Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Mask or goggle that you can wear glasses with?

:

Gear Discussion

Old April 17th, 2012, 13:41   #1
Olson

Mask or goggle that you can wear glasses with?

Hello everyone, I recently just got into airsfot and im 23, took me long enough to find this awesome hobby lol. But my question is, has anyone found a mask or goggles that work well for people who wear glasses? My thing is that i have wearing huge masks since then its almost impossible to look down the sights of my gun.

PS my first AEG is a Elite Force M4 CQB and I love it
Olson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2012, 13:54   #2
Aper
E-30

Check out the ESS ICE glasses. They have inserts. Drake could tell you more about it he owns a pair.

West Coast EOD Supporter. // Bang One, Bang Em All ! // In war, it's not who's right, but who's left.
Aper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2012, 14:09   #3
theshaneler

both made by ESS, i have the glasses, and love them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curo View Post
Look at all the fucks no one gives Miles, look at them. There is a lot of fucks not being given.
theshaneler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2012, 14:22   #4
Rusty Lugnuts
Fainting Goat, Dictator of Quinte West

hey K that link doesn't seem to be working, Personally i have a big head and really wide glasses, I tried the marui fan mask and no dice . Bought a pair of x500 tactical googles and they don't work for me either. Next bought a Save Phace mask which cleared my glasses, And have terrible fogging problems. I added a fan kit to them, home made duct work and more foam which helped, but sighting is hard. Today i bought a used Empire invert BT avatar mask, and i think it's going to be better again. Some players cut down their masks for better gun sighting. hope this helps
Rusty Lugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2012, 14:39   #5
bigmac10attack

I found a pair of French Military Bolle's at my local surplus store. Lots of room for glasses and good vision. Don't know which model they are though. They are out there, it took me 2 years to find a good pair that worked. Don't know if this post helped.....
bigmac10attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2012, 19:34   #6
ViR

If you don't want inserts, ESS Land Ops work pretty well with glasses.
ViR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2012, 20:16   #7
phloudernow

Send a message via MSN to phloudernow Send a message via Skype™ to phloudernow
The following is a way my brother "Noveske" protects his face
He modified one of those old school sansei masks. He noticed that the lower half of the Sansei mask is much more lower profile than other mask types enabling a closer cheek weld for lower-mounted optics.

The Balistic Glasses are Oakley M Frame 2.0s if you were wondering

Custom SAI BLU Glock Build (Timberwolf Base)
Custom Zev Noveske Shooting Team Glock 34
Project Guns
Custom Zev Dragonfly G17 (Project) (In progress)
phloudernow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2012, 20:19   #8
Rusty Lugnuts
Fainting Goat, Dictator of Quinte West

Are the oakley's prescription?
Rusty Lugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2012, 20:33   #9
PrIeSt
takagari

Send a message via MSN to PrIeSt Send a message via Skype™ to PrIeSt
To be honest. With glasses I would wear mesh. The only issue with mesh is the chance of BB dust/ mini bits. Glasses will stop those.
And another set of glass over your face is yet another place to fog.

Get one of those full face mesh masks. They rock

After seeing a guy loose a tooth on my field on sunday. I wear full mesh. lol
PrIeSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2012, 21:16   #10
phloudernow

Send a message via MSN to phloudernow Send a message via Skype™ to phloudernow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Lugnuts View Post
Are the oakley's prescription?
Not sure if you can get them, however the ones in the picture are not as he has 20/20 vision
Custom SAI BLU Glock Build (Timberwolf Base)
Custom Zev Noveske Shooting Team Glock 34
Project Guns
Custom Zev Dragonfly G17 (Project) (In progress)
phloudernow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2012, 11:38   #11
bigmac10attack

If you can find this style mask, they fit well over glasses. They come in three different colors and have a fan as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 880-b.jpg (185.3 KB, 8 views)
bigmac10attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2012, 13:14   #12
Wantabe_Warrior

Will the uRx fit Oakley Radars?

perks:
Chairsofter
Fortunate Son
Wantabe_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2012, 19:16   #13
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

ESS strikers fit with my glasses, but I also decided to go with contacts just for games. I ran a pair of trial contacts a couple weeks ago for a day skirmish and they were fine. I normally can't wear contacts for work (I tried it) cause my eyes dry out too quickly, but when confined within the sealed goggles, they were fine...and probably sucking up some of the moisture inside the goggles... heh.

Not quite sure how the contacts will hold up for say a 24 hour game as they start really irritating me after about 14-16 hours.

Also, a full head mesh mask would probably work if you have a reasonably low profile pair of glasses.

I also have the RX insert for my strikers as a backup, though I didn't really like how those fit inside and not sure if I like the vision out of them.

if you go with strikers and RX insert let me know, you will need a donor insert for them to measure for the lenses... the insert has these arms on it that mount in the goggles... they get in the way of the machine that does the measurements... you have to sacrifice an insert by cutting the mounting arms off so lenses can be measured.

The NVG turbofan with the Rx insert might be a better choice since the newer insert doesn't use the arms, but a clip at the nose... and it doesn't get in the way of the machine.

Last edited by lurkingknight; April 24th, 2012 at 19:52..
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2012, 23:52   #14
Cokeman
a.k.a. az29okg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac10attack View Post
If you can find this style mask, they fit well over glasses. They come in three different colors and have a fan as well.
I wear glasses as well and this was my first set of goggle/face mask. Here are the problems that I encountered:
  1. The goggle frame sticks out very far (enables you to wear glasses inside), reducing your downward phrephrial vision. This makes it harder to see where your feet, increases tripping especially playing in the woods/bushes.
  2. Glasses are worn fairly close to the face, so I found that the fans were not able to keep the eye glasses fog free
  3. I got the "clone" version for $40 - the lens is not very clear and scratches/scuffs quite easily.
  4. Fan is fairly loud
  5. Quality is poor (i.e. the battery covers)

I then purchased a set of Revisions Asian Locust Military Goggles (http://www.revisionmilitary.com/prod...goggle-system/) with the prescription lens inserts (Note: my face was still too flat/Asian for these goggles - so I had to add extra foam on the nose-pad). This is a fairly low powered fan (only operates on a single AA battery). I compared its performance with another player at a game at Petawawa Airsoft who used the ESS turbo fan goggles (with inserts). Both of us experienced some fogging.

My current situation (which is by no means perfect) is to eliminate the prescription inserts (as it is just adding two additional layers for fogging) by gluing a set of prescription lens directly to the Revision goggle's lens (on the inside). I did this using hot glue, but find the hot glue comes loose after a while - have had to re-glue it about 3 times now. I will be trying clear silicone (the type used for bathrooms/kitchens) next. I find this helps to really reduce fogging. It can still fog up under heavy exertions. So, my plan going forward is to reduce the amount of gear that I am carrying (got a new vest that feels 10 lbs lighter and a lightweight moisture wisking combat shirt). I also am using a lower mesh face mask to protect my teeth.
Cokeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2012, 23:58   #15
Kingsix

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac10attack View Post
I run those goggles, but I bought the ones made by Tokyo Marui and not the knockoffs. Works with most of my headgear and my coms gear except my PASGT style helmet. The fan is pretty quiet, but I only turn it on when it fogs badly.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion