KJW p226 problem

:

Doctor's Corner

Old January 23rd, 2013, 11:18   #1
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
KJW p226 problem

Hey,

So I own 3 mags, two work perfectly, but my third seems to not like being filled. When I press the propane adapter to the fill nozzle it just sprays propane everywhere, and the mag gets a little fill as well. As well, with all my mags being 20+ shots is it normal to be able to fire constantly and then run out of gas with about 5 shots still in the mag due to not letting the mag cool down? It seems that if I rapid fire it will get to about 15+ shots out and then dump a tiny bit of gas before I have to reload.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2013, 11:22   #2
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
For your first issue, have you lubed the fill valve?

As for the second issue, yes that's normal. Rapid fire increases cooldown effect and you won't be able to get as many shots out. This is even more of a factor with metal or heavy slides.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2013, 11:26   #3
daishi

Alright cool.

As for the fill valve ive lubed it with silicone but the propane just sprays all over the damn place on me.
Quote:
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 11:54   #4
Rommen

daishi, if you are using the AI propane adapter you may need to cut a little bit off the tip of the fill stem. After lots of use I found mine wore down and became uneven/ jagegd around the edges and would not fill properly, spilling propane all over the place like you described. I cut the jagged section off so it was a clean, uninterrupted surface like it originally was. Worked fine after that, I have had to do several more times since then. My fill stem is about 3/4 as long as it originally was lol.
Rommen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2013, 12:11   #5
daishi

The adapter is new and doesnt have an imperfections. Its fills all my other rifle mags and my other two pistol mags perfectly. :/
Quote:
Old January 23rd, 2013, 12:12   #6
sammynac99

ensure the O-rings inside the propane tank are seated properly, this controls the flow of air from the propane tank into your adaptor, one time the internal o ring in my tank was unseated. :O, then u got mag issues :P
You find yourself in the ocean,20 foot waves,Going up against a 800-pound tuna with his 20 or 30 friends?You lose that battle.You lose that battle 9 times out of 10.Well guess what? You’ve wandered into a school of tuna and we now have a taste of lion! We’ve communicated.Lion is good!

Last edited by sammynac99; January 23rd, 2013 at 12:21..
sammynac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2013, 14:46   #7
daishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammynac99 View Post
ensure the O-rings inside the propane tank are seated properly, this controls the flow of air from the propane tank into your adaptor, one time the internal o ring in my tank was unseated. :O, then u got mag issues :P
The o ring inside the tank wouldn't come unseated for only one mag then fix themselves for the rest.
Quote:
Old January 23rd, 2013, 15:44   #8
QKLee11

Just a be prepared for Magazines to malfuction on you...KJW Pistols are good but I find their pistol mags leak like sivs...I heard you can get CO 2 Mags, if you can that is what I would go with...I owned 2 KJW SIG SAUERS (Since sold), Pistol worked flawlessly but tha MAGS broke down alot, oil rings and stem valve.
QKLee11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2013, 16:04   #9
FirestormX

I have the same problem (I think) with my TM M9 mag. It's as if the fill valve is too small for the adapter. I have to order some feed lips, so I was thinking of just ordering a replacement valve as well.
Funny story about the feed lips - I was lending it to a friend at a game, and showed him "be careful not to let the mags fall on the ground, because they might fall like this *turns mag upside down* and land on the feed lip and- oh crap! *mag slips out of hand and lands on feed lip* and...do that". The next game another one did get dropped by someone borrowing it, with the same result.
FirestormX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2013, 22:02   #10
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Firestorm, TM mags are different as they have 2-way fill valve. They spew some gas when filling, then really spew when full.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2013, 11:33   #11
FirestormX

I'm going to stop posting stupid things if you people are going to keep making me look stupid.

Thanks for the info though. I'd only ever had KJW mags, and thought they would be behaving exactly like a TM mag should.
FirestormX is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner