:

WW1, WW2

Old June 4th, 2006, 19:17   #16
quikstrike

Send a message via MSN to quikstrike
Yep, they are different, but I have a TM on the way
Old June 14th, 2006, 19:10   #17
the_zander

Just out of curiosity how much modification was required to fit the internals of a TM M14 into the genuine Garand stock?

Thanx:
-TheZander
the_zander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2006, 00:15   #18
leecas
The Rain Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_zander
Just out of curiosity how much modification was required to fit the internals of a TM M14 into the genuine Garand stock?

Thanx:
-TheZander

Zander, I don't think that he modified the Garand so that the M14 internals would fit it but rather he add Garand parts to the M14 to convert it to look like the Garand. Hopefully, when Quik gets his setup he can give us more details and a review.

Lee
leecas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2006, 19:42   #19
the_zander

my apologies for the confusion, anybody care to speculate on the modifications nessesary? i would really love to fit an authentic black polymer stock to my tm M14.

Thanx
-TheZander
the_zander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2006, 16:06   #20
Fader

Send a message via MSN to Fader
Anyone have any luck importing this item to Canada??

Ontario Airsoft WWII Reenactors.Com

2nd Lt Matthew R Woodley (Re-enactor)
Easy Company 2/506th
101st Airborne
Fader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2006, 16:48   #21
youonlywish

I have emailed the guy.

He 'says'...

Thus far they have been shipped all over the world. The kit itself which includes everything you need to convert your M-14 into a very close replica of a M1 Garand is $300.00 US with a shipping cost to Canada of 16.00 US. Full instructions are included in a 21 page, step by step instruction manual with lots and lots of pictures. Everything is included in the kit including one shortened magazine that you can use to pattern your own conversions of shortened magazines should you elect to do so. They are designed to fit in the grand pouches and while they don't fit completely flush in the base of the garand look pretty good. They hold 12 to 14 rounds once shortened.

The complete kit conversion in it's most basic form takes about 2 hours of assembly time. If you are comfortable doing the basic filed strip of your AEG you can easily do it. The only tools you'll need is a drill and a hack saw (one 2 inch cut) or dremel, and a screw driver. There are lots of additional steps illustrated in the manual should you wish to perform them and the items required for all of them are included in the kit as well.

Here is a picture of a customer from Scandanavia. who completed the base conversion in a few hours and sent me pictures. And a great picture from a customer in the UK. Both depict the swap after a few hours of work. Both said they will do additional steps to further the conversion.

If you want a finished gun (assuming it can be sent to Canada) your cost would be $695.00 plus $22.00 shipping using a new Marui M-14 as the base gun.

I have both kits and finished guns in stock. For the kit you'll need either an airsoft club or Marui version of the M-14 to use as a base gun and I'll need to know which base you have so I send a kit properly set up for the conversion.

Thanks for your interest. I can be paid through PAYPAL at JDRobison@Aol.com or a cashiers check or money order can be sent to John Robison 4225 202nd Ave NE Sammamish, WA 98074 USA

John Robison
Hooah Airsoft

In a message dated 7/19/2006 10:32:40 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, nba_superstar_99@hotmail.com writes:

Hey there.

I've heard through word of mouth that you make an M14-M1 conversion kit. I have seen your kit and read reviews, I'm honestly impressed. Would you be willing to make/ship one to canada? If so, how much?

Cheers.
Old July 27th, 2006, 20:19   #22
leecas
The Rain Man

Too bad we can't order directly from this guy. $700 for the finished gun is a great price, even with the exchange. I want one!!!!
Old July 28th, 2006, 06:09   #23
Fader

Send a message via MSN to Fader
Quote:
Originally Posted by leecas
Too bad we can't order directly from this guy. $700 for the finished gun is a great price, even with the exchange. I want one!!!!
I would have to agree... It would be great to order a few.

Damn Customs. :-(

Ontario Airsoft WWII Reenactors.Com

2nd Lt Matthew R Woodley (Re-enactor)
Easy Company 2/506th
101st Airborne
Fader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2006, 10:23   #24
leecas
The Rain Man

I wonder if customs would allow it if it was marked as a historic replica? Does anyone know?
Old July 28th, 2006, 10:32   #25
Kid

Quote:
I wonder if customs would allow it if it was marked as a historic replica? Does anyone know?
A antique replica as you put it would have to be modeled after a gun of 1895 or earlier.

...nice thought though.
Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2006, 10:35   #26
Mapcinq

Send a message via MSN to Mapcinq
I have a real steel M1 Garand, and this looks very similar. (I'll try dig up some pictures or take new ones next time I'm at my cottage)
What an amazing job, and I cant beleiver he isnt talking to up more. Its defnitely better then a "reasonable" kit.
Good shit
Mapcinq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2006, 22:41   #27
Mustang019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid
Quote:
A antique replica as you put it would have to be modeled after a gun of 1895 or earlier.

...nice thought though.
Dont know if the 15 years policy work here, you know like cars. Just a thought like that.
Mustang019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2008, 22:18   #28
Chibi-Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by leecas View Post
I came across this the other day and I thought it was great. I'm sure others will find it interesting. The pictures are great. It's an alternative to the gas powered M1 Garand. It would be great if you have a M14 or if you can pick one up second hand.

Check it out.

http://hellsknightsairsoft.com/smf/i...45.msg78#msg78
For some reason this link isn't working at all.
Do you think there is another way to get me the Page
Chibi-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2008, 22:34   #29
beta678
ASC's navel of the year!

Send a message via MSN to beta678
considering the fact that this thread is two years old... thats not much of a surprise... anyways, heres a link with what ur looking for, just scroll down abit or do a search for it http://www.ww2airsoft.org.uk/php/php...forum.php?f=13
beta678 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > WW1, WW2