Aftermath Broxa

:

Newbie Tank

Old January 24th, 2010, 21:13   #16
MoreToasties
Art affectionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Shadow View Post

And lastly, do you guys even care about introducing new people to the game? You couldn't just be polite and point out kindly new peoples mistakes. Instead you act like immature children. All you are going to do is scare idiots with no potential to be responsible if they cannot fathom why it is not advised to play with replica guns in public away. If you would go and read the description for this section on the forums you will notice that it specifically states not to flame newbies.
FIXED.

MoreToasties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2010, 21:39   #17
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Lol yes the section is for newbies not noobs, you are the latter. So you are fair game for people to ridicule

common snse would tell you that it is a bad idea to play with a replica firearm in public, Darwinism will correct it (hopefully) however we don't want ngative publicity for our sport there we do not encourage people to fuck around in public with airsoft.

Again, how old are you, your level of common sense tells me that you are not 18, trying to get a gun without av outside of the av area is an infactible offense, so who's breaking the rules now?

Go back and try some research, you think you are the first nub toask if it's ok to play in backyard airsoft, the people of this board are tired of such questions which is why you are getting the responses that you did, youre not special lol
Old January 24th, 2010, 22:05   #18
sarosh

and its not that were trying to scare people away from the sport. but it has been made clear that airsoft is a sport for 18+ for obvious reasons.
sarosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2010, 22:08   #19
Ghost Shadow

I understand why its not OK, I understood after someone pointed out to me that its illegal. I didn't realize that airsoft guns were under that law. I didn't realise the ones you can get outside of ASC were considered replica firearms considering they only look like firearms in shape. Again sorry for just not being savvy on all of these laws and regulations.

What I didn't like is after it was pointed out people continued to put in their 2 cents in a rude degrading way. I understand that people are tired of answering the same question. I should of thought to myself that it would have been asked a billion times already and just looked it up myself.

How is it illegal for me to purchase this gun when I can get it at the Bass Pro Shop only an hour away? Or would I have to be 18 to get it there also? (Please don't start flaming me again, I honestly don't know) I don't see how its breaking the rules when I can buy it in public.
Ghost Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2010, 22:16   #20
sarosh

yes you have to be 18 to buy it even in the store. And were just saying it is also wrong to use these guns improperly and for the wrong reasons.
sarosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2010, 22:17   #21
MoreToasties
Art affectionado

Quote:
I understand why its not OK, I understood after someone pointed out to me that its illegal. I didn't realize that airsoft guns were under that law. I didn't realise the ones you can get outside of ASC were considered replica firearms considering they only look like firearms in shape. Again sorry for just not being savvy on all of these laws and regulations.

What I didn't like is after it was pointed out people continued to put in their 2 cents in a rude degrading way. I understand that people are tired of answering the same question. I should of thought to myself that it would have been asked a billion times already and just looked it up myself.

How is it illegal for me to purchase this gun when I can get it at the Bass Pro Shop only an hour away? Or would I have to be 18 to get it there also? (Please don't start flaming me again, I honestly don't know) I don't see how its breaking the rules when I can buy it in public.
You can buy it but not use it in public.

You have to be 18 to buy it. They will ID you.

Old January 24th, 2010, 22:19   #22
Strelok

You'll just need to learn to understand that we come off as 'harsh' because we often have to drill this information into peoples heads.

We deal with a lot of people that just simply don't want to register the fact that the rules aren't tailored to their own ideals and they often get really, really pissy about it. Its just habit for us at this point.

Once you get age verified. You'll have to take a gander through the 'Trash' of this forum, you'll seriously choke on the attitude of some of the people we have to deal with on a near weekly basis.

So by no means are we flaming you, our best interest is to educate you of our standards on this forum and the laws that apply to us.

Last edited by Strelok; January 24th, 2010 at 22:22..
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2010, 22:43   #23
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw

Location: Mississauga, ON -- The Brotherhood Of Eternal Sleep
Quote:
And lastly, do you guys even care about introducing new people to the game? You couldn't just be polite and point out kindly new peoples mistakes. Instead you act like immature children. All you are going to do is scare new people away. If you would go and read the description for this section on the forums you will notice that it specifically states not to flame newbies.
If you read further you will also find that its not a replacement to refusing to do ones own research which you obviously have not done. Could people have reacted better? Yeah. But you should understand that with how touchy a subject airsoft is with legalities we take every precaution to ensure our image stays away from the limelight for the most part. We are as harsh as we are just so you will remember. I don't see how someone can be so sensitive and butthurt over some pixels on a screen.

Do yourself a favour and educate yourself on the laws surrounding airsoft. There are stickies plastered all over the forums for more than just decoration, their there for you to read and understand so you don't have to make threads like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
This is the equivalent to knocking on deaths door and blowing his head off with a shotgun.
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2010, 22:55   #24
Griffen
a.k.a {BDS} Veritas

Send a message via MSN to Griffen
If somehow you manage to get your hands on a gun...god forbid being underage. Please...please get some proper eye protection for you and your buddy's. If you wish to play with the bigger kids when you turn 18 you will need your eyes. Welcome to the forums kid. Its a harsh world but play your cards right and you will learn some valuable info.

Elite Force - Front Line Resolution - What's In Your Mag?
Griffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2010, 23:03   #25
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
Lol yes the section is for newbies not noobs, you are the latter. So you are fair game for people to ridicule
Incorrect, this is a ridicule free zone.

Quote:

Unfortunately this is how things usually go on the internet. Regardless of what you request, there will always be some jack ass with his 2 cents.

I believe this thread has served its purpose.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2010, 23:12   #26
Ghost Shadow

Thanks for the welcome, as nasty as it was. And yes we do where eye protection. Wouldn't play without it. I at least realize how dangerous it is to play without that.

Actually if you look at the top. I didn't make a forum for this. it just happened to get to this point.

Ya, your right, I understand why its as touchy as it is. After I posted the question that lead to this whole thing I kind of thought to myself that it would have something to do with the law and with keeping the reputation of Airsoft under a good light to the government.

And thanks for the straight up answer on the Bass Pro Shop question. I look forward to being 18 and actually being able to get into the sport with my own equipment. Rentals will have to do for now. (I am in an area where I can get into games at age 16, just have to rent guns)

I did educate my self somewhat but obviously not enough. I'll so some more looking in that area.

Is anyone going to answer my original question? Or not? would be nice to know if I come across this sort of situation again. (refer to first post)
Old January 24th, 2010, 23:22   #27
Ghost Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
lol, I just re-looked and in the description and it actually specifically states noobs.

sorry, not trying to start anything again, just noticed it and thought it was kind of funny... well mostly to me since its me your referring to.
Old January 24th, 2010, 23:23   #28
MoreToasties
Art affectionado

There is no difference.

Bass pro gets them cheaper because they buy in bulk.

However, if you have $40, spend that a make a good reputation with a local airsoft dealer. ONCE YOU'RE 18! =P

Then again, in the next few years, hopefully you'll do you research and discover that you're wasting your money buying an Aftermath.

Toodles.

Old January 24th, 2010, 23:24   #29
Griffen
a.k.a {BDS} Veritas

Send a message via MSN to Griffen
I have that same gun. The broxa was originally from another ASC member that owned it for more then 2 years. It has been rented and loaned all over town. It has some upgrade but still remains firing like a champ after all this time and abuse. I would not recommend it if you can afford a better one but same as the Kraken it seams to last the test of time. Once you become of age the doors will really open up to you. I would suggest testing out rentals and finding the style that suits you. Work on getting top quality gear because that is what is most important and most expensive. I started out with a MP5 SD5 only to change to a M16 less then a year later. How old are you and what field do you play on? Maybe other member of ASC would let you rent from them at your next game so you could try a different style...if you have consent from your folks that is. Good luck dude!!!

Elite Force - Front Line Resolution - What's In Your Mag?

Last edited by Griffen; January 24th, 2010 at 23:49..
Griffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2010, 23:39   #30
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Quote:
lol, I just re-looked and in the description and it actually specifically states noobs.

sorry, not trying to start anything again, just noticed it and thought it was kind of funny... well mostly to me since its me your referring to.
A newbie is someone that is new to something and is just starting out and needs a helping hand.

A noob is someone that is too lazy to do their own research and has not clue about anything and lacks the most basic of common sense.

Guess that makes you a noob now don't it, and an underaged one at that.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank