Hurricane Eotech

:

Accessories Discussion

Old March 23rd, 2014, 00:45   #1
FpsBC

Send a message via MSN to FpsBC
Hurricane Eotech

Hey guys,

Long story short, I went looking everywhere for this replica and couldn't find anything. I found some old posts saying that they have been discontinued because the RS eotech company started cracking down on the repro holographics in HK. I guess this is kinda of a WTB ad, as I am in search of one right now, but does any soul know if their is a repro brand out there close to that of the Hurricane? Close being, none to minimal ghosting, keeping zero, and minimal, but not any, tint.

I know some will say "Buy Once, Buy Real" but I'm more of the weekend warrior and don't fancy spending $500+

I noticed some Eotechs from airsoftstore, and I know the guys there only sell quality stuff that they themselves back up. Does anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks
FpsBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2014, 00:47   #2
QUATTROISKING
LOVES helmets!

Don't shoot me more than 10 times or I'll charge you!

Airsoftdepot has gbb safe eotech
Old March 23rd, 2014, 12:31   #3
Heerven

I own a Hurricane eotech after have been trought King arms (failed) and another clone (failed).
I recently found out this one made for RS and not expensive:
Sightmark Ultra shot
. The real advantage I see is you can switch to 3 differents aim dot (a must).
Altought (need to be verified) I heard the different dot style are not aligned. that mean, if you want to switch to another, you will have to rezeroing. Except that, I read good comments.. Especially it' s half price an Hurricane eotech and made for Real Steel.
Link on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.ca/s/?ie=UTF8&keyw...l_9i3tqi3vwl_b

Heerven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2014, 02:20   #4
FpsBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heerven View Post
I own a Hurricane eotech after have been trought King arms (failed) and another clone (failed).
Sightmark Ultra shot
Altought (need to be verified) I heard the different dot style are not aligned. that mean, if you want to switch to another, you will have to rezeroing. Except that, I read good comments.. Especially it' s half price an Hurricane eotech and made for Real Steel.
Link on Amazon:
Hey thanks for replying.
I looked into it and I might actually seriously consider buying it. Even though it doesn't look exactly like the eotech. Function before fashion right? I'm just not a huge fan of the red tint, although their other version seems to be clear. How do you like your hurricane? Is it more practical than the repro eotechs?
Old March 24th, 2014, 04:05   #5
fbiwestin

May be of help~

I too was searching for that exact model of holosight myself not long ago. Searching day and night online for it for a whole week, thinking nothing but this extincted holosight from a taiwan company...

And at last I did found it ... on a german airsoft site

Since I wasn't thinking clearly, I bought it for a whopping $265 CAD total. A little more than half of the real thing~

So I guess if you are a true follower of airsoft, go for it lol, hope this info helps. Feel free to pm me if you got questions!

Take a look at it before you decide to buy it or not~
Link to Pictures
fbiwestin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2014, 10:38   #6
Stealth
Mr. Silencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbiwestin View Post
I too was searching for that exact model of holosight myself not long ago. Searching day and night online for it for a whole week, thinking nothing but this extincted holosight from a taiwan company...

And at last I did found it ... on a german airsoft site

Since I wasn't thinking clearly, I bought it for a whopping $265 CAD total. A little more than half of the real thing~

So I guess if you are a true follower of airsoft, go for it lol, hope this info helps. Feel free to pm me if you got questions!

Take a look at it before you decide to buy it or not~
Link to Pictures
Used RS Eotechs go for about $265 actually....

Clone Eotechs have come a long way since a few years ago. The way I see it is - if I can get an Eotech sight for 20% of the cost of the RS and get 70% of the performance - I'm coming out on top.

Last edited by Stealth; March 24th, 2014 at 10:46..
Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2014, 10:44   #7
Danke

A used RS EOTech is the only way to go. The reticle is so much better than any copy including the Hurricane (which I have owned).
Old March 24th, 2014, 16:02   #8
Azathoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth View Post

Clone Eotechs have come a long way since a few years ago. The way I see it is - if I can get an Eotech sight for 20% of the cost of the RS and get 70% of the performance - I'm coming out on top.
Except in the cases of GBBR that shake the clones to pieces. for 265 IF you can find one the bushnell holosight is the way to go. I havent had experience with sightmark optics.

My experience has shown that in the end i regret purchasing clone airsoft grade optics. Buy something for a real gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
it would appear I am not first up in this gang-bang
---
WANTED PTW Receiver PRIME, STG, Factory
Azathoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2014, 18:57   #9
Heerven

Quote:
Originally Posted by FpsBC View Post
Hey thanks for replying.
I looked into it and I might actually seriously consider buying it. Even though it doesn't look exactly like the eotech. Function before fashion right? I'm just not a huge fan of the red tint, although their other version seems to be clear. How do you like your hurricane? Is it more practical than the repro eotechs?
Hurricane is better than the other clone in general. Although is still perfectible. the glass could be clearer and the aim style could be thinner.
Like some people say, if you can afford a real one, go for it. It was difficult for me to find one used around 250-300$ so I went for hurricane.

Heerven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2014, 19:25   #10
Emre1337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heerven View Post
Sightmark Ultra shot
Link on Amazon:
Wow these actually look pretty nice. Like FpsBC said, "Function before fashion right?" Has anybody actually tried one of these?
Emre1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2014, 22:01   #11
FpsBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth View Post

Stealth, I noticed some of the eotechs on your site. I was wondering how good the quality was and if the eotechs had a specific brand?

I really want to find a used eotech and I don't mind spending the $250 for it, it's just they are so rare to come by. I have a canadian gun nutz account and the only eotechs they have for sale are all $500+
I wish ITAR wasn't so anal, then maybe the Canadian Optic Fanatics would be able to enter the US market.

Danke do you have any type of eotech you want to sell me?
Old March 24th, 2014, 22:59   #12
zzzzsleepy8

I've had a few airsoft reddots and holosight clones. They are pretty good as far as being parallax free.

Tested with lasers. Moved around, looked at the reticule and compared with the laser dot, and they are pretty much spot on anywhere I look. Thats pretty good. Thats basically all you need, unless you need other advantages of the RS ones, such as the fact its a holosight so even if the screen is cracked it still works, or it holds zero better with recoil, or fancier night vision option.

Last edited by zzzzsleepy8; March 24th, 2014 at 23:03..
zzzzsleepy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion