Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

C-TAC AR-Series owners' perspectives

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old December 22nd, 2012, 08:46   #1
AS92-RD

C-TAC AR-Series owners' perspectives

C-TACs have been around for about a year now and surely someone out there in the vastness that is the Canadian airsoft scene has owned and gamed one of these for a while. I'm looking to replace my G&G and have been seriously considering C-TACs but haven't been able to find any information/reviews that aren't from people who just bought them and that aren't speculation.

This is not a thread for speculation, I just want an owner's opinion of their AR/Proline guns. I also am not looking for opinions on CAS/Buyairsoft/Vendors/etc. I don't really care, I just want an honest look at the gun.
AS92-RD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2012, 09:11   #2
Spike
Privateer Airsoft

They have mediocre quality receivers. Way too much plastic on the inside to be worth the price, though.
Old December 22nd, 2012, 10:45   #3
L473ncy

They're OEMed by VFC. There's nothing more to it. They're good albeit a bit overpriced IMO. Only thing to watch out for is if you have a weak/lemon piston.

You could go G&P and I love those things but you have to do a lot of preventative maintenance before you even game it (replace weak gears and shim, loctite motor adjustment, maybe replace piston (I've seen some lemon batches where they're weak), and do AoE correction).

If you're in Red Deer maybe go to Bent Barrel and ask him?
Old December 22nd, 2012, 14:56   #4
AgnewJ

I have a C-TAC M4. Unfortunately I got a bad piston, but I contacted BuyAirsoft and the replaced it no questions asked. Apart from that, it's shooting ~360 out of the box with .25's.

It's solid and very accurate. Since it's been replaced I have had no issues with it. I've put ~1500 bb's through since said replacement.
AgnewJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2012, 19:11   #5
AS92-RD

Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
They're OEMed by VFC. There's nothing more to it. They're good albeit a bit overpriced IMO. Only thing to watch out for is if you have a weak/lemon piston.

You could go G&P and I love those things but you have to do a lot of preventative maintenance before you even game it (replace weak gears and shim, loctite motor adjustment, maybe replace piston (I've seen some lemon batches where they're weak), and do AoE correction).

If you're in Red Deer maybe go to Bent Barrel and ask him?
G&P is the other option I'm looking at. I asked them about their OEM and they denied it. They basically said they are their own brand. Of course I would ask Bob to do all of that haa. I would never trust myself to open a new gearbox.
Old December 22nd, 2012, 19:22   #6
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
They're VFC. If they said they aren't, or they make them themselves, they're lying.

Why would you want to buy a gun from a shady, lying company?

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2012, 21:13   #7
Darklen
Administrator

The AR's are definately OEM VFC's with an upcharge for C-TAC markings. I was replacing the factory pistons on a regular basis when they were imported shooting about 450 fps. It's slowed down a bit, so I think they may have come to their senses, about the fps thing anyway.
Old December 23rd, 2012, 04:33   #8
AS92-RD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklen View Post
The AR's are definately OEM VFC's with an upcharge for C-TAC markings. I was replacing the factory pistons on a regular basis when they were imported shooting about 450 fps. It's slowed down a bit, so I think they may have come to their senses, about the fps thing anyway.
The FPS on the M4 tactical is way too hot still. I think having owners who say the plastic internals are junk was enough for me to steer clear. It's good to have an opinion that isn't just some fresh guy shooting pinecones in his back yard.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion