Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Duster Adapter Alternative...

:

Accessories Discussion

Old March 9th, 2006, 17:58   #1
section5

Smile Duster Adapter Alternative...

Well after whitening my teeth, I reallized something. I think I can use the removable tip on the syringe from my tooth whitening kit.

I have one of those tooth whitening kits you get from your dentist. It's basically the one where your dentist takes a mold of your mouth and you get these plastic trays. You then use the gel and inject it onto the plastic mold. So anyway, it's the clear plastic ones. I think most of them are the same because my girlfriend has a kit as well and the brands are different, but the plastic syringe is the same. I'm not too sure though about off-the-shelf brands like Colgate and stuff.

All you have to do is take off the removable tip, chop off a 1/4 inch off the base so that it will fit over your duster nozzle and then chop off 1/2 inch off the tip. Make sure you have a really sharp knife or utility knife. Viola! Instant duster adapter. The nice thing is that it forms a tight seal around the gas nozzle on your GBB mags so there's no waste!

You can ask your friends or relatives that whiten their teeth for their syringes too. Although they may look at you funny :grin:

I guess the only drawback is if you smile during a game, you might be spotted

Sorry about the resolution, I just used my camera phone and it's not that great. But you get the point I guess.

Old March 9th, 2006, 19:13   #2
Bender

Sooo ... what if I don't know someone who has stankassed teeth? Will you send me one?
Old March 9th, 2006, 19:18   #3
section5

Just go to your dentist and ask for a couple. I'm sure they'll just give you one or two. I only have a couple and I'm giving them to my buddies. Sorry dude, I'm not sure it's worth the 51 cents
Old March 11th, 2006, 17:13   #4
yanhchan

Send a message via AIM to yanhchan Send a message via MSN to yanhchan
are you able to mix silicone oil in there?

Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country ~John F. Kennedy
yanhchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2006, 17:14   #5
gandar

Send a message via MSN to gandar
I don't see why you can't just add a drop or two into the nozzle of the can before you spray it in. Should work fine.

Alternatively, I could just light you on fire. - Me
gandar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2006, 17:38   #6
hattrick
NAAZ's #1 fan!

Send a message via MSN to hattrick
a problem does exist, because your adaptor is made of plastic (metal ones available for a pitty 10$ each) expect it to break :\
hattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2006, 17:59   #7
yanhchan

Send a message via AIM to yanhchan Send a message via MSN to yanhchan
note to self...get adaptor...green gas=headaches

Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country ~John F. Kennedy
yanhchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2006, 18:00   #8
Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by neir
a problem does exist, because your adaptor is made of plastic (metal ones available for a pitty 10$ each) expect it to break :\
$10? The duster adaptors madmax has are plastic.

To tell you the truth, there is only one adapter that is metal, someone had machined them...
Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2006, 18:13   #9
Mantelope
Scotty aka harleyb

Send a message via AIM to Mantelope Send a message via MSN to Mantelope
Jugglez.

Having used one of the AI duster adaptors, I can say that they're very well made (CNCed actually) and they should stand up to much more abuse than a brittle plastic syringe cap would.
Old March 11th, 2006, 18:24   #10
Greykin

My duster adapter tends to leak a lot though.... I don't know if it's just because I'm using it on a classic airsoft pistol, but a lot of stuff sprays out the sides.
Old March 13th, 2006, 11:40   #11
section5

You can totally add a couple of drops of silicone in it. As for it breaking because it is plastic? I don't know. I do know that I have made a dozen fills and there is no breaking whatsoever, so far anyway. I just wanted the community to know that there is a cheap alternative out there and that it may not even cost you anything. I'm sure no one would just buy the teeth whitening syringes just for the tip. If you wanted to buy something, Jugglez's and Madmax's adapters work perfectly fine and I do use both of them
Old April 9th, 2006, 14:38   #12
mirage13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greykin
My duster adapter tends to leak a lot though.... I don't know if it's just because I'm using it on a classic airsoft pistol, but a lot of stuff sprays out the sides.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neir
Due to the gas being at such a low temperature, it tends to freeze up the plastic, making it very brittle and delicate...

(Brittle Plastic + 80 PSI) x Repeated Use = Broken Plastic Duster Adaptor

In my opinion, you're better off just buying a propane adaptor! :grin:
Or if you insist on using pussy-ass duster gas , get your hands on a machined metal adaptor, as mentioned by several others already.
mirage13 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion