Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Anyone ever use ESS Striker Tactical Turbo C.A.M. Goggles

:

Gear Discussion

Old January 15th, 2008, 22:52   #1
Fox Hound

Anyone ever use ESS Striker Tactical Turbo C.A.M. Goggles

I have the normal ESS NVG goggles and they are really hard to keep on your face, always seem to slip and slide. Not to mention they are unconfortable. I guess you really need the helmet for this.

But aside from that the turbo CAM goggles look real confortable, they have the foam around the sides and they have the mini fan! Also its so much cheaper now 116$!
Old January 15th, 2008, 22:53   #2
HaZarD SFD

The NVG ones have a fan model too.. they come in black, tan, and OD..
Old January 15th, 2008, 23:01   #3
pOkiE

Send a message via AIM to pOkiE
I have the profile (nvg) turbofan and I love it! I dont have any problems with it slipping or sliding even without my MICH plus its compatible with my PVS14 replica for extra cool factor. I switched out my lens for the dual thermal lens which almost completely eliminates fogging. I live in hawaii so when they do fog up I just turn the fan on for a couple mins to clear it up. From the looks of it, the striker turbofan looks pretty bulky. Also, if the slipping and sliding continues, you may want to look into the asian fit style. I think its targeted for people with small nose bridges...

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxx View Post
I mean, even God carries a SOCOM.
pOkiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2008, 23:09   #4
Fox Hound

are the ess nvg and the ess nvg the same just with the turbo fan?

Last edited by Fox Hound; January 15th, 2008 at 23:47..
Fox Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2008, 00:58   #5
Endymion

ESS has both regular and Turbofan models of their Striker and NVG Profile goggles. The TurboCAM is their previous incarnation of the Turbofan.
Endymion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2008, 09:46   #6
wKnight

i used to own the turbo cam goggles and I hated them. The fan hardly ever worked because of the crappy wires used to connect it to the battery. A buddy of mine had the same issue with a pair that he owned. This was about 2 years ago so they may have improved on the fans since then.
wKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2008, 14:08   #7
Krusty

ESS Profile

A couple guys on my team have them. I have the profile with fan. I've used them for about 1 1/2 years and only recently changes the battery. I have never had problems with the fan and I run it on high all season. I replaced the clear lens this year because of regular use. I sweat alot around the face and I wear face paint all the time and they hardly fog up except where there is alot of condensation. I would recommend that you use a wax anti fog on them and wash them is warm water with soap after every use to keep them in top condition. I purchased mine from Seals Action Gear.
Old January 16th, 2008, 14:32   #8
Ibby

Send a message via ICQ to Ibby
Quote:
Originally Posted by wKnight View Post
The fan hardly ever worked because of the crappy wires used to connect it to the battery. A buddy of mine had the same issue with a pair that he owned.
I have the old TurboCam set and I've never had this problem. They're about 4 and a half years old now. I use them a ton, both for airsoft and for work. The battery holder on the originals were never the best design as mine is now held on by gun tape, but on the newer model they are a far superior design. I also ordered them from SEALS, with a dual pane lens. They didn't have any dual lenses in stock so they took one from another set of goggles for my order. Absolutely great guys to deal with.
This is by far the best goggle setup I have ever used. I sweat like a pig and they rarely fog up, even on hot days in Ontario humidity. I'll be picking up a set of the newer ones shortly. I've seen them, and they have many improvements. Well worth the $$$.
Old January 16th, 2008, 20:03   #9
Fox Hound

is it more confortable than the ESS NVG, theres no padding on these guys
Old January 16th, 2008, 22:44   #10
pOkiE

Send a message via AIM to pOkiE
I think I have a newer model than the one you are looking at since my powerpod only has one button. Ive never had any problems with the wiring and used it quite a bit for the past 1.5yrs. It has some padding but significantly less than the striker version. Its pretty comfortable but if youre not planning to use a nvg/replica then you may want to go with the striker model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxx View Post
I mean, even God carries a SOCOM.
pOkiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2008, 11:23   #11
wKnight

damn it now i want to try another pair :P
wKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2008, 11:25   #12
HaZarD SFD

The new NVG ones with the fan are damn comfortable.. I ran a set all day and they dont leave coon marks on your face.. but damn comfy and rarely fog... I left the fan on low the whole day and only turned it on high when I wasnt moving.. worked great.
Old February 10th, 2008, 15:45   #13
Fox Hound

can you wear the low profile nvg without a helmet for tight fit?
Old February 10th, 2008, 18:38   #14
HaZarD SFD

Yeah they are really slim line.. almost as slim as the bolles but a bit thicker. I have a friend from Idaho that goes by Sun valley once in a while and well since ESS is made there.. I might get me some for a nice price this year.
Old May 9th, 2008, 03:52   #15
TrueTGN

Send a message via MSN to TrueTGN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Hound View Post
can you wear the low profile nvg without a helmet for tight fit?
Sorry for a Necro post but I figured i'd ask here quickly. I'm actually wondering the same thing, I don't plan on running a helmet but since the profiles are designed for use with a helmet.. will it fit my head snug? I don't really have a small head or anything, but I just don't want them sliding off my face lol.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion