Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

A few questions...

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old March 23rd, 2008, 15:09   #1
MagicalCow

A few questions...

I'm interested in playing airsoft, but I got a few questions.
First, I'd like to say I tried posting this in FAQ's, but I wasn't allowed to post a topic there for some apparent reason. So could this be moved there please?

Second, is there any "great beginners gun?". Like for paintball, theres the custom98. Is there any airsoft gun like that in the sense of performance/cost?
Monsy isn't a complete problem, but it will play a role (mainly taking up airsoft because paintballs are expensive).
If you need specifics, here they are. I'd prefer a rifle, but I would go for a submachine gun as well. Staying away from gas guns. Don't care about firing modes, as long as it can hold a decent rate of fire if its semi auto. Want it to be easily mobile, realiable, and more importantly, fun. Since this will be my begginer gun, I wouldn't really pay much more than 250$ canadian, unless for a good reason. I hope its reasonable enough.

And Lastly, I understand that you need to be +18 to purchase, but what about playing? I'll be going to wasaga paintball if I do start playing, so if anyone around that area could clear that us, I'd appreciate that.
MagicalCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2008, 15:12   #2
Bowers

Send a message via MSN to Bowers
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicalCow View Post
I'm interested in playing airsoft, but I got a few questions.
First, I'd like to say I tried posting this in FAQ's, but I wasn't allowed to post a topic there for some apparent reason. So could this be moved there please?

Second, is there any "great beginners gun?". Like for paintball, theres the custom98. Is there any airsoft gun like that in the sense of performance/cost?
Monsy isn't a complete problem, but it will play a role (mainly taking up airsoft because paintballs are expensive).
If you need specifics, here they are. I'd prefer a rifle, but I would go for a submachine gun as well. Staying away from gas guns. Don't care about firing modes, as long as it can hold a decent rate of fire if its semi auto. Want it to be easily mobile, realiable, and more importantly, fun. Since this will be my begginer gun, I wouldn't really pay much more than 250$ canadian, unless for a good reason. I hope its reasonable enough.

And Lastly, I understand that you need to be +18 to purchase, but what about playing? I'll be going to wasaga paintball if I do start playing, so if anyone around that area could clear that us, I'd appreciate that.
if 250 is ur max budget get a kraken ak47

dont forget you still need gear magazines a good battery etc so consider spending a little more then 250 max

Last edited by Bowers; March 23rd, 2008 at 15:15..
Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2008, 15:24   #3
MagicalCow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCSF-Bowers View Post
if 250 is ur max budget get a kraken ak47

dont forget you still need gear magazines a good battery etc so consider spending a little more then 250 max
Thanks. And to clear things up, I ment 250$ on the gun only, gear, ect. is seperate.
Old March 23rd, 2008, 15:32   #4
kalnaren

Quote:
Thanks. And to clear things up, I ment 250$ on the gun only, gear, ect. is seperate.
For a low end gun, plus all your gear, batteries, charger, goggles, you're looking at about $500. The Kraken is probably your best bet for low end, I've heard it's good for the price. The "best beginner gun" would probably be something made by JG, which you'd be looking at $350-400 for.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2008, 15:40   #5
Muffin

Ya i'd go JG, it may be a bit over over your price range but their fairly solid
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2008, 07:27   #6
MagicalCow

http://tinyurl.com/2j8kjb I heard this g36c by echo1 is pretty good (prices range from 149.99-199.99). What about gear now? I'm going to get a vertical grip, protective glasses, some non- hi-cap mags(don't like the idea of winding it),a gun bag, obviously some bbs, and a belt that can hold mags (assuming they make 'em :P ). But what else? Thanks in advance. Oh, and TCSF, I love your sig
Old March 24th, 2008, 07:45   #7
Mr.SMIG

That sites american. The gun wont make it across the border. correct me if i am wrong.

Last edited by Mr.SMIG; March 24th, 2008 at 08:04..
Mr.SMIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2008, 07:46   #8
No_Way

Don't expect a J36 for 200$ (maybe broken or stolen)

If you have found the FAQ, read the FAQ, it will answer almost all your question at first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtFarmer View Post
"Go FAQ yourself"
No_Way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2008, 09:16   #9
Bowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SMIG View Post
That sites american. The gun wont make it across the border. correct me if i am wrong.
correctamundo buy in canada or suffer buttsecks from the cbsa
Old March 24th, 2008, 09:40   #10
MagicalCow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SMIG View Post
Ok. I checked all the "canadian retailers" links, and nothing. Anybody know a site that sells echo 1?
Old March 24th, 2008, 09:41   #11
Bowers

Quote:
Ok. I checked all the "canadian retailers" links, and nothing. Anybody know a site that sells echo 1?
get age verified and search the classifieds
Old March 24th, 2008, 09:53   #12
kalnaren

Quote:
If you get agfe verified shootsoft will be open to you.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2008, 10:01   #13
Endymion

Filling out your profile with location may encourage those in your area to get in touch with you. Your best bet is to meet up with some local players and perhaps see some of their gear first hand. Chances are they will be able to answer your questions equally as well as those on the forum, but having that connection with players in your area should be considered essential.
Endymion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2008, 10:43   #14
Sniper Steve

Send a message via MSN to Sniper Steve
Sorry to steal this thread but what is "shootsoft"?
Sniper Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2008, 10:44   #15
Bowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper Steve View Post
Sorry to steal this thread but what is "shootsoft"?
one of the new retailers
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion