ok let me verify this. you first put the rubber sleeve into the hop mechanism before sliding it onto the barrel correct? im still a little confused about where that little rubber piece goes.
see my hop up is pretty close to that ca one i posted but its not 100% the same
Old May 26th, 2008, 22:43   #13
Syn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusti69 View Post
ok let me verify this. you first put the rubber sleeve into the hop mechanism before sliding it onto the barrel correct? im still a little confused about where that little rubber piece goes.
see my hop up is pretty close to that ca one i posted but its not 100% the same
I tried that way but there way no way I was going to slide the barrel into that lol. Maybe yours is more forgiving?
I put the sleeve onto the barrel first and matched the groove, then using a Qtip with silicone oil on it I lubed the interior of the chamber and on the exterior of the sleeve. THen I slid the barrel+sleeve into the Chamber. Then you have to watch that the sleeve end (where the bb goes in) is perfectly round and not crooked hole. Also you need to check that the sleeve is not overstretched by checking when you insert the hopup nub how much it shows in the barel when you look down the barrel.

Also you check check streching if the sleeve is streched too much by the clip. If you can't put the clip onto the barrel because the sleeve is sticking out and in the way, that means the sleeve is too streched. Try not to rip the sleeve if you insert it poorly and need to pull it back out to try again.

Old May 26th, 2008, 22:49   #14
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn View Post
See thats my delima. I know the CA abs hopup seals well but it sells for $25-$30 as an assembly. The prowin is around $35. So $10 more for a CNC metal hopup with less liklihood of breaking the tabs but it might need modding.
Well, just my two cents, if I was going to replace a bunch of parts anyway migth as well spend the extra doe for a superior product. The way mine sits is that as long as it works I won't replace it, but if it ever needs replacing I'll spend the extra on the metal unit.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2008, 13:17   #15
Kos-Mos

You have to put the rubber on the end of the barrel BEFORE trying to insert the assembly.

Because the little nub that cause hop-up needs to be in the groove on the barrel, otherwise, it won't fit.

You can go slowly, and move back a forth a little bit to place the rubber correctly.

Then, insert the bucking, the little plastic lever and the adjustment nob.
You only have left to clip the holder in place.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner