Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Need an opinion on this

:

WW1, WW2

Old January 10th, 2008, 12:03   #1
Col. Hogan

Need an opinion on this

I am planning to get a German Luger when I am old enough to buy it, and I am wondering, where can I get them from? And what would be the best one to get, I have found a few with different sized barrels and such, but were on american sites. I do not plan to buy it now, I just am getting all of my planning done now, then will get a job to get more money.

Also anyone who has one that would like to tell me what the good/bad points are I would like to know. And how similar are they to the orriginal (ammo capacity, aiming, ect.)? It is probably my favorite gun from WWII, and would be interesting to actully own something like the orriginal.

O.k. my favorite WWII era weapon is the M1A1 Carbine. Luger is my favorite side arm.

Last edited by Col. Hogan; January 10th, 2008 at 12:08.. Reason: additional info.
Col. Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2008, 12:20   #2
Forever_kaos

Well, seeing as there is only 2 retailers....
Forever_kaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2008, 14:04   #3
leecas
The Rain Man

As Forever_kaos mentioned, there are only two vendors in Canada. So do some research and find the model that is best for you and then contact the Canadian retailers and see if they will bring it in for you. Expect to pay twice as much for it, considering duty, shipping, etc.
leecas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2008, 14:11   #4
8thArmy

I've own 2 lugers; Cyma plastic springer and Tanaka GBB.
The Tanaka works like a wonder, the only downside i'd say is the plastic body; the only metal part of the gun is the trigger/slide/mag release/slide release and the magazine.
its papper weight without the mag but if u dun care about plastic then its a perfect gun to have.

theres also the WE P08 full metal version with 3 different length of barrels to choose, but since that just been released in asian its ganna be a bit hard to get it oversea to canada from any the retailers..except if u know anyone who has the legal papper works..
8thArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2008, 15:24   #5
Lawdog

I have the Tanaka six inch and am happy with it. It works fine, but it's a GBB and thus when I'm out playing it has yet to come out of its holster to fire a round in anger. I chronied it last summer and remember the number was credible but not amazing. If you like Lugers it is a nice peice, but if you plan on playing airsoft outdoors you are better off concentrating on your main weapon first.

LD
Lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2008, 15:44   #6
Donster

the only M1A1 that i know of is the Marushin version that used 8mm bbs. those (the bbs i mean) are harder to come by due to their size. check out this site. they are all about WWII and helped me learn a lot about my eventual sniper rifle (Mauser Kar 98k)

http://www.ontarioairsoftwwiireenactors.com/
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2008, 15:54   #7
Lawdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONSTER 125 View Post
the only M1A1 that i know of is the Marushin version that used 8mm bbs. those (the bbs i mean) are harder to come by due to their size. check out this site. they are all about WWII and helped me learn a lot about my eventual sniper rifle (Mauser Kar 98k)

http://www.ontarioairsoftwwiireenactors.com/
Great choice man. I have the KAR 98k with scope, and it is super accurate when well-maintained and in good weather.

Hope so see you on the field with it.

LD
Lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > WW1, WW2