Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Tracer BB's without Tracer Unit

:

Accessories Discussion

Old May 24th, 2006, 23:20   #1
pizzainthemorning

Send a message via MSN to pizzainthemorning
Tracer BB's without Tracer Unit

Hey, just wondering if it's possible to effectively use glow in the dark tracer bb's without a tracer unit? I'm sure a proper tracer unit would be better, but still, can you just maybe leave the bb's out under a lamp for a while before the night game? I have a friend who found a tracer airsoft bb after he'd moved into his appartment because he caught it glowing when he turned out the lights so I don't know.

Alex
Old May 24th, 2006, 23:21   #2
Mantelope
Scotty aka harleyb

Send a message via AIM to Mantelope Send a message via MSN to Mantelope
I think they only maintain their glow for around a minute at most. There was an M4 magazine advertised recently with a light inside it, so you don't need the tracer unit... didn't hear anything after the initial advertising though.
Mantelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2006, 23:26   #3
Kid

That's the G&P magazine. Same as their midcaps, 130rnds, $10US more with tracer ability.

$26 in Hong Kong on WGC/Red Wolf.
Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2006, 01:25   #4
swatt13
Captain Awesome

so cool. i hope they make them for g36 soon, ill have to buy a whole new bunch of mags and sell all my others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven
a Systema PTW is like KD, where the noodles are plated in gold and the cheese sauce is actually a pool of hot naked women.
swatt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2006, 02:24   #5
Deftonius
Troll

Send a message via ICQ to Deftonius Send a message via AIM to Deftonius Send a message via MSN to Deftonius
http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol...p?prodID=20318
Deftonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2006, 12:23   #6
XOXOXO
Formerly Estocade

Yeah it's possible. I'm actually fine tuning my experimental TM MP5 shorty lowcap with a custom tracer unit inside. It's made of two white LEDs plus a battery. The LEDs are incorporated into the "rail" that guides the BBs out of the mag. It works well, but it need tweaking. Anyway, you can make one yourself :tup:
XOXOXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2006, 12:43   #7
mujahadeen

Send a message via ICQ to mujahadeen Send a message via MSN to mujahadeen
I had an Mp5a2 with a surefire light on it, it charged the bb's as they flew out the barrel... tracers are a blast.
Curiously enough, if you take the sine of 666°, you get 0.80901699, which is one half of negative phi, or perhaps what one might call the "anti-phi" / It is opposite of balance and harmony ergo: chaos and disharmony.
mujahadeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2006, 13:13   #8
LUTNIT

I ordered up 100 purple UV/blacklight super bright LED's (smallest pack I could find without paying like $2 each) and have an LED flashlight to cannibilize, mounting it all inside a hicap running off of a AAA. Was going to do a tutorial once I was done if it worked. Not going to bother with the 1-in-5 tracer thing, just do a 50/50 mix in a hicap, what was recomended to me at a night game with a few guys using tracer units.

Ordered the LED's two weeks ago, still waiting
LUTNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2006, 14:07   #9
thephenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUTNIT
I ordered up 100 purple UV/blacklight super bright LED's (smallest pack I could find without paying like $2 each) and have an LED flashlight to cannibilize, mounting it all inside a hicap running off of a AAA. Was going to do a tutorial once I was done if it worked. Not going to bother with the 1-in-5 tracer thing, just do a 50/50 mix in a hicap, what was recomended to me at a night game with a few guys using tracer units.

Ordered the LED's two weeks ago, still waiting
Can't wait to see it.

Where did you order the LEDs from?
thephenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2006, 14:15   #10
LUTNIT

http://www.ledshoppe.com/

Unbeatable prices and free shipping, someone came up with that site when I said I was going to try to make these mags in another thread, cant remember who.
Old May 25th, 2006, 14:49   #11
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
I figured out the same thing, putting a super bright LED plus battery into an MP5 (since I have, but work well with others) hicap to charge BBs. Better that way since, in my case, I'd only use tracers once in a while, sparingly when required (tracers work both ways, don't wanna make myself a target) while eliminating the muzzle flash, and cost, of the tracer unit itself. Gonna try it someday.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2006, 14:58   #12
thephenom

Quote:
http://www.ledshoppe.com/

Unbeatable prices and free shipping, someone came up with that site when I said I was going to try to make these mags in another thread, cant remember who.
I said it, I saw it on another forum.

Didn't notice them carrying superbright ones though. Gotta read it over again.
Old May 25th, 2006, 20:36   #13
pizzainthemorning

Send a message via MSN to pizzainthemorning
Awesome, another project for me.... Crap, more money has to be poured into the airsoft fund... Thanks for the info/ideas.

Alex
Old May 25th, 2006, 21:34   #14
LUTNIT

The UV ones are listed at 3000mcd brightness, I checked into normal LED's and they said 150-500mcd ratings. There are some on the site up to 13000mcd ratings, but its the UV that activates the phosphors on the BB's (did some reading up on the topic since that original thread) so its rated at 3000mcd from the human visible spectrum which doesnt include the UV it puts out (gonna make me some black light counterfit money testers too).

At least thats the conclusion I've drawn from my research, not 100% sure of it. Just ordered a bag of 2000 matrix glow BB's from ascarmoury and hopefully the damn LED's will come in soon.
Old May 25th, 2006, 22:36   #15
thephenom

Quote:
The UV ones are listed at 3000mcd brightness, I checked into normal LED's and they said 150-500mcd ratings. There are some on the site up to 13000mcd ratings, but its the UV that activates the phosphors on the BB's (did some reading up on the topic since that original thread) so its rated at 3000mcd from the human visible spectrum which doesnt include the UV it puts out (gonna make me some black light counterfit money testers too).

At least thats the conclusion I've drawn from my research, not 100% sure of it. Just ordered a bag of 2000 matrix glow BB's from ascarmoury and hopefully the damn LED's will come in soon.
Send them an email, I read on the other forum (RFD) that they generally have very good customer service even if they messed up an order or something.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion