Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

My ares m4 is h.i.v. Positive :o

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old December 30th, 2012, 02:27   #1
QUATTROISKING
LOVES helmets!

Don't shoot me more than 10 times or I'll charge you!

My ares m4 is h.i.v. Positive :o

Hey there, I recently bought an ares m4 and put about 350$ into it to make it the way I like it, every time I bring it into a shop there like wow that's a nice m4 what make is it. (ME) an ares m4, they give me the rolie eyes then go. " ooo I see" in a bad way?? Is it a terrible gun?
Full metal gear box, beefy metal gears, gun shoots crazy well and is full metal? Did I buy a lepor or something? Thanks for you're replies.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (1.53 MB, 41 views)
QUATTROISKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2012, 02:42   #2
phloudernow

Send a message via MSN to phloudernow Send a message via Skype™ to phloudernow
Its because ARES is known to be a shitty brand when it comes to their M4s. for the same price you can get a much better gun.

I give people the rollie eyes whenever they talk about WE pistols, ICS, SRC or ARES. I basically hate anything that isnt 100% Marui compatible. Those companies that I mentioned use proprietary parts and whatnot when it comes to their AR series. for SRC I actually just dont like them due to their bad build quality compared to higher end companies that cost around the same price.
Custom SAI BLU Glock Build (Timberwolf Base)
Custom Zev Noveske Shooting Team Glock 34
Project Guns
Custom Zev Dragonfly G17 (Project) (In progress)
phloudernow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2012, 02:43   #3
pugs144

Leprosy? HIV infection? Really?
pugs144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2012, 02:46   #4
AS92-RD

If you like your M4 then don't let people get to you, just light 'em up when they get into your sights. There's a lot of elitist d-bags in this sport and it's like a class system based on your gun brand. I don't see many PTW circlejerks anymore, but they used to get pretty heated.
AS92-RD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2012, 03:10   #5
L473ncy

Because ARES used to suck dick IRT post purchase support. It was like pulling teeth trying to get replacement parts for proprietary parts that broke unless you could get the "right" CS rep at ARES. I'm told that it's better now and the distributors are able to get replacement proprietary parts and in turn sell to end users (see the thread with Z-Shot asking why people hated ARES and people just shitting on how hard it was to get replacement parts, if they even could).

Also IMO ARES is kind of a meh gun for the price. The quick change spring is kind of cool but at the same time you could also buy 2 different guns (ie. an SBR/CQB gun for CQB and a longer Carbine or Full length rifle for outdoor fields). In fact I own 3 AR's, a CQB thing, a Carbine, and a Full length that's being built but in pieces at the moment.

Last edited by L473ncy; December 30th, 2012 at 03:12..
L473ncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2012, 03:20   #6
GBBR
Banned

Send a message via MSN to GBBR Send a message via Skype™ to GBBR
Ares is extremely hit or miss. I bought a Ares LMG and took it apart and the parts inside where quality parts and it looked like it was very well put together.

my SL8 on the other hand was complete shit. had to replace EVERYTHING.

Ares does do some innovative shit tho, like the quick spring for example, having that in every single gun is just simply a great idea. usually changing a spring is such a pain but with that.

Somethings though make ares a very tough brand to work with, things like their switch box makes it impossible to install a mosfet on it, however Ares has invented some new thing where when you press the trigger, any other trigger pull you make is irrelivent until your gun has fully cycled.

I guess what I'm trying to say is don't worry much about what some jerks say about your gun. if you think its awesome thats all that matters bud.
GBBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2012, 03:41   #7
L473ncy

Oh yeah, fuck that microswitch.... But I managed to find an off the shelf replacement if you can't get one from the manufacturer, I just can't remember where it was from though.

Also, STAR was actually the ones who had the quick change spring first (STAR then became ARES because of some reason or other which then split into ARES and S&T so 2 companies out there have quick change spring systems). And if we're going to talk about innovation ICS had the kind of cool idea about the split gearbox which I think was pretty innovative at the time and then ProWin I think made a CNC'ed split gearbox as well.
Old December 30th, 2012, 04:25   #8
GBBR
Banned

Send a message via MSN to GBBR Send a message via Skype™ to GBBR
Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
Oh yeah, fuck that microswitch.... But I managed to find an off the shelf replacement if you can't get one from the manufacturer, I just can't remember where it was from though.

Also, STAR was actually the ones who had the quick change spring first (STAR then became ARES because of some reason or other which then split into ARES and S&T so 2 companies out there have quick change spring systems). And if we're going to talk about innovation ICS had the kind of cool idea about the split gearbox which I think was pretty innovative at the time and then ProWin I think made a CNC'ed split gearbox as well.

Well, for the price of an ares. which is like 2-3 hundred. getting something that has those capabilities is not bad. I personally hate ICS with a passion tho.

And when my electric switch box thing died out. I shot ARES an email. they didn't reply so I contacted Z Shot. Z shot contacted me within 12 hours and I had the switch mailed to me within 5 days. The Switch block is extremely easy to get its just gotta know how to get it.
GBBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2012, 07:47   #9
Yuu

Send a message via ICQ to Yuu Send a message via MSN to Yuu
I'm sure you didn't roll yours eye me when I had my ARES before lol. Not everything is terrible on ARES just a few quirks, just like every other brand. As with ARES its always a hit or miss and fortunately mine was a hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phloudernow View Post
I give people the rollie eyes whenever they talk about WE pistols, ICS, SRC or ARES. I basically hate anything that isnt 100% Marui compatible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
The plush dogs were cool.

Don't let the dog haters and plushy haters get to you, man. ANYONE can post pictures of their guns, but it takes a special breed of man to post a picture of his guns with plushies!
Yuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2012, 11:45   #10
L473ncy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuu View Post
I'm sure you didn't roll yours eye me when I had my ARES before lol. Not everything is terrible on ARES just a few quirks, just like every other brand. As with ARES its always a hit or miss and fortunately mine was a hit.
True but that was just the exterior mods you did. Loved that steel carbine barrel and how it was setup as a Plain Jane-ish AR with tasteful addition of Magpul parts (and you know how much I hate the "Magpul ALL the things!" scene that everyone with an AR has bought into; preferring JP, Knights, LaRue, and Noveske instead).
Old December 30th, 2012, 12:02   #11
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

There's a huge thread on here somewhere about everything wrong with ARES lol

Bottom line, if it works it works.
HFC is a pretty shit lemon brand, but the best pistol I ever owned was an HFC beretta
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2012, 12:36   #12
Basic-Wedge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
There's a huge thread on here somewhere about everything wrong with ARES
Not quite.

That thread started off questioning why some people are so biased against Ares. It's full of responses from actual Ares users, like myself, who've had no issues with their Ares products.

That's a +1 for the Truth.

Basic-Wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion