Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

S&W Sigma 40 - Anyone know anything about it?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old April 19th, 2006, 20:19   #1
DannyMac

S&W Sigma 40 - Anyone know anything about it?

Hey I see they have some of these available at A&A, and it looks pretty interesting and a good deal. But I really can't seem to find any info whatsoever on it, I was wondering if anyone has ever seen one or knows anything about the quality of it? Thanks. It's the KWC version to clairfy.
DannyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2006, 21:02   #2
Pollock

I hear it's pretty good, but justpistols.co.uk I believe was questioning if the slide was really metal. I never ceased to be amazed by AA. They are very impressive.
Old April 19th, 2006, 22:17   #3
Mysteryfish

if it's the one by KWA or KWC or whatever, it's ... an interesting gun.

The one I had fucked up very shortly after arriving at my place.

It was a bit sluggish at times. To be fair, something was wrong with the one I had, so I can hardly be an unbiased judge of its performance.

To it's credit, it was the most solid, lifelike pistol I've played with yet, and would certainly withstand SERIOUS abuse. You could pound nails with this thing.

It 'felt' very real. Something about the materials they used, the weight, and the recoil spring...

(Yes, I have owned Western Arms, KSC, KWA, KJW, Marui, Marushin, and handled Hudson, and HFC guns to compare to.)

Compared to them, it felt like a "piece of equipment", rather than "a piece of airsoft" (however nice) that I put in a holster and worried about destroying.

I don't remember what the actual issue was inside the gun, something was misaligned or worn, and prevented it from returning to battery, and IIRC it was something that was easily fixed by the subsequent owner with a little bit of shop-time.

**also - the slide WAS metal ** Or at least a large portion of it was metal, with a polymer shell moulded around it.
Mysteryfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2006, 22:40   #4
DannyMac

actually man, was the one you had the type that used a CO2 cartridge in the magazine rather than filling up with gas? I've been looking at some reviews and there is a KWC Sigma that uses CO2 in the mag?

It's really realistic eh I like that. I've had plasticy guns and really don't like that. I'm a big fan of the guns that have that really solid feel, stiffer recoil spring and you get the nice metal on metal sound when you cock it. You say the Sigma fits that description? I might be interested in picking one up from A&A.
DannyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2006, 04:33   #5
Mysteryfish

I think that's the one.

It didn't use CO2 directly inside the magazine though.

It had an adapter (sortof like a lanyard looking coiled hose that screwed in where the fill valve would normally go) that attached to a 12 gram CO2 rig.

It was a bit awkward, but they included a regular fill valve, so I switched to that.

The coiled CO2 "remote" thing would clip on a belt, and the hose had a quick-detach, so you could switch from one magazine to another if you had to reload.

All in all, it was hellishly weird to use, so I stuck to using the regular valves and propane.

Until it went wonky, it was a cool gun to have, and I got mine used for really cheap, so it was a win/win situation (till it broke).

If you can find an affordable source, and you think you might really like to try it, just make sure it's coming from a "casual spending" fund, and then you won't be too upset if it goes bizarre on you.

The more likely scenario is that you get luckier than I did, and you buy one that doesn't give up on you for at least a little while.

For reference, I believe Western Arms makes one, and I have no idea about it. As for other companies, I'm not sure.

**Keep in mind, this was a while ago, and it isn't by a commonly used company, so there will be little in the way of tech-support for it, and hard to get replacement parts. Also, it's pretty subjective. I'd love to recommend getting your hands on one first, but it doesn't seem likely**
Old April 20th, 2006, 15:21   #6
Shinjin_MC

Send a message via MSN to Shinjin_MC
western arms only makes a compact shorty .40 afaik, no full SW40 sigma
Shinjin_MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2006, 22:53   #7
Mysteryfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinjin_MC
western arms only makes a compact shorty .40 afaik, no full SW40 sigma
http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper...6b5ebd1f5f63a3

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper...6b5ebd1f5f63a3

P1z-0WN-3D!
Old April 21st, 2006, 01:26   #8
Shinjin_MC

Send a message via MSN to Shinjin_MC
omgz I got owned by the fish!!

now come out to a game man
havent seen you out at panther in ages
Shinjin_MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2006, 03:17   #9
Mysteryfish

Yeh... :grin:

You know i'm jokin' . I pzwn with love.

I'll come to a game when I can get some damn low-caps for my pee-ninety.
Old April 27th, 2006, 04:04   #10
liam_995

KWC makes the SW40F in a CO2 version with the CO2 powerlet in the mag itself, making for a very long mag - but one that is well balanced. As it shoots at about 425-450 fps, it shoots VERY hard; probably not appreciated out on the field, but lots of fun when plinking at soda cans or anything else you can think of. Thier is a Deluxe version with a silencer concealing a longer barrel that is supposed to kick the fps up to about 470 fps... :!:
liam_995 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion