Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

can some one help settle conflicting answers?

:

General

Old November 10th, 2006, 18:27   #1
shadow1911
Banned

Send a message via MSN to shadow1911
can some one help settle conflicting answers?

I did a search on asc bupkiss nothing. So I did a world wide web search for the following questions and got what can bee seen from a research stand point as multiple wrong answers and no right ones. Can some one please tell me the correct answers.

question one. Removing a half empty mag from your aeg and loading in a fresh mag. Will this cause problems?

question two. Will the gun still work properly with a half a mag(say a 50 round mag with only 25 rounds in it) with out problems?

question three. Can a holographic sight be easily broken by running into a wall or dropping it?(by broken I mean unable to use with out repair unzeroing doesn't count.)

And like I said I searched but came up with answers that have become meaningless. Only way to get a good answer for them is to ask.
shadow1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2006, 18:44   #2
Amgoosen

this has to be a joke, nothing else can explain it.
Amgoosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2006, 18:48   #3
Teiwaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amgoosen View Post
In the time it took you to write that, you could have provided a useful answer rather than turning this into another flame thread.

In short, no, no, depends.

1. No problems in most cases. Problems I've heard of come from HiCaps unwinding, not damage to the gun.

2. No problems. Overloading a mag will cause feed errors, though.

3. Depends how you drop it and what you drop it on. But don't go dropping your gun or running into walls just to try it, okay? BBs can shooting out sights are usually a bigger worry.
Teiwaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2006, 18:51   #4
mujahadeen

Send a message via ICQ to mujahadeen Send a message via MSN to mujahadeen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amgoosen View Post
Nice help dipshit.

1) Switching up mags halfway through your rounds does not have a negative effect on your gun.. just keep in mind that sometimes a bb or two remains in the magwell of some guns, so if you've got your mag out, and the safety off, the gun may still discharge a round and should not be considered safe until it has been cleared and safetied.

2)Yes of course it still works fine, how do you think it goes through a whole charged mag once you've started firing... the spring inside your mag continues to place preasure on your rounds until empty.

3) I'm not too sure about holosights... my suggestion, save your money and use iron sights or a cheap red dot until you've played a bit more... invest first in things like gear especially a good pair of goggles.

Good luck
Curiously enough, if you take the sine of 666°, you get 0.80901699, which is one half of negative phi, or perhaps what one might call the "anti-phi" / It is opposite of balance and harmony ergo: chaos and disharmony.
mujahadeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2006, 18:52   #5
mujahadeen

Send a message via ICQ to mujahadeen Send a message via MSN to mujahadeen
gahhh beat me to it.
Curiously enough, if you take the sine of 666°, you get 0.80901699, which is one half of negative phi, or perhaps what one might call the "anti-phi" / It is opposite of balance and harmony ergo: chaos and disharmony.
mujahadeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2006, 19:06   #6
swatt13
Captain Awesome

in amagoosen's defence, i seriously though this was a joke too.... ive never had anyone ask that before.... and not to insult you shadow, but i thought this stuff was common sense and self explanitory.. except the halo sight thing... i dont know much about them, but i would think dropping it would be a bad thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven
a Systema PTW is like KD, where the noodles are plated in gold and the cheese sauce is actually a pool of hot naked women.
swatt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2006, 19:08   #7
Dracheous
Lego Head

1. Try it and find out.

2. Try it and find out.

3 Try it and find out. Video record this one so we can all laugh?

Leaving a mag half full while in storage is damaging to the mag. Switching out mags you sometimes loose rounds from the hop up. And can't figure out why the first two questions are issues, the third one is really a question of the construction of the brand you choose for a sight.

"The hydrogen economy car from the people who brought you the 'Hindenburg'" - Glen Foster

Condoms do not guarantee safe sex any more. A friend of mine wore one and was shot by the woman's husband!
Dracheous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2006, 19:24   #8
spleen

1) No problems, do it all the time
2) No problems, do it all the time. I load all my 68 round mags to 33 bbs for most games.
3) Especially any military grade, and I'd expect just any good quality real steel holo sight should be able to survive most abuse you'd give it in the field. Aimpoints are a bit tougher than Eotecs, which as I understand it was actually the deciding factor in the US mil adopting Aimpoints over Eotechs. That's not to say an Eotech wouldn't survice being dropped or bumped, I'm pretty sure it would, just to say that the Aimpoint is a bit tougher. All that said, you would probably want to take care of any holo that you bought. Cheap replica's almost certainly are more delicate, and if you're not considering a real one, you'll probably want to take good care of it.

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully."
George W. Bush (1946 - Present)

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuchervano View Post
Oh wow, im speechless. Crowbars and shovels... back to lurking then.
spleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2006, 19:37   #9
shadow1911
Banned

Send a message via MSN to shadow1911
Thank you for the stright answers. They are much apreshated.
shadow1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2006, 19:37   #10
2nd battalion 2LT

To every one insulting my friend shadow

He is talking about my badly abused fa-mas and I find that if you change mags half way through or have a half full mag it tends to have feeding problems but that could also stem from the messed up hop up so I told him while we were playing not to switch his mag halfway through a fire fight for one your un prepared if let's say I at the time not on his team poped up from my hiding spot and opened up on him he couldn't return fire and might drop the mag .. and my other reason was the last time I switch mags half way through with the gun it jamed up horribly and I now have a damaged hop up unit on the gun . it I think doesn't hold a seal ...
2nd battalion 2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2006, 19:56   #11
quaestor

Send a message via MSN to quaestor
With respect to reloading, understand that the AEG feeder tube likely carries 2-3 BBs and that these need to stay there or drop out fully before loading a new mag. To preserve BBs, some players reload upside-down. In addition, if you are reloading right side up, a fast reload may not allow the 2-3 remaining BBs to drop fully and may jam by falling out partially but staying on top of the mag. The result is a mag that won't load, and potentially a BB that needs to be pried out with needlenose pliers or other motivator.
Old November 10th, 2006, 20:59   #12
Dracheous
Lego Head

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is why mags have a release button that is pressed ussually by the hop up when you slap the mag in, so that the hop up gets a full dose of BB's.

In other words the only damaging affect of reloading is that you loose a couple BB's that were in the feeder tube. If you are having a miss feed, check your mags that when loaded the spring loaded catch still works. After that check to make sure that the AEG itself is engadging that release. If its not, then you have a problem. But you shouldn't have that problem in difference between a full or half empty mag.

"The hydrogen economy car from the people who brought you the 'Hindenburg'" - Glen Foster

Condoms do not guarantee safe sex any more. A friend of mine wore one and was shot by the woman's husband!
Dracheous is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General