Accessories Discussion

Old March 13th, 2012, 07:31   #16
Blackthorne
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Blackthorne
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelledPants View Post
Wear less gear.

I know guys who have played a long time, and constantly have fogging issues, they have known working anti-fog, good goggles, and fans. But they wear an armor carrier, a softshell, a wool beenie, and thermal underwear. They are warm when they play (even when they stand still) but they overheat, and the only exposed skin is on their face.

Their face gets red, they sweat from their head, and their goggles instantly fog.

The trick is to wear less shit.
This.

Every situation is different, but the "rule of thumb" is if you are doing run and gun (not patrolling or some other operation that isn't skirmishing) you should be cold if you stand still for about 5-10 minutes.

If you are warm standing still you will overheat when you get moving.
Old March 13th, 2012, 07:36   #17
cetane

200 lumin is plenty bright for dark Airsoft at splatters. My little Streamlight would easily shine end to end there. Strobe function is good too.
cetane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2012, 08:09   #18
-tastic
-TitSwagZ

Send a message via ICQ to -tastic Send a message via AIM to -tastic Send a message via MSN to -tastic Send a message via Yahoo to -tastic Send a message via Skype™ to -tastic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozzie View Post
Good old titswags, your posts always make me laugh.
meh, my lack of knowledge and stupidity always screws me over. but yeah cant appreciate it enough, i would have showed up at splatters with a 3800 if it wasnt for you guys :THUMBSUP:x99999

tygr701: MUNEYY PREASE
-tastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2012, 08:33   #19
MaciekA

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TitSwagZ View Post
meh, my lack of knowledge and stupidity always screws me over. but yeah cant appreciate it enough, i would have showed up at splatters with a 3800 if it wasnt for you guys :THUMBSUP:x99999
Your real problem is that you are probably buying junk ACM goggles with cheesy little fans and such... None of that crap works.

If the double pane lenses in these goggles don't solve your fogging issues, you have permission to come lay a burst of BBs at me, firing squad style, next time you see me at a game:

http://www.badlandspaintball.com/JT-...ive_p_321.html

These things completely solved all of my fogging issues, and I played every single weekend through the heatwave last summer when we had >30C games every sat/sun. The JTs performed as if it was no big deal. And yes, you can easily take off the mask/shade/etc or put it back on any time you want.

If you're SUPER paranoid you can also add this to this setup, but it turned out I never needed it:

http://www.badlandspaintball.com/JT-...Fan_p_345.html

Everyone on my team has a pair of the JTs as a backup to when our ESS Advancers / Revision Exoshields / etc start fogging.

As for the lighting at Splatters... My #1 advice to you is to stop playing at Splatters and go to real airsoft games. Splatters has a wonderful staff and many of the airsofters that go there are great people, but the venue is disgusting and will eventually drive you away from airsoft if you continue to only play there.

You're AV'd ... you can play anywhere and will have much more fun.

Now you know

MaciekA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2012, 08:37   #20
MaciekA

Quote:
By the way, I should mention that at my one and only game experience at Splatters, the hosting team (who was also the opposing team) employed what was one of the most blinding flash lights I've ever seen. They lit up our entire half of the field with this thing and let the BBs fly. The light was in strobe mode so it was even worse..

Now you know

Old March 13th, 2012, 20:03   #21
-tastic
-TitSwagZ

Send a message via ICQ to -tastic Send a message via AIM to -tastic Send a message via MSN to -tastic Send a message via Yahoo to -tastic Send a message via Skype™ to -tastic
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaciekA View Post
You're AV'd ... you can play anywhere and will have much more fun.
yeah i know what you are saying, but since i dont have a car and i live in downtown im having trouble finding someone to car pool with

tygr701: MUNEYY PREASE
-tastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2012, 20:31   #22
MaciekA

Quote:
yeah i know what you are saying, but since i dont have a car and i live in downtown im having trouble finding someone to car pool with
ditto and ditto yet somehow I make it work...

Consider scrounging up some cash to fill a friend's gastank... Or perhaps joining a team that is based out of downtown. Lots of options here, the community is always growing.

Now you know

Old March 13th, 2012, 20:58   #23
leblanc74

Send a message via MSN to leblanc74
Quote:
Since i play at splatters every weekend and i seriously hate the lighting there
so im just wondering will the XTAR R01 CREE R5 5-mode 800lumens be an over kill?
or should i just get the 400lumens one.

What is up with you signature....
leblanc74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2012, 09:51   #24
badb0i

It doesnt look like the XTAR comes with a pressure switch which is something you might want if you plan on mounting it on your gun. I picked up a Solarforce L2T with a XM-L Led - 5 Mode for 34$ and got the pressure switch with rail mount for another 15$. The L2T has quite a following with DIY Flashlight guys as you can replace/modify lenses / bezels / dropin modules etc.

badb0i is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion