Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Movies/Video Games/Sci-fi
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Battlestar Galactica: Colonial Marines

:

Movies/Video Games/Sci-fi

Old January 28th, 2006, 16:22   #1
The Saint

Battlestar Galactica: Colonial Marines

Hey folks, a friend of mine wants to assemble a kit based on the Marines from Battlestar Galactica. However, neither one of us is particularly well versed in the arts of IDing BDUs, harnesses and such. So I would wondering if the vast knowledge of ASC can assist me in this matter. Thanks in advance.
Old January 30th, 2006, 19:53   #2
Gish

The BDU's they use are regular Black type Swat uniforms for onship operations.
For offship they have been seen along with flight crews wearing Urban Tigerstripe clothing.
The helmet is a standard PASGT type, goggles are your generic tactical type, probably ESS or similar.
The vests are your standard SWAT snap and hook style similar to this item http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper...P-1V_cat_Vests
You can find them on Ebay all the time.

Weapons: FN P90's, MP5's and Beretta CX4 Storms have been seen. Sidearms are movie modded FN Five sevens.

Thats pretty much it.
Gish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2006, 23:27   #3
Igor01

Send a message via ICQ to Igor01 Send a message via AIM to Igor01 Send a message via MSN to Igor01
I am pretty sure I've seen them prance around on Kobol in digital pattern BDUs with an urban colour scheme instead of ACU/CADPAT/MARPAT colours. It was darker than the usuall urban patterns but if your friend is not a BSG purist, some ACU knock-off in an "Urban" pattern should do.

Kinda like this one:

Sold here: http://www.vtarmynavy.com/urban-digital-bdu.htm

I've also seen the Pegasus security detail use UMP's as opposed to the Beretta CX4's that the Galactica's guards carry.

HEATWARE

Old Buyer/Seller Ratings

For Sale: Nothing at the moment.
Igor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2006, 23:56   #4
Iceman

Send a message via MSN to Iceman
i'M surprised they haven't used the Steyr AUG yet
Old January 31st, 2006, 02:02   #5
made Man

Send a message via ICQ to made Man
Pilot sidearms are movie modded revolvers (small ones, like 38spl).
I'm pretty sure it was ACU and had mandarin collar. It looked more green in the green forst just like ACU in the pictures i saw.
You dont choose who you love, love chooses you; and that little fucking son of a bitch sticks itself to your face like the godless bloodsucking bastards in Alien and refuses to let go until it has drained your soul and left you an empty shell of a human being.

I am worth $2,106,266.00 on HumanForSale.com

<axel026> i need help please
<^cell^> do you have an appointment?
<axel026> im french
<^cell^> i see... thats a terrible disorder
made Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2006, 04:21   #6
The Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor01
I am pretty sure I've seen them prance around on Kobol in digital pattern BDUs with an urban colour scheme instead of ACU/CADPAT/MARPAT colours. It was darker than the usuall urban patterns but if your friend is not a BSG purist, some ACU knock-off in an "Urban" pattern should do.

Kinda like this one:
http://scifi.about.com/blbgpixephome1.htm

Spot on. :tup:
Old January 31st, 2006, 09:54   #7
Zyre

I've seen galactica's marines carry the UMP as well.
Zyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2006, 14:27   #8
The Gunslinger

They were using the Beretta CX4 Storm on Kobol. Frackin' nice lookin' gun... pity no one makes an airsoft version of it yet.

I kill with my heart.

-Stephen King,
The Dark Tower
The Gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2006, 18:04   #9
jaymz1911

Send a message via MSN to jaymz1911
On last weekends ep - when on there home planet caprica... Guns used there - UZI, Scorpion's and L85's...

Just my 2 cents
Old February 6th, 2006, 18:11   #10
The Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gunslinger
They were using the Beretta CX4 Storm on Kobol. Frackin' nice lookin' gun... pity no one makes an airsoft version of it yet.
Airsoft as a general rule of thumb takes inspiration from military weapons, not coolified civilian market carbines. ;-)
Old August 27th, 2006, 12:19   #11
Greenwolf
Talraga

Send a message via MSN to Greenwolf
I think it would be possible to make a Beretta CX4 Storm if you had some really good tools and experience, using a GBB with an extended mag. It'd be a cool little show piece, that's for sure. I shudder to think about the cost, though.
Old September 14th, 2006, 17:56   #12
IRONSIGHT

Airsoft as a general rule of thumb takes inspiration from military weapons, not coolified civilian market carbines. ;-)[/QUOTE]

STAR makes the civi version of the SL9 (BLACK) called the SL8 (GREY). Some other companies also make big ass revolvers and double barrel shotguns that are not military weapons so you never really know what they are going to make. I think they get their inspiration from whatever they think a lot of people might see as a cool gun. :kill: Just my 2 cents.
IRONSIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2006, 18:22   #13
Moderate

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gunslinger
Crosman makes a pellet gun, "nightstalker/tk", that looks a lot like it...but not airsoft. The Storm is a wicked gun, maybe someone will make an airsoft model after the new show gets a few more seasons under it's belt.
Moderate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2006, 15:04   #14
The Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by moderatesniper View Post
Crosman makes a pellet gun, "nightstalker/tk", that looks a lot like it...but not airsoft. The Storm is a wicked gun, maybe someone will make an airsoft model after the new show gets a few more seasons under it's belt.
Yeah, I've seen a few pictures of it in some magazine or other. Looks similiar, but it's not completely accurate... and it's not airsoft. heh.

Anyway, the Colonial Marines also used a few G36's on Caprica when rescuing the Resistance in last season's finale.

I kill with my heart.

-Stephen King,
The Dark Tower
The Gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2007, 22:44   #15
made Man

Send a message via ICQ to made Man
In one of the pics from the upcoming episode they have Elcans on their rifles
You dont choose who you love, love chooses you; and that little fucking son of a bitch sticks itself to your face like the godless bloodsucking bastards in Alien and refuses to let go until it has drained your soul and left you an empty shell of a human being.

I am worth $2,106,266.00 on HumanForSale.com

<axel026> i need help please
<^cell^> do you have an appointment?
<axel026> im french
<^cell^> i see... thats a terrible disorder
made Man is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Movies/Video Games/Sci-fi