Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Aftermath Broxa

:

Newbie Tank

Old January 25th, 2010, 01:49   #31
nidan

Don't worry Ghost Shadow, as you can see, he disregards T7's post that this is where new people should be able to ask questions without the crap. Just check out his byline under his name and be content with that bit of truth.
No question is a stupid question, unasked questions are stupid. But, you'll definitely research abit more specifically after this eh?
Be responsible, think about the good name of the sport and you will be light years ahead of some. Welcome.

BTW, I have and still use my Aftermath Kraken sometimes and it still kicks serious butt. You can do a lot worse than an Aftermath.

Last edited by nidan; January 25th, 2010 at 02:40..
nidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2010, 11:09   #32
Ghost Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidan View Post
Don't worry Ghost Shadow, as you can see, he disregards T7's post that this is where new people should be able to ask questions without the crap. Just check out his byline under his name and be content with that bit of truth.
No question is a stupid question, unasked questions are stupid. But, you'll definitely research abit more specifically after this eh?
Be responsible, think about the good name of the sport and you will be light years ahead of some. Welcome.

BTW, I have and still use my Aftermath Kraken sometimes and it still kicks serious butt. You can do a lot worse than an Aftermath.
Thanks, and hell ya, I don't think I'll be asking in here again for a while... I'll just content myself with hours of research on the boards.

Ya, I'll do my best for the good name of Airsofting.

Also thanks to MoreToasties for answering my origonal question.
Ghost Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2010, 12:40   #33
TechSeller

Quote:

Well stated. This is the kind of reply new players can actually benefit from.

Cheers!

North Trail Sports - Mora, Motorola, Puxing, Fogtech & More! / Our ASC Retail Thread
TechSeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2010, 13:32   #34
MoreToasties
Art affectionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Shadow View Post
Thanks, and hell ya, I don't think I'll be asking in here again for a while... I'll just content myself with hours of research on the boards.

Ya, I'll do my best for the good name of Airsofting.

Also thanks to MoreToasties for answering my origonal question.
No problem.

If you're determined to get an Aftermath, get a Kraken. It's shit, but upgradeable. The Broxa is not.

However, once you've upgraded a Kraken to be game-able, you will have spend the same amount a good AEG would have cost you in the first place.

And dude, if you have any more questions, don't be afraid to ask...just search first, and keep the attitude in check.

I'm Ethan by the way, PM me if you want to ask a question a little more subtlety =P

MoreToasties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2010, 19:57   #35
kalnaren

Seriously though, if you can afford better than aftermath, get better.

In airsoft "buy cheap buy twice" applies abundantly.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2010, 20:34   #36
SuperCriollo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Seriously though, if you can afford better than aftermath, get better.

In airsoft "buy cheap buy twice" applies abundantly.
and that gun feels like a fuc***n toy, its so light, with Cricks and Cracks everywhere, I would get a G&G any day over that one.

SuperCriollo
SuperCriollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2010, 20:56   #37
nidan

Based on the anti-Aftermath sentiment, I must have gotten lucky with mine. Every other gun around me breaking down (including G&G) and only one jam in 2 seasons of play with mine.
I am routinely sent out to flush out other long shooting aeg's since I have great distance on my "as is out of the box", and great accuracy too!
But if more money always means better, then there you go.

Cheers!

Biased Kraken Owner
Old January 25th, 2010, 21:27   #38
kalnaren

Quote:
Based on the anti-Aftermath sentiment, I must have gotten lucky with mine. Every other gun around me breaking down (including G&G) and only one jam in 2 seasons of play with mine.
I am routinely sent out to flush out other long shooting aeg's since I have great distance on my "as is out of the box", and great accuracy too!
But if more money always means better, then there you go.

Cheers!

Biased Kraken Owner
Some run for 20,000+ rounds without issue. Some break after < 500. The failure rate seems to be around 50%. If one has the time and ability to fix anything that breaks on it, hey, go ahead. New players often don't though which is why I don't recommend them.

IMO, once gun docs say "I refuse to work on <x> brand of gun" that's enough to make me not want it.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2010, 21:31   #39
MoreToasties
Art affectionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Some run for 20,000+ rounds without issue. Some break after < 500. The failure rate seems to be around 50%.
That, for me, is extremely telling.

I won't buy one (Or an XBox) for that reason alone.

MoreToasties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2010, 21:31   #40
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

krakens are decent, but the other aftermath guns are fucking garbage
Old January 26th, 2010, 04:59   #41
Con Murder

Thinking about getting an mp5 to rent out and so I have been wondering if I should go broxa or not?
The focus is that my teammate had me help finance a G&G mp5 and the rental will get his old hi-caps. We all upgraded to outdoor fps and performance, although I know fps is not equal to range and accuracy the renter is new.
Bottom line being that I need a durable item with high fps to help new player X to feel comfortable and competative. Does this mean I cannot rent out broxa for $20? Does this mean I finally need to meet the elusive man from brooks and get AV'd?

PS we play in a coulee with cows and a crick, its goona get dirty!

Last edited by Con Murder; January 26th, 2010 at 05:00.. Reason: space bar is not a friend of mine at 3 am
Con Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 14:21   #42
SuperCriollo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con Murder View Post
Thinking about getting an mp5 to rent out and so I have been wondering if I should go broxa or not?
The focus is that my teammate had me help finance a G&G mp5 and the rental will get his old hi-caps. We all upgraded to outdoor fps and performance, although I know fps is not equal to range and accuracy the renter is new.
Bottom line being that I need a durable item with high fps to help new player X to feel comfortable and competative. Does this mean I cannot rent out broxa for $20? Does this mean I finally need to meet the elusive man from brooks and get AV'd?

PS we play in a coulee with cows and a crick, its goona get dirty!
Make sure cows use eye protection lol

SuperCriollo
SuperCriollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 14:28   #43
shiftsup

I have an Aftermath Kraken and it was fine
for the very few games it was used.

It felt like a toy though and now collects dust.

I have seen some players gaming with Broxa's.
I have also seen these same players in the
safe area taking a looksie at what's wrong with the Broxa
more often than other players using other guns.

Anyways, it's not my problem. Enjoy your overpriced shaving acessories.
shiftsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 21:35   #44
nidan

Despite having great luck with my Kraken, I must say that I am currently waiting for my new (to me) ICS M4A1 and if Canada Post would quit dickin' around.......

Hey Shiftsup, how do you mean your Kraken felt like a toy? Weight? or...? I thought it has pretty good heft to it but not sure just how heavy it should feel.
Old January 26th, 2010, 22:36   #45
Aegiis
Sgt. Pitbull

Quote:
Despite having great luck with my Kraken, I must say that I am currently waiting for my new (to me) ICS M4A1 and if Canada Post would quit dickin' around.......

Hey Shiftsup, how do you mean your Kraken felt like a toy? Weight? or...? I thought it has pretty good heft to it but not sure just how heavy it should feel.
Get your hands on a full metal one, Cyma, for example, and you'll know what he means.

www.anvairsoft.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kull View Post
Aegiis ?* raison
Aegiis is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank