Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Airsoft Insurance and new standards in 2013

:

General

Old May 27th, 2013, 19:32   #61
Mr. inked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectic View Post
And how do they come up with theese numbers. An average paintball weigs what like 3grams or so? The field limit is what 350 for PB? Lets be safe and say its 300 cause i forget and lets say a paintball weighs 2.5grams incase there are some light weight balls or some crap. Thats almost 10.5joules of energy. Why should airsoft be limited to 1.5joules if paintball is 10plus. Its a simple arguement to pose to the insureance company. That and the two facts that A. Most guns sold in canada fire over 366 and B. Most are now full black.
How can they expect us to abide by those rules...
ding ding ding we have a winner.......

this is what happens when someone who knows fuck all about something tries to write rules/laws/guide lines/ what ever in the fuck this bull shit is
Live and die on this day
Mr. inked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 19:35   #62
Kit
Ride Sleds!

Send a message via MSN to Kit Send a message via Skype™ to Kit
Paintball runs usually 250 or 300 (outdoors). (Indoors) would be 210 to 230 or so.

This thread is just a huge trollolllololl from the OP.
Old May 27th, 2013, 19:36   #63
sticks

Send a message via MSN to sticks
Most Paintball fields have Man FPS set at about 280 with a standard Paintball.
sticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 19:42   #64
nichtessen

When I was at flagraiders for the milsim training day. The host from there warned us about something liek this. That their inrusance company was trying to get them to get rid of airsoft unless. People wore full paintball masks. And had a clear gun.

In no way to get flamed but that is what the guy running flagraiders said to us str8 up when we were gonig onto the field.
Old May 27th, 2013, 19:42   #65
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Way to take shit out of context. Edit what i wrote to make it seem like i was calling you a name when i specifically made sure to point out i was not calling you any names and was directing it at your insureance company. Well guess what now i do believe you sir are an asshole. Have a nice day. Good luck getting airsofters to follow the rules you insureance company is trying to make you follow. Try showing them some simple facts (like those in my previous post)
Im sure just because they are trying something new doesnt mean they are not open to suggestion from their customers. Especially if facts go to show that even at 700 or 800 fps and airsoft bb is still far safer to be hit with then a paintball.
Again thanks for twisting my words trying to make me out to be an asshole so now ill say it so you dont gotta twist my words. Adrenalineguy and his company are retarded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenalineguy View Post
Quote:Originally Posted by*Hectic*Well AG's insureance company is the issue then so we all have nothin to really worry about. Perhaps he should look into getting insured elsewhere.*Ag's company is retarded)
There are 2 companies that insure Paintball and Airsoft in Canada.

Southwestern does a ton and they have just recently. "looked at Airsoft" I believe that this new standard likely came from Europe.

Sports Can is still running the same way with the same old application.

Scratching head he says........ If one of only 2 companies adopts a new rule set that changes the standard so much.... is it not of interest to the industry.

This is an Interesting Hugely Important thread to this community guys... WTF is all the flaming and name calling about. get real.

paintball created associations years ago to be at the for front of setting their own standards. so have may other sports and professions as well.

If some of you wana throw poo go do it some where else. this is imporant
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft

Last edited by Hectic; May 27th, 2013 at 19:50..
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 19:51   #66
Mr. inked

hectic just won this thread.....
Live and die on this day
Old May 27th, 2013, 19:54   #67
Adrenalineguy

Cool

I am very aware of the limitations of the waiver. lol..

I originally posted asking for Other operator and industry people to network with about an important change. Again sorry i was away from the computer for the day.

I have spent the day talking to other business operators, Insurance people and even concerned players, so the original post was some benefit.. It is good to know that this is being taken seriously by many in the community

If you your interested in Important Industry Information,, maybe this isn't the place to discuss it. That's unfortunate.

I continue to believe that 95 % of ASC'ers are great people. They just don't post much ...

peace
Adrenalineguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 19:57   #68
hollywood...
cranky old man

Old May 27th, 2013, 19:58   #69
Mr. inked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenalineguy View Post
These changes could drastically affect Organized Airsoft play across Canada.
well maybe next time when YOUR insurance gets all fucky dont think it means airsoft play across canada will change....cause it has not/ wont change even in the same city as you
Live and die on this day
Old May 27th, 2013, 20:11   #70
BloodSport
Traveling Man

So the loophole I see in the insurance quote is they are referencing Air-Soft, I personally play Airsoft no "-" included, wonder what sport they are referring to?
Old May 27th, 2013, 20:20   #71
Kit
Ride Sleds!

Send a message via MSN to Kit Send a message via Skype™ to Kit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectic View Post
Way to take shit out of context. Edit what i wrote to make it seem like i was calling you a name when i specifically made sure to point out i was not calling you any names and was directing it at your insureance company. Well guess what now i do believe you sir are an asshole. Have a nice day. Good luck getting airsofters to follow the rules you insureance company is trying to make you follow. Try showing them some simple facts (like those in my previous post)
Im sure just because they are trying something new doesnt mean they are not open to suggestion from their customers. Especially if facts go to show that even at 700 or 800 fps and airsoft bb is still far safer to be hit with then a paintball.
Again thanks for twisting my words trying to make me out to be an asshole so now ill say it so you dont gotta twist my words. Adrenalineguy and his company are retarded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodSport View Post
So the loophole I see in the insurance quote is they are referencing Air-Soft, I personally play Airsoft no "-" included, wonder what sport they are referring to?

Yes! Yes! Case closed. Moving on!

Old May 27th, 2013, 20:26   #72
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

And whats with the. .20 to 22 1to1.5joules? 400fps on a. 20 is 1.5 joules so according to their own rules 400fps is fine outdoors.
Or 385 on a. 22 (where do we even get a 22. Ive seen 23 but not 22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 20:55   #73
Con Murder

I seen this before it was more than one page, check it tonight and face palmed. I guess hollywood... is right, thanks for the entertainment Southern Alberta is a bouquet of private fields
Con Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 20:56   #74
Adrenalineguy

you hit it.

The rules from Southwestern are not only out of date but the details between weights and joules isn't correct.

It does say allowing for a.

We have the application from Sport can coming in tomorrow. 3 years ago it was still very simple, as was South Western's.
Adrenalineguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 22:04   #75
Trev140_0

I find this deliciously ironic. As this is put under a microscope for "risk" and "waivers"

In the middle of a battle on my field, if the wind is very low, and there is a lull in the game you will often hear a faint...

".......fffffloooop".........

Followed by a .........."WOOOOOOO"!!!!!!!

Most guys who have never been will look around wondering what the fuck that was.

It was a plane dropping people off right over our filed and the sound of a parachute opening up.....followed by that scream.

(no you cant shoot them---to high by a mile or so)

ALL DAY

....Risk....chya....

"....Your life is ending one minute at a time..."

Last edited by Trev140_0; May 27th, 2013 at 22:21..
Trev140_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General