Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

POLL: MG36 as acceptable lmg yay or nay?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

View Poll Results: MG36 as an acceptable lmg in airsoft games?
yes 124 73.37%
no 37 21.89%
undecided 8 4.73%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 7th, 2012, 16:16   #31
Long_Bong

And as you mentionned before, worst case, leave the drum mag in the car and get regular mags for the game.
Old November 7th, 2012, 16:18   #32
Colin_S

Send a message via MSN to Colin_S Send a message via Skype™ to Colin_S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long_Bong View Post
And as you mentionned before, worst case, leave the drum mag in the car and get regular mags for the game.
Yes that's what I did. That can suck too, when I'm told sometimes I'm looking forward to suppressing the hell out of op-for.

Team GHOSTS - Fides et Amicitia
Blog: http://www.colinsun.com
G-45
Colin_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2012, 16:18   #33
ShelledPants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gato View Post
having handled those, if not something similar, but I think it was those, I'll tell you this, 30rd mags are substantially heavier than airsoft mags, THOSE fuckers can be used as a bludgeoning tool.

Also, forget going prone :P
30rnd = 1lb
60rnd = 2lb
100rnd = 3.25lb

Give a little more for the alluminium construction, it's not back breaking, but it leaves a lot to be desired for under gun to ground clearance for prone.

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2012, 16:39   #34
mr_nuts31

another option is the Colt Automatic rifle which is used by the Danish army:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_Automatic_Rifle
mr_nuts31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2012, 16:46   #35
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin_S View Post
Yes I accept it's the direction I'm arguing from. From a skirmisher perspective it doesn't matter what the gun is, let's go and have some fun. From a mil simmer perspective though the MG36 gun configuration might not be allowed, which is a valid point to bring up.
Every support gunner should have at least a few backup mags anyways... if it's a SAW, have emergency stanags... if it's mg36, have extra g36 mags... just in case your box runs out.

I just feel that the weight argument (as well as that hot barrel one) is a bit dated. As weapons get older and time passes, there will be new innovations that make stuff lighter to carry/use. That's the nature of warfare arms racing... there's always going to be something better and advantageous.

And to carry on to digress in that direction,

That's where this ideal of organized military force simulation starts to fall apart in my mind. You got guys whining that because they're kitting towards let's say a 'typical' US squad/fireteam kit and he gets himself a m249, but then bitches at a player who will kit with a more lightweight option that can do the same thing, but is following a different gear model to kit towards.

Who's fault is it? That's personal choice, if you want to larp as a US serviceman, that's fine, but if the game is allowing the other guy to make a loadout that is more advantageous in gear selection, why does the larper get to bitch? He chose his gear. Is it any less of a simulation that other player has just as viable a loadout based on real world equipment that's available?

I run a p90, my squadmates run 4 m4s, a g36, a 416, 3 mp5s and AK. Our tac gear is tan, green, auscam, black, multicam..... so if someone is going to criticize our uses of a non conventional military weapon system, it's not going to bother us. :P

Is someone going to comment that because I run a p90 and no frontline military unit uses a p90 as a primary weapon, that I'm somehow not doing it right? Are they going to bitch at us that we should all have m4s and the same colour kit? Where is that kind of ridiculousness going to start or stop?
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2012, 17:07   #36
Long_Bong

The mg36 vs g36 also:
Drum mag with pressure switch feeding do not make a big difference vs 2 regular mags side by side (140 rounds each). Both can suppress for quite a while.

In real cap game, different story...
Old November 7th, 2012, 18:21   #37
kullwarrior

Play with REAL CAP, I got no problem, The bulkyness of magazine would over come it.
Old November 7th, 2012, 18:22   #38
CR0M

i dont think theres a right or wrong here, but its good to get the discussion going to get different perspectives.

a new perspective i have is whats stopping people from using nothing but 300rd flash mags on a m4? at least with a drum mag it makes it cumbersome so there is a trade off.
Old November 7th, 2012, 18:34   #39
CR0M

its almost like using a riot shield... is it a thing? yes, is it fair? hmmm no, whats stopping the other team from using them? nothing but i dread the idea of players in juggernaught armour running around with nothing but machine guns lol
Old November 7th, 2012, 18:49   #40
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

Flashmag is a highcap... dont see how it would be permissible if you follow the no highcap logic. The discussion is focusing more on representationof a weapon designed for a purpose. Were not talking about putting a highcap on a g36 and calling it a mg36
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2012, 19:05   #41
CR0M

i think though that is the focus... nobody cares when you see a xm8 at a game. i think the issue is your getting the best of both worlds and if that poses an unfair advantage.
Old November 7th, 2012, 19:15   #42
Cpt- Lovegrove

as long as its a proper mg36, i have no problem with it
Cpt- Lovegrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2012, 19:36   #43
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelledPants View Post
30rnd = 1lb
60rnd = 2lb
100rnd = 3.25lb

Give a little more for the alluminium construction, it's not back breaking, but it leaves a lot to be desired for under gun to ground clearance for prone.
No, not back breaking, but considering the bitching in regards to weight I hear over airsoft items that aren't their real weights, I can only imagine how airsofters would complain if left to carry real weight items in a fair quantity.
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2012, 20:13   #44
Jaelommiss

I was going to convert my G36 into an MG36, but the lack of realcap C-mags was a deal breaker. If I could find a spring fed (not winding) C-mag, no more than 200 BBs, then I'd have no problem with people using the MG36. Those mags are a nightmare to change and carry, especially while prone.

Seeing a SAW with 1000+ rounds bugs me. Reloading under fire is half the fun to me.
Jaelommiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2012, 20:14   #45
nstahl.19

So I could basically turn my g36c into an lmg, or does it matter what the upper receiver,top rail and stock looks like? I agree that it most definitely has to be a full sized version. Good thread.
nstahl.19 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion