Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Jing Gong battery problem

:

Doctor's Corner

Old April 13th, 2010, 09:45   #1
BGrail25

Jing Gong battery problem

I've benn having some small issues with my JG M4, and this time it's the battery. The battery I'm using is the stock 8.4V 1100mah battery. (NiMh)
I didn't charge it for a while ( I left it unplugged from my gun) and last night I decided to charge it. I let it sit for about 7 hours.
When I put it in and shot a bit, the ROF was terribley slow, and it stopped working after like five shots. It's almost like it never even charged.
However, once I put it in my Kraken, the thing works fine. When I put the Kraken battery in the M4, the ROF is very slow. (both are 8.4V)

I guess I should also mention probably one of the dumbest things I have ever done. I was charging the M4 battery once, when I totally forgot about it. Having ADD, this is no surprise. I stupidly left it unnoticed for almost a day or two. Could this be the reason for the troubles?
But if it was, why will the Kraken work?

EDIT: Could this just be the gun?

So, I'm pretty stumped. Do you guys think you know the answer?

Last edited by BGrail25; April 13th, 2010 at 09:54..
BGrail25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2010, 10:44   #2
kalnaren

Pull the mechbox out, regrease it, reshim it, then try again.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2010, 10:51   #3
Shooting Addict
* KNOWN LIAR *

Get a good 9.6 or 8.4 and try one of those in the gun, your problems are prbably caused by shitty Chinese clone batterys.
You can tell a person over and over that 4 + 5 = 9 and show them the mechanics of how addition works, but at the end of the day when you look into their eyes you know damn well that in their heads they still see 4 + 5 = pineapple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
Harden the fuck up, you liberal pussies.
Shooting Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2010, 11:00   #4
Con Murder

+1 ShootingAddict

And ya get a decent charger as well cuz if you can't remember things or get distracted easily a charger with a safety cut off would pay for itself. Spend a bit more and you can controll all parameters of the unit and monitor your battery. Then you would just have to check it out with the unit.
Con Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2010, 11:01   #5
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Addict View Post
Get a good 9.6 or 8.4 and try one of those in the gun, your problems are prbably caused by shitty Chinese clone batterys.
He's tried 2 different batteries in his gun with the same result, and both batteries work fine in another gun. While I agree that those china batteries are crap and should be replaced ASAP, I'd hesitate to assume they're the problem in this case.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
Old April 13th, 2010, 11:19   #6
Con Murder

Probably right Kalnaren, motor height may need to be checked. A few guns on our field need to be adjusted every few months. But thats usually dropping and so the noise is evident, BGrail25 did anyone change anything in the gun?? How long did it go before such problem?

If its been upgraded it could just need more power, my teammate fixed the airseal in his weapon and noticed a drop in the ROF and that was just a piston head swap.
Old April 13th, 2010, 12:03   #7
BGrail25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con Murder View Post
Probably right Kalnaren, motor height may need to be checked. A few guns on our field need to be adjusted every few months. But thats usually dropping and so the noise is evident, BGrail25 did anyone change anything in the gun?? How long did it go before such problem?

If its been upgraded it could just need more power, my teammate fixed the airseal in his weapon and noticed a drop in the ROF and that was just a piston head swap.
Thanks for the quick answers!

I agree with kalnaren, even I don't feel like it should be the battery. But I just don't know what else it could be.
I haven't ever upgraded any internals, but that said I've never really had any evident problems with them.
It's exactly like when the battery is almost dead. The ROF is very slow, and it will eventually be too weak to pull back the spring. It seems more like a power issue than a mechbox issue to me.
Old April 13th, 2010, 12:11   #8
kalnaren

Well, if the ROF decreases quickely, then yea, I'd say that's a battery problem. See if you can borrow a good battery off someone and give that a check. Or buy a good battery anyway (along with a good charger that won't nuke your battery) and try that, since you'll need both regardless.

Quote:
Old April 13th, 2010, 12:16   #9
Con Murder

Well does your kraken hit as hard as the jing gong? If the JG is at 400fps and the kraken 360 fps it would make perfect sense that your battery (8.4v) would struggle on the JG and not the kraken, even if it worked before. See the 8.4v was overcharged for a day as you said and that could have lowered its total capacity, as for why the kraken battery wont pull it? I only know that the 8.4v mini my SIG came with wont pull my buddies G&G mp5 (370fps) but my bro has a VA-S system that came with a 8.4v shooting 400fps.

Batteries are not created equal and that is why hardcore R/C car and heli operrators use high tech chargers that balance and give the output readings of the battery. If one fucks up at home I replace and its all good, on the field I have to borrow an extra for the day and tape it on. For an R/C guy its one of his many batteries BUT he now is down the run time of a battery (20 minutes aprox), very bad on race day.
Old April 13th, 2010, 12:34   #10
kalnaren

FPS is a terrible way to guage if a battery will or won't pull something. I've been running my 370fps G36 off an 8.4v mini battery for years, and both the trigger reponse and ROF exceeds that of my 315fps P90 running a 9.6v mini.

Quote:
Old April 13th, 2010, 12:48   #11
Con Murder

Of course you know that and I know that and anyone who got an intelect battery after a year or so of stock china crap does too. But a lot of the time its just a plastic pack to a new kid on the scene. Ones $80 and ones $30 all the numbers (voltage, mha) equal what do you think he buys? And if it is low quality or one cell is irregular you will have some problems and it will be strange to the other interweb users who did not use the china crap or maintained them. We can tell a user that a 8.4v sometimes out performs a 9.6v or that one 8.4v is no where near the performance of the other based on experience, but unless we give them an idea of how thats possible its just internet dribble.
Old April 13th, 2010, 12:56   #12
HKGhost

It's been said before. Trash stock battery and get a better one. Over charging cheap china brand battery can only lead to failure. Get a new one and a good charger. I've learn this the hard way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGrail25 View Post
I've benn having some small issues with my JG M4, and this time it's the battery. The battery I'm using is the stock 8.4V 1100mah battery. (NiMh)
I didn't charge it for a while ( I left it unplugged from my gun) and last night I decided to charge it. I let it sit for about 7 hours.
When I put it in and shot a bit, the ROF was terribley slow, and it stopped working after like five shots. It's almost like it never even charged.
However, once I put it in my Kraken, the thing works fine. When I put the Kraken battery in the M4, the ROF is very slow. (both are 8.4V)

I guess I should also mention probably one of the dumbest things I have ever done. I was charging the M4 battery once, when I totally forgot about it. Having ADD, this is no surprise. I stupidly left it unnoticed for almost a day or two. Could this be the reason for the troubles?
But if it was, why will the Kraken work?

EDIT: Could this just be the gun?

So, I'm pretty stumped. Do you guys think you know the answer?

Custom Build | Upgrades | Repairs | Maintenance
HKGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2010, 12:57   #13
BGrail25

The JG and Kraken are pretty the same.

It's just strange how this comes out of no where. The way I see it, it should go both ways.
On one side, the problem came out of no where, and before this the battery worked completley fine. And the fact that it works in the AK-47 (which is almost equal) and neither will work in the M4 (which I recall both did before) seems to be pointing to some other problem, not battery related.
However, I have noticed a few problems with the battery before, such as loss of charge very quickly (most likely from the overcharge). Plus, when it is fired the problem exactly resembles some sort of power issue.

I'm planning pm getting some kind of new battery, but right now sort of hard because I was planning on getting other things... I hope it's not the battery, because I don't really have the money to spend.
But on that note, would a Li-Po work? I'm really not sure what to do...
Old April 13th, 2010, 13:22   #14
HKGhost

Lipo would work but be prepared to fork out some more money if your gears and piston start to strip. I recommend using lipos on only well built guns. And I don't mean high performance. Any gun can take lipo but I believe it must be a well built gun. Best is to stick with 8.4v (large or small) or at most, 9.6v (large or small). I wouldn't go any farther than that. You might have a problem with the wires or the fuse. Take it to a gun doc for a check up or do it yourself if you have the know hows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGrail25 View Post
The JG and Kraken are pretty the same.

It's just strange how this comes out of no where. The way I see it, it should go both ways.
On one side, the problem came out of no where, and before this the battery worked completley fine. And the fact that it works in the AK-47 (which is almost equal) and neither will work in the M4 (which I recall both did before) seems to be pointing to some other problem, not battery related.
However, I have noticed a few problems with the battery before, such as loss of charge very quickly (most likely from the overcharge). Plus, when it is fired the problem exactly resembles some sort of power issue.

I'm planning pm getting some kind of new battery, but right now sort of hard because I was planning on getting other things... I hope it's not the battery, because I don't really have the money to spend.
But on that note, would a Li-Po work? I'm really not sure what to do...

Custom Build | Upgrades | Repairs | Maintenance
HKGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2010, 14:36   #15
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con Murder View Post
Of course you know that and I know that and anyone who got an intelect battery after a year or so of stock china crap does too. But a lot of the time its just a plastic pack to a new kid on the scene. Ones $80 and ones $30 all the numbers (voltage, mha) equal what do you think he buys? And if it is low quality or one cell is irregular you will have some problems and it will be strange to the other interweb users who did not use the china crap or maintained them. We can tell a user that a 8.4v sometimes out performs a 9.6v or that one 8.4v is no where near the performance of the other based on experience, but unless we give them an idea of how thats possible its just internet dribble.
Easy on the smart-ass. Judging by your response you completely missed my point. What I stated had nothing to do with the batteries in question and everything to do with the gun.

Here, I'll state it this way:

I run a better battery in a gun with significantly lower FPS, and get worse performance than I do in a gun with significantly higher FPS.

Hence my point countering yours -FPS is a terrible way to guage what kind of battery an AEG will need.

Quote:
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner