Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

KWA Kriss vector upgrade

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old October 21st, 2014, 21:08   #1
heman90210

KWA Kriss vector upgrade

Hi, I am relatively new to airsoft. I recently bought a KWA Kriss vector (http://www.herooutdoors.com/kwa-kriss-vector-black/). I am going to customize with the goal of increasing my FPS. I plan on getting a mock silencer (http://www.evike.com/products/46092/) and will get falcon extended inner barrel 350MM (http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/falcon-ex...l#.VEXRyMlbSVo). My question is, if I buy the Extended inner barrel, will the silencer fit on the airsoft gun? If the silencer does’t fit, can I get an adapter? If so what size? Also, would you recommend I buy a hop up chamber? Any other thoughts on increasing performance of a the rifle is also appreciated.
heman90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2014, 21:20   #2
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

what fps are you looking for? mine was 380 stock
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2014, 21:58   #3
p0nch3

It's a Kwa so you're gonna have to be careful what you put in. My friend's vector was pretty good out of the box so he won't be upgrading anything. His was shooting almost 410 and its evened out to about 375fps. It really depends on what you'll be using it for. If you're gonna game it outside mainly, then increasing the barrel length may be the best/only thing to do atm
p0nch3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2014, 22:23   #4
ThunderCactus

If you get it to 380, just use .30s and you'll get crazy range and accuracy out of it
You really don't need to upgrade the vectors
Old October 22nd, 2014, 09:38   #5
heman90210

Thanks for the replies guys I agree that it doesn't need upgrades, But I still wanna upgrade it. I want to double the FPS to shoot around 700 FPS. I want range and accuracy. so I would like to ask again, if I get the extended barrel (http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/falcon-ex...l#.VEeyyslbSVp) can I attach the mock silencer to it? or do I need a special adapter.
Old October 22nd, 2014, 10:04   #6
SDrodge

You don't need a special adapter. You need a new hobby. 700 fps?
SDrodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2014, 15:06   #7
QUATTROISKING
LOVES helmets!

Don't shoot me more than 10 times or I'll charge you!

Lmao no field will let you use a vector over 450fps
Old October 22nd, 2014, 15:28   #8
FirestormX

Maybe he's planning to play in Hawaii.
FirestormX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2014, 19:21   #9
syrus

You will never get that gun up to 700 fps. ... and if you did no field will alow it... also if you extend the inner barrel the silencer will cover the inner barrel (assuming the inner Barrel isn't longer than the silencer and outer barrel) but the vector uses a 16mm threads where most are14 so you will probably need an adapter
syrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2014, 20:08   #10
ThunderCactus

Fps alone will get you nowhere, youd also have to use .6g bbs or heavier to make any use of that extra fps. And youd have to ER hop the barrel in order to lift those rounds.
How much range are you trying to get? Because the 3 vectors on my team are all shooting 260ft easy with .30s stock
Old October 22nd, 2014, 23:00   #11
Wilkie

I'm curious what a bb traveling at 700 ft per second would do to a human being. It could certainly be lethal depending on the area of impact.
Wilkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2014, 00:04   #12
heman90210

I love all the reply. Truth is, my friend had an air soft sniper rifle, could shoot a pointed ballet 700 FPS, he would boast about it and it made me feel jealous. But now I understand that FPS won't improve accuracy, and will only hurt others. Thanks for educating me
Old October 23rd, 2014, 00:13   #13
ThunderCactus

Sounds more like a pellet gun.
Anyway if it wasnt firing spheroids with hopup, it wouldnt have shot very far.
Old October 23rd, 2014, 14:41   #14
FirestormX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilkie View Post
I'm curious what a bb traveling at 700 ft per second would do to a human being. It could certainly be lethal depending on the area of impact.
700 FPS sounds impressive, but it's only 4.5 joules with a .20. You could get shot in the temple, the eye, the spine...Anywhere, really, and you certainly won't die. It won't even completely penetrate the skin. Hell, your eye sight would probably end up just fine (though you'll probably complications causing pain the rest of your life)

FYI: Paintball is about 14 joules...And I've been lit up in the temple, the spine, and most other places, with those 14 joules.
FirestormX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2014, 17:08   #15
ThunderCactus

That's a completely different bird.
Paintballs explode and spread that 14j over a significantly larger area on impact.
Airsoft BBs deform only a little, but apply all their impact force over just 10 square mm or less.
1.64j with a 6mm BB is 24PSI or higher
Whereas a paintball is just under 13PSI
And consider the fact a BB also holds it's shape, making it infinitely more likely to penetrate skin compared to what is essentially a paint filled water balloon.

As little as 350fps can penetrate skin point blank, that's why we have MED's for sniper rifles.
And as far as the science of it, it's the velocity and shape of the projectile that's more likely to penetrate, not necessarily the joules of force, as your skin doesn't have time to deform to the projectile to absorb the impact.

You can get hit in the arm with a hammer at 200j but it's not likely to break skin.
There are many cases of people chipping finger bones with BBs (I've actually fractured Amos' finger with my sniper rifle), and many more of them having BBs shot into skin and even a tongue. And those are all at field allowed joule limits.

Last edited by ThunderCactus; October 23rd, 2014 at 17:13..
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications