Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

What parts do i need?

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old September 2nd, 2012, 22:07   #1
Doctorpepper
formerly Doctorpepper Airsoft NB

What parts do i need?

Hey guys i have a jg m4 and wondering what upgrades i need to make the gun sound like this?

Airsoft War G36 M4 L96 Section8 Scotland 1080p HD - YouTube

I know its a scar but i bet it can sound like it!
Doctorpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2012, 22:13   #2
Stealth
Mr. Silencer

Just a foam-filled suppressor and a high-enough rate of fire.

You'd be surprised at how your gun sounds at the muzzle end compared to how you normally perceive it (behind the trigger)
Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2012, 22:15   #3
jordan7831
will always be Mike Litoris in our hearts

A giant speaker on your backpack with that sound file and a micro switch connected to your trigger so every time your fire it plays the sound file of that gun shooting.

Or maybe you can try one of those firepig flash hiders. But in reality its probably a trick of the microphone causing it to sound like that.
jordan7831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2012, 22:21   #4
Maethori

Send a message via Skype™ to Maethori
I've heard a number of guns sound like that, so I would say likely not a trick of the microphone. As Stealth said, a foam-filled suppressor might do it and/or a sorbo pad on your cylinder or piston head (+ a good RoF).

Last edited by Maethori; September 2nd, 2012 at 22:27..
Maethori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2012, 05:21   #5
Ready

One of my buddies' gun sounds like that. Your best bet is to fiddle around with different motors and suppressors until you get the desired sound.
Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2012, 10:31   #6
MaciekA

Keep in mind that in the UK these guns are required to fire at much lower velocities, so many of the guns in scoutthedoggie videos have a dramatically lower barrier of entry to achieve the "purring gun sound".

The environment and microphone in these videos are two reliable constants, so when compared to other guns in the video, you notice a few things, the biggest one being gear and motor whine. A lot of the guys in these videos are running either NiMH batteries or smaller LiPos only capable of 15-20C, often wired via Tamiya connectors.

Anyone can slap a foam suppressor on without too much difficulty, but that only attenuates the "pop" heard out in front of your gun. Your primary focus then, should be gun internals before anything else. Focus on:

- The total removal of gear whine. This means perfection in shimming and pinion-to-bevel adjustment. Get yourself 0.1mm shims (like the ones Stealth sells) to really get a precise shimming solution.
- Installing a high torque, neodymium motor which isn't struggling. Struggling motors make nasty noise.
- Having a bit of luck with your choice of gears and pinion gear metals, since different metals make different amounts of noise when coming into contact, perfect shimming or not.
- Installing high speed gears. Purring requires high RoF and with your high torque motor you're going to want to maintain snappy trigger response. High speed gears coupled with a high torque motor will yield the fewest number of teeth needing to contact before the BB is out of the barrel, over the shortest amount of time. Shim this combo well and you won't need to worry about much to hear.
- Ample power delivery to your motor. Jai's SCAR is firing at a fairly high RoF in this video. To match this, you'll need a LiPo capable of delivering in excess of 40A effortlessly. This means a high C value on the LiPo. Anyone who has compared two LiPos identical in mAh value but one capable of 65C and the other only capable of 20C knows exactly what I'm talking about. To deliver this power you'll require a MOSFET.
- Angle of Engagement (AoE) via sorbothane and piston tooth removal. This is covered extensively all over the place, the sorbo will protect your gearbox, muffle the cylinder-head slap sound, and dramatically reduce the chances of destroying a piston under high-RoF fire.

Once you have a high trigger response, high-RoF gun with absolutely no whine, then you can start shopping for foam-filled suppressors, experimenting with Dynamat and memory foam, etc etc. Before that however, become a master in shimming.

Now you know

MaciekA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2012, 11:12   #7
Doctorpepper
formerly Doctorpepper Airsoft NB

Awesome Will def check it out thanks!!
Doctorpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2012, 12:14   #8
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

suppressor, and a sorbo head, not hard to replicate
UMP's are notoriously quiet with their suppressors
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2012, 12:41   #9
MaciekA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
UMP's are notoriously quiet with their suppressors
Agreed that certain bodies allow for better acoustics than others.

Now you know

MaciekA is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications