Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WE AWSS random jam

:

Doctor's Corner

Old October 9th, 2012, 02:34   #1
Silenc3

WE AWSS random jam

Hi all..just registered and right here to ask for help..
I got a WE AWSS hk416.. There was some problem of jamming the gun randomly, i disassembled and checked everything.. find some rough edges on the brass tube tearing the bigger nozzle oring so smoothed the edges, changed the oring (7mmx1,5mm viton oring) , checked chamber, cleaned and lubed what needed..
yesterday tried another time and still got some problems.. shooting in semi works good... (sometimes happen that "pops" but without ejecting the bb.. so next shoot.. it shoots 2 bbs. but this is rare.
When in full auto it's a disaster.. shot 1 bb then no bb for 3..4shots and then 4bbs togheter.. sometimes it shoots broken bbs...
when was new i used to shoot in full autowith no problems.. then one day started to have problems.
i searched the forum and the internet but none of the solutions found worked!
bbs are light royal 0.23 (i'm looking for some 0.3 but i can't find easily here) and i use green gas..
anyone can help??
thanks in advance
Silenc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2012, 07:04   #2
coach
aka coachster

Light royal BB's? Have you tried other BB's? Try some bastards!

Btw, there is a huge thread for WE AWSS GBBR's.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2012, 07:15   #3
Silenc3

Thank you for the answer! I know the thread and found someuseful infos but nothing to solve my problem! I am aboutto try some other bbs.. Until now royal .23 were the only kind available now I found a jar of umarex .30 that ill buy saturday. Do you think could be a bb problem?! Inside everything seems perfect.. And i read here that kind of guns may be not precise in shooting but are workhorses.. So i think there must be some thing stupid hapening to my rifle.. Any other help is really appreciated!
Old October 9th, 2012, 08:41   #4
coach
aka coachster

www.bbbastard.com
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2012, 13:10   #5
Silenc3

the problem is to find them! where i live no one got them.. and buying overseas is long and expensive due to shipping + customs..
Old October 9th, 2012, 17:15   #6
audi_bhoy

A location more precise than "In my workshop" would help us spoonfeed you... If you're in Canada, plenty of retailers have quality BBs in stock...
audi_bhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2012, 17:50   #7
Silenc3

sorry... i wrote it in my introduction post but forgot to change that temporary "in my workshop" with correct location... anyway I live in the far europe.. in italy to be precise.. I'm writing here because I think it's the more "plenty of information" community before registering I've been reading the thread pointed out by coach so many times..
Old October 9th, 2012, 17:59   #8
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

LUBE.. the AWSS system needs to be well lubricated .. also it prefers premium BBs of Minimum .28G weight.

I run Light weight Silicon Oil in the gas .. and my guns run like a top
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2012, 18:02   #9
Silenc3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
LUBE.. the AWSS system needs to be well lubricated .. also it prefers premium BBs of Minimum .28G weight.
Thank you brian for the answer, my rifle is very well lubricated (found that on the famous awss thread too) and about the bbs.. then the problem could be that like i guessed... a few more days and I'll have some .30g to try.. I'll surely let you know! Thanks
Old October 9th, 2012, 20:38   #10
Huron
GabeGuitarded

Fire until you experience the misfeed, then pop open the receiver and push a cleaning rod gently down the chamber and see how many BBs fall out.
Huron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2012, 02:05   #11
Kos-Mos

Hmm... surprizing how no one mentionned the possibility of a crushed nozzle...

Look carefully at the 3 pillars that are around the valve... they should be perfectly in axis and smooth. If they look to be twisted, there is your problem... It causes a bad air seal, which in turn allows for the rocket valve to close and fail to fire. It is less proheminent in semi-auto because the rubber has time to settle and make a better seal.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2012, 02:19   #12
Silenc3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeGuitarded View Post
Fire until you experience the misfeed, then pop open the receiver and push a cleaning rod gently down the chamber and see how many BBs fall out.
I've made this test the other day, in full auto happened to find (some fall out right out the barrel themselves tilting the rifle) 4 to 5 bbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos-Mos View Post
Hmm... surprizing how no one mentionned the possibility of a crushed nozzle...

Look carefully at the 3 pillars that are around the valve... they should be perfectly in axis and smooth. If they look to be twisted, there is your problem... It causes a bad air seal, which in turn allows for the rocket valve to close and fail to fire. It is less proheminent in semi-auto because the rubber has time to settle and make a better seal.
the other day when I changed the 7x1,5mm nozzle o-ring the nozzle seemed in good shape, but after reading your post this evening after work I'll surely give it a closer look to confirm if it's good or bad.
Old October 10th, 2012, 14:08   #13
Silenc3

Just checked, the nozzle is perfect.
Old October 13th, 2012, 13:28   #14
Silenc3

today I've fired some rounds (about a couple of mags) of my new 0.30 bbs and seems no more jams.. flawless semi and flawless full auto
New BBs seems to have also cured the trajectory, little error on a target at about 20 mt.. so pretty much satisfied!! my rifle started a new life!
Old October 14th, 2012, 00:10   #15
GBBR
Banned

Send a message via MSN to GBBR Send a message via Skype™ to GBBR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silenc3 View Post
today I've fired some rounds (about a couple of mags) of my new 0.30 bbs and seems no more jams.. flawless semi and flawless full auto
New BBs seems to have also cured the trajectory, little error on a target at about 20 mt.. so pretty much satisfied!! my rifle started a new life!
lol what where you using before .12 walmart brand?
GBBR is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner