Any one with experiance with flat-hops?

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old August 21st, 2013, 16:37   #31
Stealth
Mr. Silencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjack21 View Post
Well I won't have access to a better rubber so I will press ahead with the modify rubber that comes with the kit. It should arrive tomorrow and I can test it on Saturday or Sunday. I will post an update.
Your gun doesn't come with a hop rubber?
Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2013, 18:16   #32
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
Maybe a picture tutorial would help... maybe I'll publish one... some day...
Please. Flat, R and whatever else is out there beyond stock.

A picture tutorial for these mods would be awesome.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2013, 18:59   #33
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

I didnt like the flat hop due to what stealth said (not sized correctly shots pull to one side, even if you get it centered itll slip out unless you glue it in place)
I went with the prometheus smooth rubber and bridge tensioner. Works great. Way more hop for lifting heavy rounds and it does it consistantly and evenly (no pull to either side)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2013, 10:10   #34
blackjack21
ERMAHGERD DA SKER ERS FERLIN!

"Your gun doesn't come with a hop rubber?"

Well it does but want to get a game in this sunday so I need a roll back plan it the flat hop shits the bed. IF I shave my current rubber and the flat does not work I'm screwed till I can get another rubber.
blackjack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2013, 10:18   #35
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

a wise man once said... always have extra rubbers.. never know what might happen.
Old August 22nd, 2013, 10:46   #36
Adamlxlx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectic View Post
I didnt like the flat hop due to what stealth said (not sized correctly shots pull to one side, even if you get it centered itll slip out unless you glue it in place)
I went with the prometheus smooth rubber and bridge tensioner. Works great. Way more hop for lifting heavy rounds and it does it consistantly and evenly (no pull to either side)
What hop unit are using? I have the flat hop in my ak with a lonex hop unit and the nub fit just fine. It didnt seem too small or anything for me.
Adamlxlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2013, 13:51   #37
Rabbit
formerly FrankieCees, Remylebeau

G-Hop is the real lazy mans R-Hop - less fine tuning.

Results (from what i've read) are comparible between the two with R-Hop having the slight edge (again if you have the patience for the fine tuning.)

R-Hop is just HS5's advancement of the G-Hop.

Stock round nubs work - but most use flat nubs or the HS5 m-nubs.

Last edited by Rabbit; August 22nd, 2013 at 14:18..
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2013, 23:34   #38
blackjack21
ERMAHGERD DA SKER ERS FERLIN!

Ok so as promised I did the flat hop mod. I also installed a 6.01 barrel at the same time
(from a 6.03 both madbull) so it was pretty hard to determine what was the cause of the improvement. The gun defiantly has more range and tighter groupings. From what I read I think i would have expected that from the barrel alone though. The Flat hop seemed to neither help nor harm the overall performance.
blackjack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2013, 00:09   #39
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

It's the hop rubber giving you improvements, I'm getting tight groupings from a 6.10mm barrel. There's absolutely no reason for anyone to ever install a barrel smaller than 6.03
The bore size of a barrel doesn't magically give you more accuracy, only the consistency of the bore matters.
The tight and longer the barrel is, the greater it's chances of reducing accuracy by fouling.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2013, 00:57   #40
Reckless

anyone tried crossing "fads" (haha) ... and putting a flat or rhop with a TK twist?

we've seen great results from the flat here on the island (namely in M4's the choice combo to date appears to be prowin hop unit, flat hop and madbull 6.03

I personally haven't had a flat hop be 'sideways' on me (maybe I'm just catching it during install?) and seen great results from 340fps too 400+ ... including an M4 based DMR doing honest 200ft repeatable torso shots just under 400fps ...

no ones had a functioning Rhop on the field yet... but I'm just coming out of just over a year of retirement from smithing and airsoft in general ... so it's next on my list (very few builders/proper smiths on Van island)

so the point of that above LOL is .. I quite like the flat hop... see if a proper Rhop will be worth the effort over the 'lazy man' flat hop

Edit: THANK YOU Thundercactus for your words on the barrel thing... I find myself constantly argueing with people over them HAVING to put in the longest tightest barrel cause they heard it was awesome on youtube...

Quote:
"SIR!, you've gone mad with power!"
"Ofcourse I have, you ever gone mad without power, it's useless, no one pays any attention"
The Cavalry Comes

Last edited by Reckless; August 26th, 2013 at 01:00..
Reckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2013, 01:26   #41
Janus

Send a message via ICQ to Janus Send a message via MSN to Janus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
anyone tried crossing "fads" (haha) ... and putting a flat or rhop with a TK twist?

we've seen great results from the flat here on the island (namely in M4's the choice combo to date appears to be prowin hop unit, flat hop and madbull 6.03

I personally haven't had a flat hop be 'sideways' on me (maybe I'm just catching it during install?) and seen great results from 340fps too 400+ ... including an M4 based DMR doing honest 200ft repeatable torso shots just under 400fps ...

no ones had a functioning Rhop on the field yet... but I'm just coming out of just over a year of retirement from smithing and airsoft in general ... so it's next on my list (very few builders/proper smiths on Van island)

so the point of that above LOL is .. I quite like the flat hop... see if a proper Rhop will be worth the effort over the 'lazy man' flat hop

Edit: THANK YOU Thundercactus for your words on the barrel thing... I find myself constantly argueing with people over them HAVING to put in the longest tightest barrel cause they heard it was awesome on youtube...
Next time I find a stock MC-51 or the like with a reasonably short barrel (~250mm) for sale we need to do that low velocity mod I was thinking with the rhop and the tk twist. I'm suspecting it might prove to be extremely accurate at mid range.
Janus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2013, 04:21   #42
Rabbit
formerly FrankieCees, Remylebeau

With everyone using the term "flat hop" are you referring to merely the hop up nub being flat?

Or does this term refer to something else I'm not aware of.
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2013, 12:01   #43
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Flat hop means a flat hop sleeve and flat hop nub

There's no reason a tk twist should give better accuracy over an orga widebore, but may give better results than a 6.01
The tk twist is effectively a widebore barrel, that's how it works
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2013, 13:04   #44
DustMagnet

Quote:
no ones had a functioning Rhop on the field yet...
Hold on a minute. Just because I can't hit the side of a barn door doesn't mean the r-hop patches in my VFC HK417 and KWA M4A1 aren't functioning.
DustMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2013, 13:35   #45
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

Quote:
my p90 with a 247mm madbull has better accuracy and consistency than most AEGs on the field... people always look at it and ask wtf kind of virgin pixie dust is spread all over it.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications