Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

CA M15 problem

:

Doctor's Corner

Old October 11th, 2008, 20:31   #1
Kuro_Neko

Send a message via ICQ to Kuro_Neko Send a message via AIM to Kuro_Neko Send a message via MSN to Kuro_Neko Send a message via Yahoo to Kuro_Neko
CA M15 problem

Just at the end of my game today my gun froze up. I pull the trigger and I get a click, like the internals are trying to move but can only go a couple of millimeters. Happens on both semi and full auto. Battery has plenty of charge.

My gun is thus:

Classic Army M15A4 Tactical Carbine

* Deep Fire Piston (Full teeth)
* Systema Metal bushing and Shim Set
* Systema Teflon Cylinder Set
* Systema Spring Guide with Bearing
* Guarder SP120
* Sanyo 8.4V 3300mah Battery (NiMH) - Large Type

I am completely mechanically inapt so hopefully this is a really easy fix else I'll have to ship it off to a gun doc. Any help or advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated. If there are any other details needed to diagnose this problem that I didn't include please post in here and ask. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Kuro_Neko
Kuro_Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2008, 20:46   #2
Crunchmeister

First, I would suggest to slightly lower the motor using the motor height adjustment on the grip plate (the screw in the centre). If the motor is wedged too tightly into the mechbox, you can get issues. Loosen it just a bit to see if that helps.

If that doesn't help, then chances are you need a gun doc if you're not comfortable opening up your mechbox.
Old October 11th, 2008, 20:49   #3
Skladfin

something is jamming for sure, its not an electrical problem.

I'd suggest what crunch has suggested, but seeing how you gamed it beforehand and it was working, I doubt motor is the problem.
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2008, 20:50   #4
Crunchmeister

I'm with Skladfin here. I'm more apt to think it's something inside the mechbox, if it stopped working after being used for a while. But that's a place to start and the easiest to fix if it is the problem. More than likely it's a mechanical issue that will require mechbox surgery to solve.

Last edited by Crunchmeister; November 3rd, 2008 at 10:06..
Crunchmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2008, 21:02   #5
Muffin

+1 to all that. In my experience motor hieght can wiggle around over time, causing issues like that.
The last time this exact problem happened to me, my spur gear was missing teeth jamming it with enough tension to split the gearbox.
Hopefully its not that serious in your case.
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2008, 21:21   #6
Kuro_Neko

Send a message via ICQ to Kuro_Neko Send a message via AIM to Kuro_Neko Send a message via MSN to Kuro_Neko Send a message via Yahoo to Kuro_Neko
That did it guys, thanks alot! Unfortunately there was a round in the chamber and I wasn't watching where I was aiming it when I was test firing it. Put a nice hole in the gyprock. I'm moving out in a couple of weeks so hopefully the landlord doesn't notice till I'm gone.

Thanks again for the help guys.

Kuro_Neko
Old October 26th, 2008, 07:41   #7
Kuro_Neko

Ok I thought lowering the motor had did it but I got it out this morning to test some new mags I got and while it's not clicking like it did before, it went through a 3300mah battery in less then 13 mags. And the wires to the battery and the grip where the motor is got really hot. Any other simple suggestions? If not can someone recomend a gun doc that's good with ca armalites, preferably one that's near the east coast?

Thanks in advance,
Kuro_Neko
Old October 26th, 2008, 11:21   #8
Skladfin

if the wires got really hot, that means that the motor is set too high.

Seems like your motor moves by itself and jams itself up eventually on a chronic cases. If the problem persists see your local gun doc.

but in any case, just lower your motor again
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2008, 12:24   #9
Kuro_Neko

I lowered the motor right to the bottom and raised it by half turns till it engaged the gears, 8 real cap mags later I got a dead 3300mah battery and hot wires and grip. I kept an eye on the screw too, it didn't move on it's own. There doesn't seem to be any change in the fps or fire rate, the gun doesn't sound any different. It doesn't even slow down when the battery runs down, it fires fine then it doesn't, it just goes click like the gears are moving like a millimeter but don't have the juice to go any further.

Skladfin I see by your sig that you're a gundoc for hire. You seem to know what you're talking about so I might hire you. But the shipping is going to be murder, us being on opposite sides of the country. You wouldn't happen to know anyone that's good with armalites here on the east coast would you?

Thanks,
Kuro_Neko

Last edited by Kuro_Neko; October 30th, 2008 at 12:56..
Old October 30th, 2008, 14:06   #10
Harbinger of Darkness

Send a message via MSN to Harbinger of Darkness Send a message via Skype™ to Harbinger of Darkness
I had a similar issue a while back. Tore down my entire mech box only to find out that my battery had bit the dust. Have you tried using a different battery in your gun?
Old November 3rd, 2008, 09:39   #11
Kuro_Neko

I borrowed a battery off a buddy and you were right that was the problem. I put 600 rounds through it full auto and the wires and grip barely got warm, not anywhere near the hot they were getting after only 250 rounds on the old battery. Thanks alot.

Kuro_Neko
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner