Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Help with Bomb prop

:

Accessories Discussion

Old January 16th, 2007, 23:07   #1
Sentinel

Help with Bomb prop

Hi everyone!

I've plan to build a timed bomb prop that can be armed and defused for a game . Since i'm not an electronic wizz, I wan't to know if there is someone that ever build one to guide me with the stuff it takes and connections. I don't care if it will be a key, a code or cutting the good wires to defuse. If you have any walktrough or links related to this, it would be helpful. Made my research but not fructuous. I know that there is some old threads on ASC talking a bit about it but the links are down and the informations far from complete.

I already own two old cell phones if they could help in any ways.

Thx
Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2007, 23:32   #2
Kid

A lot of us could draw you up a way to do it... but it would take a long time. Something that unfortunately I won't have for a while...

If here are any takers to this though, they would definitely need to know exactly what you wanted, for example,

Timed; and/or
Detonated by calling the cell phone number
Detonated by movement of the bomb
Motion or sound activated
Defusable by removing wires (Would it explode if the wrong wire is cut?)
etc, etc, etc.

All of it is possible and wouldn't cost too much... to explain how to do that (would need to be drawn with a key for you) would take a lot.
Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2007, 23:45   #3
Boche
I am memel, hear me roar!

I'm sorta in the process of making something similar. I bought a cheapo home alarm system for $6.95 from KW Surplus, I'm not sure what the Quebec equivalent would be, it's mostly a surplus and other cheap junk store. This unit has a numbered key pad and one set of magnetic contacts hard wired to it. My plan was to mount the keypad inside a locking brief case with the contacts mounted across the opening, so when the case is opened the alarm is tripped. This particular one has two settings, one where the alarm goes off immediately when opened and the other where there is a ten second delay for the purpose of entering the deactivation code. This thing is powered by three (?) AA batteries and the alarm is LOUD.

http://www.drleonards.com/items/27981_large.gif

The Shepherd always finds His sheep.
The Flat Earth has me Levelled.
Boche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2007, 00:37   #4
Sentinel

Thx memel. this give me some ideas.

Kid,
Ideally , I would make a timed bomd that can be set for an amount of time (like 20 mins or more ) and then it sounds (explodes) if not defused. Preferrably not 10 seconds after the case is open. The movement of the bomb is also a great option.

If you can give me a brief how to do it and what stuff it takes. I can surely do it without long advices and without ou taking me by the hands lol!

THX
Old February 6th, 2007, 23:21   #5
Sentinel

to keep this alive...
Old February 6th, 2007, 23:24   #6
evilmonkey

Send a message via MSN to evilmonkey

just like in Boston
http://www.internetisseriousbusiness.com/
evilmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2007, 23:27   #7
Sentinel

mouhahahah! Would be cool!
Old February 6th, 2007, 23:31   #8
tony123

could draw scematic for you but you must be more specific on what your looking for
tony123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2007, 23:42   #9
Nova316

Heya, Im starting on this project as well
Im a second year electrical engineer with a few buddies were designing a bomb that uses a keypad that can be coded do arm and disarm a bomb.
It uses a series of logic gates/microprocessors and latches, Ill post pictures and instructions once were done. Were thinking of either a siren going off when the wrong code is inputted or maybe a big red flash? were still working out the small details
Nova316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2007, 17:24   #10
Sentinel

i'm looking basically at a a bomb prop that you can arm and defuse by a numeric pad (or cell phone) . Also I want it to blow if you move it (optionnal). A loud siren will be like the explosion. I think that will be it. If you have questions, tell me.

Thx Tony123 for offering your help, that will defiitely make some of our games more exciting and realistic
Old February 9th, 2007, 18:18   #11
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Go to Dollarama and buy a digital egg timer for $1. Last year I was working on getting this thing to trigger a personal alarm (also for $1 same store, 110dB of annoying noise) in the attempt to make a satchel charge simulator for a game I had planned. Got it working on the protoboard just fine, but the circuit I made didn't work, and I haven't looked at it since due to busy schedule.

Basically, the timer switches the ground that goes to the buzzer. Remove the buzzer, solder to and run two wires out the back of the timer. The circuit I threw together uses an NPN transistor as a switch to kick in the ground of the coil for an IC relay powered by a 9V battery. The personal alarm I took out the ground wire to the circuit off the battery and ran it outside of the alarm. Relay closes, power is supplied to the alarm and it screams. Because the timer switches in pulses, the alarm would sound in pulses, so I just used a high value electrolytic cap to fill in the pulse gaps because it charges and discharges keeping the voltage level around the same level (same way filter caps work in electonic equipment that change AC into DC.)

Here's the rough schematic I made, not sure if I refined it or not, but at least it worked on the protoboard:

Oh ya, the ARM button was meant to give the cap an initial charge. The timer only puts out about 1VDC as well.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2007, 18:22   #12
Ibby

Send a message via ICQ to Ibby
There's lots on Google. Being a tech geek I like building stuff like that. One idea I had was using spring connectors like on a speaker, for running some wires in the bomb. They'd be hidden under some sort of covering, with the wires themselves sticking out a few inches. In the group of wires would be one that needs cut. With this setup you could easily change around the wires with different colours, and all you'd need to do to replace the cut wire would be to cut another length and put it in. Very simple for non techie types. Seekah from BCAC got me thinking of a few different ideas. He's made a few good props.

One thing you might want to do is mark it as a "prop", or paint it blue or gold or both. This denotes it to folks who know that it's an inert device for training. If you were to leave it in your car for instance and some soccer mom saw it, you get back to your car and find the bomb squad having a weenie roast around it.
And make sure you don't mark the "prop" in Arabic.
Old February 9th, 2007, 18:23   #13
MrEvolution
MrChairsoft

Stalker, im going to have nightmares from that schematic. Reminds me of all that crap I had to learn >_<

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGrail25 View Post
I'm no expert on the law, but the only victims of rape in this story are the 40 men.
MrEvolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2007, 18:55   #14
Zeonprime

Location: Waterloo, kitchener, guelph, mississauga, north east toronto
lol... and to think I was going to post "looking for a Bombsmith" today.
I'm in need of several different explosive devices for this year. I have some of the parts already. one of the bombs would be making use of an Airhorn to indicate the bomb has been detonated. I have the mechanism to press the airhorn, just need someone to make it work with a timer, keypad and a red flashing dome light and strobe light. and that's just one of the bombs I need.

Memel..suitcase bomb..kewl

Quote:
Be safe not just with yourself, but those you play with. If you are reckless with other peoples safety then you will leave.
Zeonprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2007, 19:00   #15
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEvolution View Post
Stalker, im going to have nightmares from that schematic. Reminds me of all that crap I had to learn >_<
Just be thankful there are no long ass'd mathematical formulas attached to it. I found it funny when our math teacher in college was teaching us how to use the "J factor" or whatever it was, spent two classes going over it, and doing exercices with it. Some smartass in my class asked him later "Sir, when will we ever us this anyways?" And the teacher simply said "Well, never that I know of" :banghead:
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion