Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

VFC SCAR Loose Stock

:

Doctor's Corner

Old December 7th, 2010, 12:43   #1
Molomir

VFC SCAR Loose Stock

hey guys,

So I've had my VFC SCAR-L for a while now and it had to come up with a problem eventually. Luckily, the problem that I have now is just a loose stock.

For some reason I don't know, my stock is loose. When I unfold it and press it against my shoulder, it tends to wiggle a lot. Does anybody else have that problem? I was wondering if there was a trick to stop it from wiggling?

aight thx guys
Old December 7th, 2010, 12:45   #2
Danke

Which part is loose, the rearmost telescoping section, or the front?
Old December 7th, 2010, 12:48   #3
Molomir

the front one near the carrier plate.
Old December 7th, 2010, 13:40   #4
Danke

The catch might be broken or cracked, I think that's happened to a few folks. Look over the hinge section.

I think Jeff at Capitol Airsoft has some coming in.
Old December 7th, 2010, 19:07   #5
Sha Do

There is a lower cage type assembly that is a real pain in the arse to tighten up.
First remove the rear portion of the telescopic stock. If you look down the rest of the stock you should see a metal bracket. That bracket is loose because of a nut that has become loose. The nut threads onto a bolt that passes through the stock mount at the hinge (the lower of the two bolts). You'll need to get have a 6" or longer socket extension (or an extension that works with a socket type screw driver) and a socket for the nut that is inside (damn if I can remember the size) . Use the proper size Allen key on the lower bolt and use the ratchet (with the extension) to remove the nut from inside the stock. Once this is done, the metal bracket will also come out. You will notice where the nut sits in the bracket, and so, reinsert the nut into the bracket and carefully reinsert the bracket into the stock. Try to line up the lower bolt with the nut and then tighten the bolt (the socket and extension are now not necessary if the nut is mounted correctly with in the bracket).
The last step is a little tricky as the nut might keep popping out of the bracket as you try to re-thread the bolt into it.

Good luck,
SHA DO
Sha Do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 20:42   #6
Molomir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha Do View Post
There is a lower cage type assembly that is a real pain in the arse to tighten up.
First remove the rear portion of the telescopic stock. If you look down the rest of the stock you should see a metal bracket. That bracket is loose because of a nut that has become loose. The nut threads onto a bolt that passes through the stock mount at the hinge (the lower of the two bolts). You'll need to get have a 6" or longer socket extension (or an extension that works with a socket type screw driver) and a socket for the nut that is inside (damn if I can remember the size) . Use the proper size Allen key on the lower bolt and use the ratchet (with the extension) to remove the nut from inside the stock. Once this is done, the metal bracket will also come out. You will notice where the nut sits in the bracket, and so, reinsert the nut into the bracket and carefully reinsert the bracket into the stock. Try to line up the lower bolt with the nut and then tighten the bolt (the socket and extension are now not necessary if the nut is mounted correctly with in the bracket).
The last step is a little tricky as the nut might keep popping out of the bracket as you try to re-thread the bolt into it.

Good luck,
SHA DO
Good luck indeed, I'm gonna need it XD Thx for the tip!
Old December 7th, 2010, 20:43   #7
Danke

On mine the inner nuts were captured and you just needed the right size hex key. I think it was a 3mm. You're talking about the ones that if you undo you can pull the whole butt/battery compartment off right?
Old December 8th, 2010, 01:08   #8
Sha Do

I'm talking about the nut that is suppose to be "captured" by the metal bracket inside the "battery compartment" part of the stock. If the stock has become very loose, just tightening the bolt will not do (as all the nut will do is spin around with the bolt as it is no longer "captured").

SHA DO
Sha Do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2010, 01:56   #9
Danke

Maybe a bit of grease on the sliding rail section the nut sits in so it stays put till you can get traction with the wrench. There are 2 bolts there but as I recall you only need to pull the bottom one to get the stock apart.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner