Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

New spring guide and Correcting AOE, piston jam?

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old May 3rd, 2014, 01:58   #1
Fallen
formerly Qc_Sarado

New spring guide and Correcting AOE, piston jam?

As the title says, I changed my original spring guide for one with a ball bearing. At the same time, I corrected my AOE with sorbo pad.

The new spring guide with bearing plus the sorbo pad take off at least 2-3 centimeters of space in the gearbox.

I was wondering if I should cut 1 or 2 rings of my spring to make sure there is enough place for the piston to make a full run without any trouble.
Right now, everything works great, I'm just having some piston jam issue when shooting in single. Trying to figure out what is wrong with the new setup and I thought that maybe, when the spring is fully compressed, there is not enough space

what do you think?
Old May 3rd, 2014, 10:25   #2
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

2-3cm is a lot bigger than you think it is
a spring guide bearing and sorbo add 7-8mm at the most and it's not likely the spring. most people are running both piston head and spring guide bearings taking 10mm off the spring's length, and the sorbo in front of the piston has nothing to do with the spring's travel

I'd say your best best is the spring guide probably has a hard time fitting in the back of the piston. Open the mechbox and see if the spring guide bearing fits in the back of the piston.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2014, 12:32   #3
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

^this

Sometimes the spring can get caught in the bearing shim or plate and push outwards and jam the piston when it retracts. Make sure that as you compress the spring when you install it in the gearbox that it sits firmly and centered on the guide.
Old May 6th, 2014, 13:39   #4
Mausturm

When installing Sorbo Pads, I find it helps that you shave the last two teeth of the piston. My XCR kept on jamming because I didn't do that.

If you already did that though, take each new item you installed till the problem stops. Makes it easier to see what the problem might be and what part might be causing it.
Old May 6th, 2014, 23:56   #5
Fallen
formerly Qc_Sarado

I don't know why, but my new spring guide can move a little bit in the gearbox when everything is in place... When i shot, it moves maybe 10degres up and stay there. I need to screw the stock in to make it stay firmly centered.
Old May 7th, 2014, 00:03   #6
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

in some V2s the buffer tube screw is integral to the spring guide staying in place. Other v2s have a screw that just tightens into the back of the gearbox that keeps the guide in place.
Old May 7th, 2014, 00:10   #7
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Either the mechbox is built to a proprietary spring guide, or you're using a round pin spring guide in a flat tab type mechbox shell.
Either way, +1 to the above comment
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2014, 12:13   #8
Comeau-SCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingknight View Post
in some V2s the buffer tube screw is integral to the spring guide staying in place. Other v2s have a screw that just tightens into the back of the gearbox that keeps the guide in place.
I got this too on some of my gearbox, the spring guide is probably stabilised by the buffer tube screw. Just test it with the buffer tube screwed in. I use ball bearing in all y AEG and never had a problem of piston not stroking well.

Also gearboxes are build to withstand springs with various lenghts, for exemple you could expect a unwinded M90 to be shorter in size thant a m120, even if there is other factors as how rigid is the spring if it's linear or non-linar pitch and so on.
Comeau-SCS is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications