Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Evikes Canada compliance checking and documentation

:

Newbie Tank

Old August 8th, 2012, 20:52   #1
JerryMcGoulBerry

Evikes Canada compliance checking and documentation

Before I begin this post, I would like to say that I have read the FAQ and I am aware of importation laws.

So I sound this service on Evike,
http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=35309
Its says that they chrono it and makes sure its canadian legal. I want to buy a cheap jg g36c and use it as a backup and i noticed they're dirt cheap there. So do you think it will actually work?
JerryMcGoulBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2012, 20:55   #2
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

yeah... good luck getting exactly what you order from them...

and good luck with shipping... they'll probably charge you 100$ to ship a gun Which makes your JG g36 cost more than a VA g36 mkII... which is probably exactly the same thing.
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2012, 21:18   #3
dwsage

Actually one of my guns came from Evike via Venture and in the box was a letter to the CBSA with the chrono readings, what model of chronograph they used, as well as the name and signature of the person who performed the tests. So yes. They do cater to Canadian customers now. You just gotta hope your gun does shoot over 366 from the factory. My King Arms P90 was documented at 380fps on .2 from evike. I took it to rock the ridge and it shot 380fps
Old August 8th, 2012, 21:23   #4
L473ncy

UPS can suck it, that is all.

If you ever need to get anything shipped from US to Canada go USPS, accept no substitutes.
Old August 8th, 2012, 21:31   #5
ARC-74
Can't Aim worth a damn!! old lady gives me heck for missing the toilet all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
UPS can suck it, that is all.

If you ever need to get anything shipped from US to Canada go USPS, accept no substitutes.
100% true!!
(I once had a $20.00 part shipped UPS, ended up costing me almost $100.00 after shipping and brokerage fees)
Old August 8th, 2012, 21:43   #6
venture

I agree with the first reply by lurkingknight . The VA 36 is a great deal and supports a Canadian retailer.

Visit us at :www.ventureairsoft.ca
venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2012, 21:46   #7
Drake
E-01

@OP: congrats on searching about the import laws; but I suggest you perform a 2nd search about all the Evike horror stories.

Even if the laws changed and it became 100% legal to import any airsoft, I still wouldn't deal with Evike.
Old August 8th, 2012, 22:28   #8
RaisinBran

Never ordered from evike, wanted to order some parts before but all the horror stories i've read, ordering from overseas seems safer.

AirsoftGi however is pretty great at getting the right products to you. Wonder if they have the same service.
JG M4A1
RaisinBran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2012, 22:41   #9
jordan7831
will always be Mike Litoris in our hearts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARC-74 View Post
100% true!!
(I once had a $20.00 part shipped UPS, ended up costing me almost $100.00 after shipping and brokerage fees)
Holy shit thats outrageous. They wanted $20 to ship a 5 dollar spring one time. Then I found KWA shop and I laughed my ass how much less shipping is.
jordan7831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2012, 22:58   #10
Affliction
a.k.a. Fury a.k.a. VipaMave

I bought a new Serpa holster from the US a few weeks ago (after I lost my hi-capa when it fell out of it's universal holster, later found). Now I've had some very bad experiences with UPS paying ridiculous brokerage fees over the years -- however that was long ago and I thought maybe things have changed.

I thought wrong. I opted to use the UPS shipping option which was $5 cheaper than the USPS option. I ended up paying about $50 brokerage for a holster that cost $49.99, which would have a $0 brokerage fee is I just used USPS. Now I don't shop at any international retail that only offers UPS.
Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2012, 23:05   #11
foxtrot-one7

Has anybody looked into this?

http://shippingtobuffalo.com/

www.canadiancrimsonforce.com
You Get Out of It What You Put Into It...
foxtrot-one7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2012, 23:14   #12
JerryMcGoulBerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwsage View Post
Actually one of my guns came from Evike via Venture and in the box was a letter to the CBSA with the chrono readings, what model of chronograph they used, as well as the name and signature of the person who performed the tests. So yes. They do cater to Canadian customers now. You just gotta hope your gun does shoot over 366 from the factory. My King Arms P90 was documented at 380fps on .2 from evike. I took it to rock the ridge and it shot 380fps

is venture a shipping company? how much was shipping?
JerryMcGoulBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2012, 23:16   #13
BennyBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan7831 View Post
Holy shit thats outrageous. They wanted $20 to ship a 5 dollar spring one time. Then I found KWA shop and I laughed my ass how much less shipping is.
wanted to order a slide catch spring from KWA, it was $2.50 but they wanted at least 10 dollars to ship to a US address 6 hours away from it.
BennyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2012, 23:33   #14
XZIVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post

Even if the laws changed and it became 100% legal to import any airsoft, I still wouldn't deal with Evike.
If I was the kind of guy to put quotes in his signature, this would be the first.
XZIVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2012, 00:03   #15
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

not sure if trolling... or.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryMcGoulBerry View Post
is venture a shipping company? how much was shipping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by venture View Post
I agree with the first reply by lurkingknight . The VA 36 is a great deal and supports a Canadian retailer.

Look at it this way, the VA g36 mII is 200-230$ from the canadian vendor which I shall not name because of your non AV status, but if your google fu is strong you can find it easily. Add batteries and mags like any normal person would and you even get it shipped for free.

The cheapest JG g36 genIV (product code JG-6681 which the VA g36 mII most likely is) is available from airsplat in the states who currently does not offer export paperwork to canada, is about 150-200$ US before shipping. And on the lowside shoots 350, are you going to chance it that it will shoot what they claim? The box does state it potentially shoots lower than the 366. customs is entitled to hold it and test it if they want.

The evike jg model is not guaranteed to be the gen 4 with improved nylon fiber body, so it could be the old pvc/abs body and junk internals. Which imo is not worth the price tag when the gen4 has similar quality externals and internals to a CA g36 but half the price. For 140 you'd be getting something not as crappy as a walmart gun, but not as nice as the VA36.

140-150~.. plus at least 50 to ship it... knowing evike probably 80 adding mags? oh well then sir, evike will love you as they ship the mags in a separate box for another 50$.. or they stuff it into one box and charge you oversize package rates. That's provided they grab the right product off the shelf, chrono it without mixing up paperwork with another gun being exported and if they remember to put the paperwork with the package.

What do you save? Not taxes, because customs will probably will charge you tax. Provided they don't open it and verify if the product stated on the declaration form is correct or not... and they don't discover some other gun that isn't shooting 366+.

Gamble on something more rare or higher end if you're going to order from shitvike, not something entry level you can already get in country for maybe 10-20$ more.
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank