Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

What guns need improvement or don't exist?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old September 1st, 2006, 15:17   #121
Pollock

Quote:
Well airsoft is realistic combat simulation, how often do you see a .22 rifle in combat? Still would be nice, but not the first on the list imo.
Yeah, but it's also fun to have airsoft situtations where you're a bunch of crazy survivalists, or something similar. They love .22s.
Old September 1st, 2006, 15:23   #122
ancorp
AK Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollock
Quote:
Well airsoft is realistic combat simulation, how often do you see a .22 rifle in combat? Still would be nice, but not the first on the list imo.
Yeah, but it's also fun to have airsoft situtations where you're a bunch of crazy survivalists, or something similar. They love .22s.
Might as well use real 10/22s, cheaper, and more effective

Cheers!
Alex
ancorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2006, 10:29   #123
Pollock

Okay.. it's been a week. Where is this magical new gas system we've been promised?
Old September 3rd, 2006, 12:53   #124
ancorp
AK Guru

If this design is in a hobby, off on the side project until production, it will sure as hell take longer than a week!

Cheers,
Alex
Old September 3rd, 2006, 16:08   #125
sukivan

to prove I have been working on it... attached is a 1:1 (down to the millimetre) 3d model of my AK. I can't show you what's inside though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ak1.jpg (67.8 KB, 36 views)
sukivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2006, 16:09   #126
sukivan

oh and the bolt carrier (and bolt) move back all the way with every shot. The 10lb AK47 gets an impulse that accelerates it to 1m/s (in a frictionless environment) with every cycle.
Old September 3rd, 2006, 16:26   #127
Pollock

I wanna see the gas system, damn it! I don't want a 3D AK receiver! I'm curious!
Old September 3rd, 2006, 16:58   #128
sukivan

Quote:
I wanna see the gas system, damn it! I don't want a 3D AK receiver! I'm curious!
I don't want Tokyo Marui or any other airsoft manufacturers "borrowing" the design. They can bring it to mass production far sooner than I can.
Old September 3rd, 2006, 17:25   #129
Pollock

Just patent it or something... I'm sure the ten, maybe one hundred engineers at Marui thought of this system at some point over the last twenty years... I also ask: how are you going to produce this? Sell it to them or something.
Old September 3rd, 2006, 19:00   #130
sukivan

Quote:
Just patent it or something... I'm sure the ten, maybe one hundred engineers at Marui thought of this system at some point over the last twenty years... I also ask: how are you going to produce this? Sell it to them or something.
Old September 3rd, 2006, 19:01   #131
ancorp
AK Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukivan
oh and the bolt carrier (and bolt) move back all the way with every shot. The 10lb AK47 gets an impulse that accelerates it to 1m/s (in a frictionless environment) with every cycle.
Lookin good! I hope that when you say it will move all the way back, you mean it will move almost double the distance of the white bolt part in your image. The bolt moves 2/3 of the lenght of the receiver (all GBBs Ive seen only move 1/3 or less) on real steel. Can you show me by drawing over that render, how far the bolt will move in your system?

I sure hope it doesnt work like the real steel AK, with gas pressure diverted to the piston via the gas tube (not sur ewhat the proper name for it is), it wont be reliable with BBs and a non rifled barrel, not enough pressure unless your bolt and spring are very very light.

Im glad to see that you are willing to follow through with your design, but would be great to see some pics of the internals as soon as possible. I agree, a patent would be a good idea to protect your design, just incase.

Cheers!
Alex
Old September 3rd, 2006, 19:09   #132
ancorp
AK Guru

Hmm.. since you decided to start off with an AK model (thank you!), why not make a proper AKM? No difference in operation, the main external differences are a different stock mount, and a different stock angle, more straight, for less muzzle climb. The front grip has a wider part in the center, more comfortable IMO... The receiver cover is ligher, but is ribbed to keep its strong structure. The bolt is abit different externally, so you can only move it a little with the safety on. The pistol grip is textured plastic instead of wood. And ofcource the slanted muzzle, not very effective, but I love the looks of it. The receiver itself is stampted instead of milled (the very first AK-47s were a combination of stamped and milled, but were later on switched to just milling), and has a different indent over the magazine. (look at pictures of both, over at world.guns.ru).

Either way, keep up the good work!

Cheers,
Alex
Old September 3rd, 2006, 19:29   #133
sukivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancorp
Lookin good! I hope that when you say it will move all the way back, you mean it will move almost double the distance of the white bolt part in your image. The bolt moves 2/3 of the lenght of the receiver (all GBBs Ive seen only move 1/3 or less) on real steel. Can you show me by drawing over that render, how far the bolt will move in your system?
The bolt carrier in my design moves 13cm. Do you know exactly how far the real AK carrier moves? I've searched and searched but to no avail.

Quote:
I sure hope it doesnt work like the real steel AK, with gas pressure diverted to the piston via the gas tube (not sur ewhat the proper name for it is), it wont be reliable with BBs and a non rifled barrel, not enough pressure unless your bolt and spring are very very light.
Of course not (but it is similar).

Quote:
Im glad to see that you are willing to follow through with your design, but would be great to see some pics of the internals as soon as possible. I agree, a patent would be a good idea to protect your design, just incase.
Patents aren't international, and are a pain in the ass to obtain to boot. I'd rather keep the design private until I actually start shipping (which won't be for quite a long time).
Old September 3rd, 2006, 19:31   #134
Pollock

How do you plan to manufacture? It's not gonna be easy.
Old September 3rd, 2006, 19:45   #135
ancorp
AK Guru

Im sure an approximate value can be done using relative measuring. I used this picture: http://www.unidadepopular.org/ak-47.JPG

I measured off my screen approx 27cm length, and approx 4-4.5cm bolt carrier travel. The real steel AK is 87cm long, so the bolt travel is approximately 13-14.5cm, so yours is close enough

These measurements are by no means accurate, if you want to do this right, find someone with an AK, rack the bolt all the way back, and measure the distance!

Cheers,
Alex
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion