Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

What guns need improvement or don't exist?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old August 22nd, 2006, 23:13   #46
Lisa
Looking for form T-whatev

I'm doubting you ever make production, but pretty much everything hudson makes would be so much nicer if a) it didn't feel like shit in your hands and b) performed like shit

If you manage to pull this off, i'll be amazed, otherwise it's just another pipe dream. you can't compete with the cost of third world labour.

build it and they will buy it.
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2006, 23:30   #47
Goldman

Send a message via MSN to Goldman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tenneal
This isn't such bad moderation... A thread like this pops up once every month it seems... 'Which gun would you like to be seen made into airsoft' and every single month it goes by and a slight fraction see the light of day and are made. Or are made so crapilly that no one wants them.

If you can make it; they will come. Just make it first goddamnit!
Well to be fair, after asking for FNCs for 4 years, our prairs were answerd...

My Buy/Sell 1337ness rating
Goldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2006, 02:00   #48
Prowler

Send a message via ICQ to Prowler Send a message via AIM to Prowler
I want to see a full metal airsoft version of the H&K 69 grenade launcher :P

ok, maybe im just dreaming but full metal shotguns would be a close second on my books.
Old August 23rd, 2006, 02:03   #49
sukivan

For shotguns, would you guys prefer to see multiple barrels (with a more stable pattern), or an actual shell+wad+BB's (if the latter, than how many BB's? 4? 8? 12?)
sukivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2006, 02:05   #50
kdogg

I've been waiting for a few years for KSC, Marui, WE, someone to make a FN FiveseveN pistol god damnit all to hell.

I finally broken down and bought a real steel FiveseveN recently. God the ammo's expensive.
kdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2006, 02:06   #51
Prowler

Oh hell yes! FN 5-7 pistol would be on my shopping list for sure.

Having no experience with shotguns, I assume the 3 shot shells work very well, last game I recieved a shot to the face with one at a pretty good distance.

As for the previous discussion about real world firearms versus new designs. No one is going to say no to new designs. If you have an idea for a weapon design that works and looks good, by all means produce it.

Also I am still waiting to see new mechbox designs where they addapt to using a guns bolt system. I mean what if you had to release the bolt to load the first bb into a chamber? Or pull the bolt back when you need to change mags and it expells the bb? Just another wet dream of mine. ops:

Try and imagine a bolt system on an airsoft gun in full auto. Talk about sexy. I have seen this done once on a Sig 552. Will have to search for it.

This produces a problem, more moving parts means more wear and tear. So is airsoft going to have to adapt to using stronger materials in its build?
Old August 23rd, 2006, 02:25   #52
pufnstuf

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukivan
How would you guys feel about airsoft-exclusive guns? That is to say, airsoft guns with no real world equivalent. Assuming their aesthetics, performance, and price were attractive, would you consider them? Or is replicating an actual firearm a overriding priority?
i believe real world equivilants are better. if people want strange guns, they tend to do paintballing. one of the large lures in airsoft is the fact that they are close to real.
pufnstuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2006, 02:25   #53
Fidget11

yeah i really want to see a fiveseven pistol too.... would buy it right away if it was available. i think multipul inner barrels on the shotguns would be best.

Primary: G36K
Secondary: FMU SIG P226
Fidget11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2006, 02:36   #54
attack-beaver

so prowler your basicly saying we take whats been done on systema rifles and use it on other guns?
attack-beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2006, 02:44   #55
Prowler

why not? Of course theres nothing wrong with developing your own systems. I don't recall anyone going up to these companies and asking for their designs? Just a thought but last time i checked this didnt work very well.
Old August 23rd, 2006, 03:49   #56
bobthemonky
C7, C8, C9
Old August 23rd, 2006, 04:11   #57
attack-beaver

prowler i was merely making sure we were on the same page. i like the idea of bolts that really work i mean i would kill to put that on my G3 and using it in M4/M16 would be a nice touch.
attack-beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2006, 04:24   #58
sukivan

so you guys would want functional, moving bolts, correct?
Old August 23rd, 2006, 04:24   #59
sukivan

what kind of stock FPS would you be looking for?
1) for full auto
2) for semi
3) for bolt action

edit: and what about recoil? Would you prefer as little recoil as possible, or higher (more realistic) recoil?
Old August 23rd, 2006, 05:28   #60
Prowler

recoil can be a bit of both worlds, sure it enhances realisn in an aeg, but what is it doing? chances are if theres alot of recoil involved then there is going to be problems in the future. People like their guns realistic and all but the most important thing to an airsofter is how long their guns last and how long untill replacement parts will be needed. The main thing is if you can have a gun with enough recoil that won't damage or wear out your gun in any shape or form, then its all good.

Heres my list based on my preferences...

A strong plastic/full metal rifle that is lightweight that shoots from 360fps-400fps with .20 bbs. An excellent hopup system. No upgrades needed. Able to fit large type batteries or over 1400mah for 9.6 or 8.4v. Has safe, semi, 3 round burst, full auto.

If an aeg can last longer then 3-4 years with little to no upgrading then its a great start.

Another thing is people want their guns loud, yet when you attach a suppressor, it actually becomes effective in noise reduction. but thats just day dreaming. :P

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion