Well mb01 (TSD96/L96) hopup upgrade + questions

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old February 19th, 2011, 22:21   #1
SlippGun

Send a message via MSN to SlippGun
Well mb01 (TSD96/L96) hopup upgrade + questions

Alright, so this is a problem that is going to be moving into an upgrade :P

Alright, so I was taking my L96 apart, trying to figure out how to take the hop up off so I could see how difficult it would be to upgrade it. Anyway, I couldn't find anything to help me take the hopup off, so I had to wing it.

So, a little twisting and and unscrewing, and I notice I had moved the bucking. Hoping I hadn't damaged the bucking, I twisted it back to the original position. Once I had figured out how to get the hopup off, I was met with some broken plastic bits.

They seemed to be part of the hopup to keep the bucking in place. Since I don't know what they are, I will just have to use a couple of pictures to show exactly what they are.

The pieces that are broken are the black ring that slides into the hopup unit, and the black ring that is set into the barrel (I am thinking this was attached to something).

The question then is, a) what are these items, b) can they be replaced, c) if not, can I purchase another hopup unit (recommended?) to replace it.

Hehe, oh well. Live and learn I guess. Happily, this happened now in the year, and not later in the summer.

Last edited by SlippGun; February 19th, 2011 at 23:11..
SlippGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2011, 09:18   #2
Whiskey
formerly BLACKWATER204

That broken piece of plastic is "supposed" to keep everything aligned inside the hopup chamber. I personally have owned this gun, the stock hop up is crap and I would recommend replacing it with the PDI unit for best results. The PDI unit has two pivot arms that apply pressure on the hopup bucking allowing very fine tuning of pressure that is applied to it. The end result one very straight shooting L96. Also the PDI hopup chamber requires the use of standard AEG barrels and buckings which allows for greater options for tuning you're hopup. I have owned this gun with the aforementioned PDI hopup chamber, Prometheus TB and soft bucking (plus many other mods) and it was a laser beam . Hope this helps.

Born to fight, trained to kill, ready to die, but never will.
Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2011, 22:14   #3
SlippGun

Send a message via MSN to SlippGun
Ah, thank you.

Just a question, would the PDI chamber come with the broken parts? I am assuming it does, but ya never know until ya ask :P

Also, just about the PDI hopup - the stock barrel would not work in it correct? Just trying to get an idea as to what price tag I shall be attaching to upgrading this gun off the hop.
SlippGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2011, 12:21   #4
Whiskey
formerly BLACKWATER204

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlippGun View Post
Ah, thank you.

Just a question, would the PDI chamber come with the broken parts? I am assuming it does, but ya never know until ya ask :P

Also, just about the PDI hopup - the stock barrel would not work in it correct? Just trying to get an idea as to what price tag I shall be attaching to upgrading this gun off the hop.
The PDI hopup chamber comes with everything you need to use it with an AEG barrel, except for bucking. Correct, the stock barrel will be of no use with the PDI hopup chamber.

Born to fight, trained to kill, ready to die, but never will.
Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications