Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WE G19 G-Force Skull plate elimination

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old December 30th, 2015, 12:25   #1
kar120c

WE G19 G-Force Skull plate elimination

I don't like the skull plate of this line of We Pistol. It is removable. May I swap it with a real stell one or there is someting for airsoft that I can use with minimum modding?
kar120c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2015, 12:32   #2
Kos-Mos

That is the blowback unit.
You can replace it with an aftermarket one for Tokyo G17 series.
Or WE G17/G19 (non G-Force)
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2015, 13:00   #3
Drake
E-01

Maybe cheaper to just paint it? If its removable you can even strip the old paint off first, then prime and paint it a nice flat black and there'll be no trace of the skull.
Old December 31st, 2015, 13:17   #4
Kos-Mos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Maybe cheaper to just paint it? If its removable you can even strip the old paint off first, then prime and paint it a nice flat black and there'll be no trace of the skull.
It's molded.

Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2015, 15:08   #5
kar120c

The skull is molded, but the plate is removable not solid to the bbw unit like marui.
Asap I'll post a pic of it.
It is a strange thing because this plate is very well made and if it was not already mounted, I would it absolutely. But it gives and unwanted "fantasy look" to this pistol
Old December 31st, 2015, 17:44   #6
e-luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar120c View Post
The skull is molded, but the plate is removable not solid to the bbw unit like marui.
Asap I'll post a pic of it.
It is a strange thing because this plate is very well made and if it was not already mounted, I would it absolutely. But it gives and unwanted "fantasy look" to this pistol
Geez...

What did you expect?

All the markings are not even real. They look pretty stupid and the fishscale serations found on your gun doesnt really exist in the real world Glock slides. And if they are, they appear significantly different.

The retail pictures clearly show the stupid skull garbage you're mulling over.

So why would you even consider it if you didn't want a "Fantasy Look"?
I mean, you could've just bought WE's regular Glock 19.

That back plate is not something that's easily replaceable. All the aftermarket ones cater to the specific blowback unit from the their own line. Gunsmodify for example only makes backplates specific to their blowback housing. THeir backplates are slimmer than most and the mounting/retaining holes are different.

The only blowback unit that accomodates any other backplate is Guarder's. THey can accept REAL Glock backplates...

In regards to your stippling query...

If you want a fast way of stippling or if you're not very skilled with the iron, buy the UAC stippling tool.

Here's the link and video:
http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol...ool_Type_A.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adcXmaGMjoM

Stippling for the sake of looking differently is a pretty dumb reason to attempt and ruin a frame. Do it for functionality like improving the grip registration for quick draws, for example. If you're sure of your grip on this gun, don't even bother with all this non-sense....
Old January 1st, 2016, 16:01   #7
kar120c

Have you experience about ACE1 Arms Slide with RMR and not? They seem to be the only SAI and Agency Arms slides for WE G19. They have a proprietary bbw housing and someone say that they are too heavy.
With one of this and a new trigger my G19 should look better
Quote:
Originally Posted by e-luder View Post
Geez...

What did you expect?

All the markings are not even real. They look pretty stupid and the fishscale serations found on your gun doesnt really exist in the real world Glock slides. And if they are, they appear significantly different.

The retail pictures clearly show the stupid skull garbage you're mulling over.

So why would you even consider it if you didn't want a "Fantasy Look"?
I mean, you could've just bought WE's regular Glock 19.

That back plate is not something that's easily replaceable. All the aftermarket ones cater to the specific blowback unit from the their own line. Gunsmodify for example only makes backplates specific to their blowback housing. THeir backplates are slimmer than most and the mounting/retaining holes are different.

The only blowback unit that accomodates any other backplate is Guarder's. THey can accept REAL Glock backplates...

In regards to your stippling query...

If you want a fast way of stippling or if you're not very skilled with the iron, buy the UAC stippling tool.

Here's the link and video:
http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol...ool_Type_A.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adcXmaGMjoM

Stippling for the sake of looking differently is a pretty dumb reason to attempt and ruin a frame. Do it for functionality like improving the grip registration for quick draws, for example. If you're sure of your grip on this gun, don't even bother with all this non-sense....
Old January 2nd, 2016, 00:52   #8
e-luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar120c View Post
Have you experience about ACE1 Arms Slide with RMR and not? They seem to be the only SAI and Agency Arms slides for WE G19. They have a proprietary bbw housing and someone say that they are too heavy.
With one of this and a new trigger my G19 should look better
AND?

Of course they're a bit heavier. It has to carry a red dot with it. THe kit comes with a upgraded recoil spring anyway (although I don't recommend using it).
Is it TOO heavy? No, not it my professional opinion. In fact, the stock WE recoil spring is more than capable of carrying that slide assembly with the red dot.

I don't normally buy Ace 1 Arms products. Mainly because they are ok at best. Anodized finish (i believe) on the slide (I don't think the barrel is.THat gold is horrific and comes off really fast) and CNC'ed aluminum, if i remember correctly. Some of them are able to be installed with minimal or no modifications while some needs a ton of work to get a fluent and unencumbered action. Some of them don't even work properly outright out of the box. It's really a mystery on which one you'll get. At least in my experience.

The internals it comes with are ok. THe loading muzzle is apparently a strengthened one although i dunno what kind of shit they made it out of. I've seen them break consistently within 500-700 shots.

But that was back then. I dont know if they stepped up their quality in their more recent production runs but I personally don't buy their crap because of their inconsistencies.

But it looks like it's your only option if you want to keep it within TRUE WE specs and are looking to keep the Salient Arms look.

The blowback unit is only proprietary to the slide to accommodate the melted optics. Not the system as a whole. The unit is a select fire airsoft Glock unit that Tokyo Marui introduced with their Glock 18c line. The only difference between the two are dimensions and the fact that ACE 1 modified the design so that it can be used with the semi auto Glock hammer mechanism (also introduced by Marui with their G26 line) and also that they internalized the fire selector switch.

The design choice was both so that the blowback unit can be used with WE's select fire Glock 23 and to accommodate the RMR optic (as stated above).

You could just buy the regular Ace1 Arms non-rmr version and turn your Glock into something like this:

e's Tokyo Marui / Kuan-Ju Works / Wei-Tech Glock 19: "Ludus"

Bear in mind that the kit pictured above does not come with the blowback unit. Only sights. SO you'll have to use your existing WE stock blowback unit with it.

On the other hand, it is a bit cheaper and it's what your current set up is modelled after....
Old January 2nd, 2016, 02:24   #9
kar120c

Ok, tnx for the Very detailed infos. About Ace1 slides, those without RMR should be the easiest to fit becuse they use the stock parts of the originale slide. Do they come with the outer barrel? I wish to mantain the Salient Arms design and at this Point I don't know if continue my build using the WE platform or start from KJW G23 and Guarder Frame. Guarder now sells steel hammer housing kit for it. I also have another build in progress a kjw g27 and the hammer housing kit should be the same
Old January 2nd, 2016, 14:05   #10
localfreerider
willing to perform services in a dark alley that may or may not leave you satisfied for a title. GFE = 1, looks = 2, BBFS for an extra $50.

I installed a Ace1 slides on a TM G17 for a customer, The kit looks nice and installs without any special fitting. The one I worked on the valve inside the Ace1 nozzle gets stuck causing all the gas to vent into blowback with none going out the barrel. To fix this use your stock TM/WE valve and spring inside your Ace1 nozzle.

Last edited by localfreerider; January 2nd, 2016 at 14:09..
localfreerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2016, 03:07   #11
kar120c

Ok, I'll buy this one http://www.devgrulogy.com/#!product/...8-bk%2C-we-%29 out of stock almost everywhere this place sell it cheaper than others. Anyone knows a better store (not HK or TW) to order from?
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications