Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

the ABA and UKARA......why not Canada?

:

General

Old February 7th, 2008, 21:19   #16
Danke

Try that song a bit further West in Vancouver and see how it goes.

I'm sure I'll get 4 people from Van chiming in "but I like guns" but that's not the point. We're speaking of the majority rule here not "my Uncle on the farm though it was so cool".

The firearm regulations will continue to become more restrictive. There will not be some glorious day when a choir will sing and you can walk to the corner store and purchase a pistol or select fire rifle again.

Is it fair? It doesn't seem that way to me but I'm not the King this week.
Danke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2008, 14:34   #17
cloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post

The firearm regulations will continue to become more restrictive. There will not be some glorious day when a choir will sing and you can walk to the corner store and purchase a pistol or select fire rifle again.

And I don't want there to be. Like I said above, I'm in favor of needing a license/registration to obtain an airsoft weapon or any other weapon. In fact take the cheap stuff out of department stores too.
Old February 8th, 2008, 14:58   #18
Danke

Yes I get that you are only referring to airsoft.

Just about any other person here sees a step like that as a reasonable requirement to gain access to airsoft rifles etc. With the hope that with legitimacy will come wider access and after that pricing in line with other countries.

The public will see it as Cheap US assault rifle copies flooding across the border and so on.

The counter argument of it's already happening so it should be regulated for safety is checkmated with it's already against the law and any underground gun trade must be stamped out.

The public at large and the Government along with enforcement don't see any reason why someone needs these. Countering with "but I like it", and "I promise not to shoot my eye out" doesn't hold weight when you're trying to pass something like this through Parliament.
Danke is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General