Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Silent P90 Gearbox parts

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old September 16th, 2006, 00:25   #1
TCLP

Silent P90 Gearbox parts

Ok Ive been searching for a silent piston head kit for a p90 but havent come up with anything. As well I know that p90 has parts that are version2/3 compatible:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion
compatible parts with other gearboxes:

Bushings: version 6 specific
Gears: version 2/3 compatible
Spring Guide: version 2 compatible only (Guarder v2 will NOT fit without modifications)
Spring: version 2/3/7 compatible
Piston: version 2/3/7 compatible (check tooth alignment between the first 3 teeth with the sector gear's teeth)
Piston Head: version 2/3/7 compatible
Cylinder: version 2/3 compatible
Cylinder Head: version 6 specific
Air Seal Nozzle: P90 specific.

Any other parts you need to know?
So what would be the best way to get the p90 silenced (besides dynamat and a silencer)? As I cant use the cylinder head from the version 2/3 silent head kits.
TCLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2006, 00:44   #2
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCLP
Ok Ive been searching for a silent piston head kit for a p90 but havent come up with anything. As well I know that p90 has parts that are version2/3 compatible:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion
compatible parts with other gearboxes:

Bushings: version 6 specific
Gears: version 2/3 compatible
Spring Guide: version 2 compatible only (Guarder v2 will NOT fit without modifications)
Spring: version 2/3/7 compatible
Piston: version 2/3/7 compatible (check tooth alignment between the first 3 teeth with the sector gear's teeth)
Piston Head: version 2/3/7 compatible
Cylinder: version 2/3 compatible
Cylinder Head: version 6 specific
Air Seal Nozzle: P90 specific.

Any other parts you need to know?
So what would be the best way to get the p90 silenced (besides dynamat and a silencer)? As I cant use the cylinder head from the version 2/3 silent head kits.
Unfortunately, there isn't much you can buy (as far as I know), besides getting helical gears to suppress gear whine.

Although... I do have schematics and instructions on building your own silent head set. Although this does not work in the sense of a standard silent head set. This works by creating a cylinderhead/nozzle plug that creates a buffer of air against the piston head to suppress the strike.

I have them scanned and online here:

http://www.pbase.com/illusive_airsoft/image/23483709

Just keep clicking "next" to get to the next page. There are 5 pages in total.

You don't *really* need to read Japanese to understand it, but it helps if you have very strong pictorial comprehension skills.
I wish I could read Japanese, there could be some things in the text that I'm missing.

I also wish that I had previous as well as following issues of this magazine as this posted article is the second part of a multi-part series on creating a custom silent P90.

Some of the images show some of the changes done in the first part, where they basically roughed up the striking surface of the cylinder head.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2006, 00:49   #3
TCLP

Very informative and I`ll tell aeveryone if I find some new goodies that can be put in.
TCLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2006, 01:15   #4
Maelstrom

you can try just a promethius pom piston head, i use this in my g36 and sg-1 and it has a bit of an effect
Maelstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications