Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Ics m4 mod

:

Doctor's Corner

Old February 5th, 2013, 06:05   #1
CK

Ics m4 mod

Hi there,

Does anyone here has pics of their Modified M4 from ICS?!? Moe Handguard? CTR stock? How to do pic guide! Something like that.

Mine has the handguard "teeth" missing, probably faulty.

Cheers

Last edited by CK; February 5th, 2013 at 06:08..
CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 09:30   #2
nstahl.19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
Hi there,

Does anyone here has pics of their Modified M4 from ICS?!? Moe Handguard? CTR stock? How to do pic guide! Something like that.

Mine has the handguard "teeth" missing, probably faulty.

Cheers
Teeth as In rails?
nstahl.19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 17:00   #3
CK

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstahl.19 View Post
Teeth as In rails?
Hi, well, its that thing that is in the handguard edges and slides to fixate the handguard in to the gun! Sorry for not being very accurate but my english is kinda rusty these days.
CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 17:07   #4
NANA
yte

As far as I know the MOE handguard wont work on ICS front ends without heavy mods. And if your running the rear wired ICS M4 with that strange battery system then again heavy mods to get the stock you want to work.

Nothing just happens, You always have to strive...
NANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 17:08   #5
NANA
yte

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
Hi, well, its that thing that is in the handguard edges and slides to fixate the handguard in to the gun! Sorry for not being very accurate but my english is kinda rusty these days.

Delta ring?

Nothing just happens, You always have to strive...
NANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 17:15   #6
Rabbit
formerly FrankieCees, Remylebeau

ICS parts are proprietary - hence Yte's suggestion of "heavy mods."

Their RIS handguards are actually a tad bit smaller than your standard reproduction RIS - this also plays a factor in the outer barrel and front cap that holds your handguard in place as well as the delta ring.

Its quite frustrating to actually even locate these ICS brand parts unless youre willing to dish out a fair amount of cash for overpriced shit that usually can be found within 20$ if you were to use another brand of AEG.

If you're not looking to purchase another brand of AEG, you'll want to look at swapping your entire front end NOT using ICS brand parts - this includes the outer barrel, delta ring (ICS also uses Imperial threading, similar to real steel and GBBs) and anything else that generally the front end uses.

Edit: If I remember correctly - the ICS brand delta ring assembly does not even use teeth - it uses metal tabs.
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 18:07   #7
HackD

First off - find out whether your ICS receiver threads are metric or imperial thread pitch. The vast majority of ICS M4's appear to be imperial (real steel) pitch.

If this is the case, order a G&P delta ring assembly http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/gandp-del...or-m4a1-1.html

..and a RIS front cap, (real steel sized) http://airsoftdepot.ca/catalog/produ...roducts_id=183

You will need to address the 'wings' on the stock ICS barrel with a file, once you have removed the ICS delta ring and the barrel from the rifle. I have done this twice, filing those wings smooth with the surface of the barrel itself. They are not needed once the stock delta ring is pitched away. You could also replace that barrel with a different barrel, of better quality while you are at it. Consider doing so, if you have any barrel wobble already existing.

I've got 2 ICS M4's - 1 with a Daniel Defense 7.5" Omega rail with G&P delta ring, stock barrel, and the above RIS front cap. This one was definitely imperial threaded. I did shim the stock barrel with a large o-ring - one use only, once squished - if things come apart it needs to be replaced - in the interim of getting another barrel. So far it is solid, but with an M203 hanging off of it.. time will tell for the stock barrel, and any play at the delta ring (there are minor dimensional differences in an ICS barrel base, and it's base is also just pinned to the barrel - not a one piece solid barrel including the base of an aftermarket barrel). The other M4 is 'heavily' modded (only the upper and lower receivers, front sight post, and flash-hider is original) with a Noveske 7.25" - no delta ring is required. Not sure whether this M4 was metric or imperial threading pitch - either it was metric, or i successfully brute-force re-threaded it to the metric-threaded Noveske receiver nut. (careful doing that, you can snap receivers)..

Oh, and as far as different stocks go - i don't remember having any major issues with my two ICS's .. one has an LMT style stock (with battery) and the other has a UBR stock with battery in buffer tube. Both were originally front-wired guns.

Last edited by HackD; February 5th, 2013 at 18:35..
HackD is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner