Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

STAR G36C Pros & Cons?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old November 10th, 2008, 05:11   #1
Dusti69

Send a message via Yahoo to Dusti69
STAR G36C Pros & Cons?

ok so as you all know star aegs prices have drastically dropped with everything going on with ares making star aegs as affordable as any clone brand out there. why buy a clone version when you can get a star cheap now?

so i want to get a g36c for christmas
the price of the star g36 on ehobby says to me to buy it over the jg version. but recently ive been hearing bad things about star aegs like their bodies are crappy and their gearboxes will need work and it seems like more people have tm's, ca's and jg's when it comes to g36's which leaves me a little confused as to stars true quality. are these people idiots or maybe just got lemons?

ive always thought stars were excellent quality so is this stuff i been hearing a load of crap or is there truth to it? would i be better off with the star or the jg?
dont let the elitist gun snobs who only clicked on your post to thread shit tell you other wise (they are OHHHH so helpful here- they wont offer you any help but will be self rightous pricks cause they are CLEARLY 'pros' who overpaid for their guns roflmao)
Dusti69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2008, 13:55   #2
skalnok

ive always heard amazing things about star bodies, and their split gearboxes.
skalnok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2008, 13:57   #3
The Saint

I don't think STAR's G36 use a split mechbox, but rather a removable spring guide.
Old November 10th, 2008, 14:18   #4
Donster

i dont think star is all that impressive. at least from what i have seen from their M249 series. IMHO, i have used and owned for awhile a CA G36K and it was amazing in terms of feel. i loved the gun, but i sold it to buy some M14 upgrades (which i still need more of)
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2008, 16:22   #5
SHÖCK
aka SNK or Shaniqua

KWA makes the best G36 due to the 9mm ball bearing bushings for unbeatable rate f fire and they are LIPO ready.

Either Star or SRC (Star Rainbow Corporation) [are they the same???] make the G36 with the removable spring guide which is a godsend for upgrading and changing springs. Changing the spring and closing a V3 gearbox on regular G36, AK, AUG, etc. can be a real nightmare otherwise for the inexperienced. Star G36 is still plasticky though.

CA has the best G36 bodies, being made of nylon fibre material and not plasticky ABS.
Old November 10th, 2008, 17:51   #6
Dusti69

so with all that which would you guys reccomend? the star or the jg? im really more interested in the performance and reliability of the internals
does either come with metal bushings?
dont let the elitist gun snobs who only clicked on your post to thread shit tell you other wise (they are OHHHH so helpful here- they wont offer you any help but will be self rightous pricks cause they are CLEARLY 'pros' who overpaid for their guns roflmao)
Old November 10th, 2008, 17:52   #7
The Saint

If you need to change springs on a regular basis, STAR. If not, CA.
Old November 10th, 2008, 17:56   #8
Dusti69

the other brands are out of our price range and im getting a different carry handle and an extra mag with it and maybe a large battery handguard.
i didnt think about this but i suppose i could always ask for the jg and then stick my ca g36 gearbox in it

this removable spring guide feature is interesting though
Old November 10th, 2008, 17:58   #9
Conscript
AKaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusti69 View Post
i didnt think about this but i suppose i could always ask for the jg and then stick my ca g36 gearbox in it
Enough of your JG bullshit please. We are talking about STAR, how the fuck did it transform from one thing to another.

Please explain.
Conscript is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2008, 17:59   #10
The Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusti69 View Post
That makes no sense at all. The JG mechbox is not worth replacing with a CA mechbox. You buy a CA36 because it's externally the best.

A JG36 is like a TM36 or a KWA36, uninspiring ABS plastic body. If you don't care about that, go for it.
Old November 10th, 2008, 18:01   #11
Dusti69

if you would have properly read my first post you would have noticed that ive heard a lot of bad things about star aegs lately. which is why i asked about their quality in the first place.

im a little confused by things. see im not interested in the quality of the plastic as im probly going to be replacing them with dif g36 variant parts. i care way more about the internals and thats what i want to know. how good are the star internals? i was hearing things like the fps would be weak and lots of upgrades and work would be needed to make it decent. i thought maybe these guys were full of shit

Last edited by Dusti69; November 10th, 2008 at 18:03..
Old November 10th, 2008, 18:01   #12
Bob the Angry Potato
*AV Status Suspended pending trade resolution*

Send a message via MSN to Bob the Angry Potato
STAR and JG G36es?
Apples and oranges. If you're complaining about bad things you hear about the STAR- well, I've heard (and seen) FAR worse things with the JG.

We all know how this is going to evolve, you're gonna ditch everything and get the JG anyways, throw some gross aftermarket parts on with the handful of dollars you save, then post multiple threads about how 'awersum' it is.
Old November 10th, 2008, 18:03   #13
Conscript
AKaholic

Dusti, instead of posting here and getting your post count higher, you could have EASILY searched google for the oodles of reviews of the STAR G36, you need to stop getting spoonfed and start to learn to fetch your own damn spoon.
Conscript is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2008, 18:08   #14
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter

Real Airsoft Brand > JG

It's as easy as that.
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2008, 18:12   #15
Dusti69

yea thats what i figured. theres no real need for flaming. i simply wanted to know what advantages the star internals had over jg's after hearing all the crap i did.

so im asking for the star. does it come with metal bushings? if not i need to ask for a set of those to go with it
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion