Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Review: Airsoft Innovations Oil Pump Kit

:

Reviews

Old December 7th, 2013, 23:05   #1
Colin_S

Send a message via MSN to Colin_S Send a message via Skype™ to Colin_S
Review: Airsoft Innovations Oil Pump Kit

Experienced airsofters have been saving money for years thanks to the Airsoft Innovations propane adapter, after all why spend $10 on a small can of green gas (local CDN price) when you can get a 3 pack of Coleman propane for the same price. In an effort to make our lives even easier, the gang at AI has just released Oil Pump Kit. Now instead of dripping silicon oil into the propane tank’s valve, simply inject it into the propane tank itself!

Retailing for $24.95 CDN (or $34.95 CDN with an adapter) you get the pump, a bottle lightweight GBB oil, a bottle of medium weight grenade oil & two warning reversible warning tags (one side for GBBs, the other for grenades). The pump itself is made of a brass cylinder with a steel piston and hard plastic (I think it’s plastic) top.

Using the AI Oil Pump is very simple, let’s stick with oiling propane for GBBs first. Extend the pump fully then submerge the female end of the pump into oil (remember light weight for GBB/Rs, medium weight for Tornado grenades) and press the plunger down. This will push some air bubbles into your oil, keep doing so till there are no more bubbles then extend the pump, filling it with oil.

Moving to the tank, obviously first make sure your AI Propane adapter is tightly secured onto the tank then insert the male portion of the adapter into the female end of the oil pump. Once you’ve got a good connection, firmly hold the brass cylinder and press down on the nozzle (don’t start pumping yet!) That will open the valve of the propane tank and from there with press down on the plunger with your hand. When you release downward force, the pressure from the tank will push the plunger upwards and you want to repeat this pumping process ~20 times.

To make things easier, I usually wrap the bottom of the oil pump with some paper towel. When you remove the pump from the adapter, a tiny bit of the trapped gas (which is now oiled) will spray out and this catches it along with cleaning the bottom of the pump.

If you’re like me and have multiple Tornado grenades, you might also find it useful to prep a tank just for grenades. Follow the same process as described above though this time with the medium weight Tornado oil and you’ll need to push four plungers worth of oil into the tank.

I can’t stress enough, it’s very important to mark the tanks once they’ve oiled so please use the warning tags that AI included with the kit. Using grenade oil in a GBB will gunk up the internals which may cause malfunctions and require you to disassemble your GBB to clean it out thoroughly.

From a shooter’s perspective, the new Airsoft Innovations Oil Pump Kit is a no brainer at $24.95 and makes maintaining your gas weapons much easier. Now you don’t need to lug silicon oil out to the field anymore or worry about whether you’re oiling your guns or tornadoes enough. Simply prep your tanks beforehand and you’re set!

On a side note, because it has to be said the AI Oil Pump is only intended to put silicon oil into propane tanks. Don’t be stupid and put other substances into other tanks. I’ve had the luxury of using the AI Oil Pump for the last six odd years and am happy to see AI release it publicly!

Team GHOSTS - Fides et Amicitia
Blog: http://www.colinsun.com
G-45
Colin_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2013, 02:40   #2
GBBR
Banned

Send a message via MSN to GBBR Send a message via Skype™ to GBBR
very nice review. too bad I use hpa now
GBBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2013, 12:33   #3
N_Force

That's is a great product from AI, thanks Carl for the genius design! Using propane to keep all my GBB collections lubed and powered up since I only collect GBB. That is the way can keep storage gas internal and look realistic.

N_Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2013, 11:49   #4
mr.jk

I just have a quick question. I just received the airsoft innovation oil pump.
can I use the used my old propane tank that I have and fill it up with silicone oil? or do I need to use a new tank?
Thanks in advance!

Mr. JK
mr.jk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2014, 08:57   #5
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBR View Post
very nice review. too bad I use hpa now
Then why are you even bothering to post?

--------

Great short review, and another outstanding product from AI. Can't wait to get one from my local shop once it's in stock.

Have you been using the same pump adapter for six years?
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2014, 12:40   #6
SuperHog

Nice review, but before this $35 product, GBB owners have been just placing drops of silicone oil into the tank before threading on the propane adapter for years.

The instructions say 1 drop for GBB and 4 drops for grenades. You need two individually prepped propane tanks???? How about redesigned AI propane adapter that has a reservoir that can meter the right amount of oil for GBB or grenades?

Besides, I also use my propane tanks for camping and would hate to contaminate it with silicone oil permanently.

Last edited by SuperHog; January 1st, 2014 at 12:48..
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2014, 12:59   #7
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

For GBBR users this product is indispensable, gassing a dozen mags at a time, having gas and lube premixed is a real timesaver and ensures a consistent mix of propellant and lubrication, critical for shot consistency.

For the occasional GBBR plinker who does not consume tanks by the dozen, the pop a drop method is sufficient. But for the more serious shooter, you can't do better than this product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHog View Post
Nice review, but before this $35 product, GBB owners have been just placing drops of silicone oil into the tank before threading on the propane adapter for years.

The instructions say 1 drop for GBB and 4 drops for grenades. You need two individually prepped propane tanks???? How about redesigned AI propane adapter that has a reservoir that can meter the right amount of oil for GBB or grenades?

Besides, I also use my propane tanks for camping and would hate to contaminate it with silicone oil permanently.
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2014, 17:56   #8
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHog View Post

Grenades and GBBs need different oil.
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2014, 15:42   #9
Colin_S

Send a message via MSN to Colin_S Send a message via Skype™ to Colin_S
Kokanee the retail oil pump is the same as the one I received 6 years ago.

SuperHog that's correct you'll need two different bottles of propane for GBBs & Grenades as the devices use different viscosity oil. There are other systems with a reservoir but they generally don't work very well.

With propane tanks so cheap why on just separate your airsoft tanks from your camping stuff? That's what I do and it's not like it takes up a ton of space either.

Team GHOSTS - Fides et Amicitia
Blog: http://www.colinsun.com
G-45
Colin_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2014, 18:50   #10
Irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin_S View Post
Kokanee the retail oil pump is the same as the one I received 6 years ago.

With propane tanks so cheap why on just separate your airsoft tanks from your camping stuff? That's what I do and it's not like it takes up a ton of space either.
Or you can take a jiffy marker and mark the bottles that have silicon oil in them. Or use the provided labels. A no brainer, really....
Irregular is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews