Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WELL L96 upgrade kit

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old September 25th, 2013, 20:07   #1
DropTheBomb

WELL L96 upgrade kit

I have a WELL L96 which ive found the sniper works great, im quite happy with the range but id like to maybe get a little bit more FPS out of it so the BB hits its mark faster and maybe hits a tad harder.

Im looking into the idea of purchasing an upgrade kit, particularly the ACM L96 upgrade package, but im not sure if that will be over kill for it. Im running on all stock parts, and using .3's for it.

So would this kit be a good idea or just staying stock a better idea?
DropTheBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2013, 20:16   #2
Strelok

Buying cheap parts for a cheap gun only leads to issues dude.

If you're wanting to get more out of your gun, look for quality parts and hope to god they'll work properly in your gun

Your rifles cloned from the Maruzen L96. PDI makes parts for this.
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2013, 20:40   #3
DropTheBomb

Yeah I see what you mean, I pretty much looked around the shops I know and see what they had and thats what i came up with. I wasn't aware ACM made "cheap" parts....
Old September 25th, 2013, 20:44   #4
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropTheBomb View Post
Yeah I see what you mean, I pretty much looked around the shops I know and see what they had and thats what i came up with. I wasn't aware ACM made "cheap" parts....
ACM stands for All China Made. Draw your own conclusions... ;)

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Drakker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2013, 21:18   #5
DropTheBomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakker View Post
ACM stands for All China Made. Draw your own conclusions...
Oh god...*slowly walks away*

Thanks for the heads up, would just a spring swap then get that FPS boost I want then? I read that M150 is max for stock plastic trigger assemblies
Old September 26th, 2013, 13:58   #6
audi_bhoy

I've received a kit lately for L96 to swap into my Mauser L96, which is the same as the WELL L96. Purchased from an offshore site, ran me about 65$ for machined trigger unit, cylinder, piston, spring, spring guide, metal hop-up arm. Not a bad kit, but I need to tune it to fit right. Needed to purchase O-rings since the ones on the piston are too big, and just doesn't fit in cylinder. The trigger needs sanding to smoothen it's operation. That kit is relatively cheap, but it does need modifications, unlike some good PDI kits. You get what you pay for :P
audi_bhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2013, 20:06   #7
Chromey
Whiny Attention Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
Buying cheap parts for a cheap gun only leads to issues dude.

If you're wanting to get more out of your gun, look for quality parts and hope to god they'll work properly in your gun

Your rifles cloned from the Maruzen L96. PDI makes parts for this.
Wording this with Less Attitude Might get your point across better.
Even Cheap guns can operate fine.
Not everyone can Afford high end stuff Like some of us.
With that Said I have a Well L96 firing 485FPS consistently. (Paid 150, Added 150, Smoking 1200$ guns... GG)

Last edited by Chromey; September 30th, 2013 at 20:10..
Chromey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2013, 20:15   #8
K3vX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromey View Post
With that Said I have a Well L96 firing 485FPS consistently. (Paid 150, Added 150, Smoking 1200$ guns... GG)
This is true... when you're not speaking about bolt-action rifles. I, for one, only sport decked-out low-end rifles, with great success. However, when you run a platform that only have one advantage, precision, and a lot of drawbacks, putting cheap parts *hoping* it will improve performance is like playing lottery. You won the lottery, but with a platform relying on precision, matching clone parts with a clone base and getting good results is not guaranteed.

The message was clear and concise, and OP got the point.
K3vX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2013, 20:39   #9
Strelok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromey View Post
I Suppose Capitalizing words At random Is A Better Alternative at getting Points across.

Curious, do you go around asking people you shoot how much their gun costs? 'Cause that's a bit silly.

Getting the equivalent parts package from PDI or Laylax will give him much better results in the long run than what's offered. I've dealt with clone guns, shitty 'upgrade' parts. And to be honest, they would never hold up compared to something thats properly machined. As K3vX said, using these parts would be much like playing the lottery. You have no idea what you're truly buying and you could just be asking for problems, and ACM is pretty good for making problems.

With that said, you don't need an upgraded rifle to hit somebody, but upgrading it properly will make that shot much easier to make. If thats not your cup of tea, I can respect that.

Attitude or not.

Last edited by Strelok; September 30th, 2013 at 20:44..
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2013, 20:49   #10
Chromey
Whiny Attention Whore

Once again Attitude, Why are you mad? How about giving good advice without the attitude. Lets promote the hobby not bury it with attitude.
I agree, If your going too upgrade a "Lower end Gun", Why not add good parts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
I Suppose Capitalizing words At random Is A Better Alternative at getting Points across.

Curious, do you go around asking people you shoot how much their gun costs? 'Cause that's a bit silly.

Getting the equivalent parts package from PDI or Laylax will give him much better results in the long run than what's offered. I've dealt with clone guns, shitty 'upgrade' parts. And to be honest, they would never hold up compared to something thats properly machined. As K3vX said, using these parts would be much like playing the lottery. You have no idea what you're truly buying and you could just be asking for problems, and ACM is pretty good for making problems.

With that said, you don't need an upgraded rifle to hit somebody, but upgrading it properly will make that shot much easier to make. If thats not your cup of tea, I can respect that.

Attitude or not.
Chromey is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications