Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

we scar upgrade parts

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old September 18th, 2013, 14:54   #1
syrus

we scar upgrade parts

Hey. I finally started to break my we scar and i've been looking at different upgrades. The biggest question I have is about the hop up. I want to improve the accuracy on the gun and I know what the hop up does but what I want to know is how much of an improvement is changing the hop up rubber. Also if anyone has upgraded to the super bolt does it make it louder.
syrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2013, 15:52   #2
Kos-Mos

Louder, not really.
But you get more recoil.

If you want your rifle to be louder, install a noise amplifier at the end (Noveske FirePig etc.)

The rubber makes a very big difference, mostly because the stock one is of really poor quality. Anything made for the TM VSR-10 will fit (and usually good quality if you but reputable brands).

Same for the barrel, you don't have to install one made "specifically" for WE rifles, anything with a TM Pistol/VSR-10 cut will fit perfectly. And good quality is a lot easier to find for the VSR-10.

Avoid 6.01, because the cold shot from the propane/CO2 makes the barrel retract and cause jams if yours BBs are not perfect or if there is some dirt/grime in your barrel.
The stock one is really good anyhow (unless you got a lemon or ran some sand through it).

If you install a steel bolt, you HAVE to install steel trigger components too.
The opposite if true, but not as necessary. The stock parts will fail faster, but you can wait until that happens to upgrade it all.
RATech left me with a bad taste with their trigger parts. Lots of fitting and filing to make everything as smooth as stock parts. TSC are better apparently.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2013, 18:33   #3
syrus

Where would be a good place to look for tsc parts? Also I heard a lot of bad things about a 6.01 barrel. I really want to get a longer outer/inner and I want to get rid of the brass and get stainless steel (I heard it vibrates less) anyone have suggestions on where to look?
syrus is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications