Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Classic Army ca33

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old January 23rd, 2014, 23:14   #1
TopGunnerz

Classic Army ca33

Hi guys, I've recently picked up a ca33, and have a whole bunch of questions about it, as it seems to be quite a project gun lol. Heads up, wall of text.

1. I'm looking to get a fixed stock for it, but I can seem to find anyone that sells a ca33 fixed stock. Any ideas on where to look?

2. If that doesn't work, would a g3 or mp5 style stock work? From what I've looked up so far, it doesn't seem like any could fit.

3. Midcaps are extremely troublesome to find lol. Is there any place that has them in stock right now?

4. The cocking handle on the ca33 seems to be very weak, and it wobbles and does not hold closed very well. I've tracked it to the cocking spring which seems to be warped or extremely worn, and the pin that holds the cocking handle does not hold, and seems to have been worn away.Is there any solution for these problems? I've been looking for a real steel Hk cocking handle spring ( if that works and if that fits) but I can't find any websites that ship outside of us. As for the cocking handle pin, I've got a suggestion to get a screw and substitute that, and I'm guessing get some sort of low profile nut if anything(Or even cnc a new part or something?). TLDR; Cocking handle spring and cocking handle holding pin are worn out and need replacement.

5. I'm also looking into refinishing the gun, as the gun's finish seems to be worn out. I'm into the clean gun look, so I want the paintjob to be as clean and durable as possible. My current goal is to paint the gun in the vfc m27 iar tan colours, with all the metal parts being a tan metal colour, and all the plastic parts being that yellow tan colour. So far for the metal I found powder coating for the metal, would this provide a durable coat? As for the tan, I can't find any prefered way to paint plastic, or even find that exact colour. TLDR; I want to paint my ca33 in vfc m27 iar tan colours, what's the best way?

6. Lastly, if I can't find a fixed stock, I was hoping to get a real steel Hk g3 wood kit and convert that to fit my ca33. Know of any websites that sell a g3 wood kit and ship to Canada?

Sorry for the wall of text, any answers would be great, thanks!
TopGunnerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2014, 23:24   #2
ARC-74
Can't Aim worth a damn!! old lady gives me heck for missing the toilet all the time.

Answer to #1 found here.
http://www.airsoftglobal.com/shop/in...oducts_id=2576
Old January 23rd, 2014, 23:28   #3
TopGunnerz

Thanks!
Old January 24th, 2014, 12:35   #4
ccyg8774

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopGunnerz View Post
6. Lastly, if I can't find a fixed stock, I was hoping to get a real steel Hk g3 wood kit and convert that to fit my ca33. Know of any websites that sell a g3 wood kit and ship to Canada?
I used to have a G3 wood kit... But I sold that to a friend in China.
I tried to fit that on my CA G3 first, but I found it requires too much work (different size).
Old January 24th, 2014, 13:11   #5
Adamlxlx

I put the rs wood on my jg. Not much work at all really. Keepshooting.com has them and will ship to canada.
Adamlxlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2014, 20:16   #6
Cliffradical
butthurt for not having a user title

CA 33E stocks and G3 stocks are not compatible (one pin vs. 2).
Unsure about MP5s but eyeballing it leaves me doubtful.
The charging handle is just something you'll have to deal with unfortunately (HK slaps will destroy it utterly in short order).
Midcaps are unicorns. I don't even know that 33Es have been in production since ~2008.
Repainting will be tough unless you are willing to spend tens of hours sanding it or know someone with a glass blaster.
G3 wood kits will not work. All of the dimensions are wrong, and getting a CETME kit to play nice with a G3 is hard enough.

I don't want to seem like a downer-- you've got a real gem of a gun here-- but you've picked one hell of a restoration project. I wish us both good luck!
Cliffradical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2014, 00:24   #7
TopGunnerz

Well good thing I have 6 midcaps lol. Although I did see some on ehobby a week before I bought the ca33. I saw a project gun that had a g3 wood kit sanded down to fit, and I was willing to find one and sand it down to fit, but luckily I found a full stock to fit on. As for the charging handle, I'm guessing a screw can fit with a washer? Not sure if that would fix it, but the fact that the charging handle flops if you hold it upside down really bothers me, and I'd really like to fix that.
Old January 25th, 2014, 03:10   #8
Adamlxlx

When i had a ca33 i ordered mags from uncompany.
Adamlxlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2014, 15:47   #9
TopGunnerz

Uncompany has had the midcaps out of stock for a while. Also, any idea what colours are used for the m27 iar in tan? Some pictures show a flat dark earth colour for the metal, and some other pictures show a 2 tone metal look. I want to go for the two tone look, so I was wondering what colours are they.
Old January 25th, 2014, 18:44   #10
ccyg8774

Quote:
Uncompany has had the midcaps out of stock for a while. Also, any idea what colours are used for the m27 iar in tan? Some pictures show a flat dark earth colour for the metal, and some other pictures show a 2 tone metal look. I want to go for the two tone look, so I was wondering what colours are they.
By 2 tone you mean the different colour of the rail and the receiver? Do you have a picture of that?
(Most Tan IAR pictures I saw are airsoft.)

Last edited by ccyg8774; January 25th, 2014 at 18:56..
ccyg8774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2014, 19:39   #11
TopGunnerz

Yes I was meant the 2 colours of the rail and receiver, and I was aiming for the vfc iar tan colours. This is what I'm aiming for. Thanks!

http://www.airsoftgi.com/images/airs...-m27-iar-h.jpg
Old January 25th, 2014, 20:34   #12
ccyg8774

Quote:
Yes I was meant the 2 colours of the rail and receiver, and I was aiming for the vfc iar tan colours. This is what I'm aiming for. Thanks!

http://www.airsoftgi.com/images/airs...-m27-iar-h.jpg
The rail is aluminum anodized to gold/tan colour, similar to some tan Daniel Defense rails.
Not sure about the receiver. Probably also aluminum anodized colour? (The colour is related to the thickness of the anodized layer.)
(I wonder how the colour of a real steel tan IAR looks like... )

Last edited by ccyg8774; January 26th, 2014 at 00:10..
Old January 26th, 2014, 07:24   #13
TopGunnerz

Ok thanks, any idea on how to get the tan colour on the plastic parts? I want it to be as durable as possible, and I also need to find that colour in the first place.
Old January 26th, 2014, 21:50   #14
ccyg8774

Quote:
Ok thanks, any idea on how to get the tan colour on the plastic parts? I want it to be as durable as possible, and I also need to find that colour in the first place.
It is very hard to get exact the same "aluminum anodized tan colour" on plastic. This post may help. http://www.randyayersmodeling.com/mo...6ee33f63706a77

Last edited by ccyg8774; January 26th, 2014 at 22:22..
Old January 26th, 2014, 22:08   #15
TopGunnerz

Oh sorry for not being specific, but I wanted to colour all plastic parts like the yellow tan on the polymer.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications