Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

PJ inspiration

:

Gear Discussion

Old March 2nd, 2012, 01:13   #16
Conker

Dude, not to be rude or anything, but if you're going to suggest him to get Tru Spec or replace critical stuff with other shit... maybe you didn't get the concept of recreating the look... Replica Crye, OK, for someone on a budget. But NOT TRU or Propper or whatever shit like that. They are not even close to have the same cut...

You're perfectly right on the Specter though.

@Bravo_Echo_November: . Les pants Crye sont une partie essentielle du kit. Tu peux prendre les copies, mais Ã* mon avis, les uniformes sont probablement LA pièce de gear que tu devrais investir pour en acheter un vrai (si t'as le budget). Les autres marques dont le gars parle n'y ressemble même pas...

Last edited by Conker; March 2nd, 2012 at 01:16..
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2012, 01:17   #17
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

True enough, I myself haven't had any first hand with the Tru-spec my recommendation was purely based up friends who paintball weekly and found it affordable and acceptably wear resistant. I currently wear the Propper Stuff and my only complaint is it's thick. If he wants to shell out the cash for real Crye all the power to him, I'm planning to do the same once this Propper wears out. As for the helmet, is there something wrong with Haungs repro? I do own 2 real helmets a Ops Core Base Jump and a CG634 but I would never expect a new player to shell out the cash for one when quality replicas can be had.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2012, 01:23   #18
Conker

Well if that's to be an impression, the objective is too look alike, correct?

So, the Tru-Spec you're suggesting:

And the Crye he needs to get:

Do I really need to say more? Of course, someone on a budget can get the 100$ Allwin replica, but definitely not the Truspec, they're not even close.
Old March 2nd, 2012, 01:28   #19
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

Put Crye MC up the Allwin replica looks different aswell. And Those crye pants have been known to have problems with those knee pads (suctioning off in mud). He'd be better off with Alta ones. I know the objective is too look alike but not all would have the latest gucci crye many might tote MC pants sans the built in kneepads and have more traditional styled kneepad. I agree that the cheaper Tru-Spec might not be the greatest option. But options like Propper is quality gear and that's what matters to a soldier, quality not the nametag.
Old March 2nd, 2012, 01:30   #20
Conker

Humm, no. This is just plain wrong unless you go back to the very early times of MC being fielded and in which case it was Arc'Teryx kneepads.

The Crye is what is issued, and what has been issued for a couple years, so yes this is what they would have. Please do some research before talking about impression and reenactement.

Last edited by Conker; March 2nd, 2012 at 01:32..
Old March 2nd, 2012, 08:59   #21
Acid_Snake

Send a message via MSN to Acid_Snake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt Caliber View Post
Put Crye MC up the Allwin replica looks different aswell.
He isn't talking about the difference in the pattern because, of course, it isn't real licensed multicam. Conker is refering to the 'cut' of the pants. Tru-spec and Propper do not make pants in the same cut as Crye precision (ie: what is issued to and fielded by troops). Whereas the replicas try to duplicate the cut.

Conker is trying to relate to you that when doing a proper impression of a unit you cannot simply buy any item in the same pattern and say its close enough. Also a quick google search will reveal US troops wear the Crye precision multicam BDU and no other.
Acid_Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2012, 09:32   #22
MultipleParadox

@OP - J'ai pas lu ton thread encore mais:

http://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=127240

GBBR- bang bang -- Giggle

AEG-- merrrzip merrzip -- meh
MultipleParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2012, 01:06   #23
Bravo_Echo_November

@ conquer Non, pour l'uniforme, c sur que je veux m'acheter du real stock...pour moi, messmble que c le plus important...jsuis prêt Ã* mettre entre 1000 et 1500$ pour le kit. Penses-tu que sa peut donner de koi de pas pire? Et pour répondre Ã* ton ancien post, oui je suis prêt Ã* mettre du temps sur mon kit, Ã* le faire comme il faut et Ã* chercher en masse pour avoir des bon prix...Ã* part Ebay, as tu d'autres bon site pour acheter du gear?
Bravo_Echo_November is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2012, 01:12   #24
Bravo_Echo_November

@MultipleParadox
Je serais vrm interresser Ã* joindre votre équipe! Par contre, je n'ai même pas encore de kit, mais je veux le complèter pour la saison 2012. Et aussi, je suis vraiment une recrue, dans le sens que je n'ai jamais fait partie d'une équipe et que je veux commencer Ã* faire du airsoft plus sérieusement. J'en ai déjÃ* fait avec des amis, mais c'était il y a longtemps et ce n'était vrm ps sérieux. En sachant cela, je ne sais donc pas si c possible pour moi d'entrer dans votre équipe. Donne moi en des nouvelles...
Bravo_Echo_November is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2012, 01:39   #25
Conker

Parfaitement d'accord, côté gear (sans compter lunettes/souliers), l'uniforme est ce qui est le plus important!

1500$ incluant le gun ou pas? Mais ouais avec ça tu peux avoir un pas pire de beau setup avec une majorité de vrai gear.

Le reste je le réponds Ã* ton PM
Old March 5th, 2012, 03:10   #26
bruce
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to bruce Send a message via MSN to bruce
PJs do not use Crye stuff exclusively. There are pics of them wearing Arc'teryx LEAF patterned which looks more like the Propper/Tru-spec pants.

Old March 5th, 2012, 11:30   #27
Dingo
aka GhillieSnipes

Those arent TRU pants. Theyre Arc'teryx. Look at the knee.
Dingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2012, 11:44   #28
Conker

@Bruce:

Granted.

I had never seen this. That being said, there's a lot of weird stuff going on in that photo, from the pants, shirt, TCI PTT, 552, lack of BA and optics on the right guy...

You are absolutely right that they have some Arc'Teryx stuff issued. It varies from squadron to squadron, but I remember seeing the Alpha many times. These pants and combat shirt... first time I've seen them. Thanks for sharing
Old March 5th, 2012, 11:55   #29
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

The guy on the right the one with the UCP? Just looks like an ACOG as issued to army. Probably guys the PJ's just rescued or something.

Yea it does look weird, cause even in a jungle/forest environment these would normally where BA often not going far from the helicopter. The guy looks older and smaller though. Could be he's old school and feels the armor slows him down too much, but that theory seems weak at best.

Last edited by Curo; March 5th, 2012 at 11:58..
Old March 5th, 2012, 12:12   #30
GSK88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt Caliber View Post
The guy on the right the one with the UCP? Just looks like an ACOG as issued to army. Probably guys the PJ's just rescued or something.

Yea it does look weird, cause even in a jungle/forest environment these would normally where BA often not going far from the helicopter. The guy looks older and smaller though. Could be he's old school and feels the armor slows him down too much, but that theory seems weak at best.
Conker is talking about the PJ on the left with the 552.

Looks to me like the guy they "rescued" is lying down behind them both. Where the 3rd guy is kneeling over.
GSK88 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion