Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

DOA 416

:

Doctor's Corner

Old March 12th, 2008, 12:52   #1
Danke

DOA 416

I had a used VFC 416 turn up in the mail last week. It has a G&P Crane stock with the battery wired to the rear.

The battery appeared to be dead, and being in a very small town I had to send across the country for Deans connectors to wire it to the charger.

That battery appears to be charged now, but when it is connected there is nothing, no click, no whirr, not a thing. It shows live on a tester and when hooked up to another gizmo that runs on 9V it provides power.

I have more Deans on the way, so I can wire another battery up and in the meantime I don't want to start yanking stuff apart till I know what's gone on. The seller is sure that it was running when he shipped it, and he is talking to me about this.

Motor spins when removed and the mechbox came out with a minimum of BFI. No swarf or obvious chunks of metal raining down. It's off in the mail now as that's as much trial and error I want to apply to this issue.

Last edited by Danke; March 13th, 2008 at 22:16..
Danke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2008, 13:24   #2
pawscal
Did you check the fuse?
Old March 12th, 2008, 13:25   #3
Donster

check the motor as well
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2008, 13:31   #4
Danke

I haven't done more than a visual so far nothing obvious like chafed wires and so on. Later on tonight I may start pulling parts off but right now I'm still thinking the battery. If I can find someone on the weekend with a Deans plug I'll try it as part of the process of elimination.
Old March 12th, 2008, 15:03   #5
Crunchmeister

I'd check the fuse first. If it checks out as ok, then pop the motor out of the grip, reconnect its wires, and see if it turns. Even if the battery is shoddy and can't turn the motor over when it's in the gun, it should turn over fine with the motor out of the gun. If it works, then you're probably looking a locked up mechbox or the battery is screwed and too weak to turn the mechbox. If it doesn't turn out of the gun, then the problem is more than likely the wiring.
Old April 17th, 2008, 17:26   #6
Danke

It's alive, the diagnosis was,

"There was an issue with the cut off lever switch and replaced it with a King Arms brand, Re-lubed and fixed the shimming."
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner