jamex

Flash hiders are replaceable on M4s...not sure if its different on the MP5s
jamex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2012, 17:01   #32
Grizzly0679

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamex View Post
seriously? That simplifies my life a lot. *checks* no shit it is...thanks mate. Wasn't looking forward to gagging on nail polish remover for an hour. :\

edit: ooo they even put in a flat edge to make it simpler when using a wrench. Clever little fuckers...
Here we are again bro -just you and me. Same kind of moon same kind of jungle. Real number 10 remember? Whole platoon, 32 men chopped into meat... We walk out just you and me, nobody else. Right on top huh? Not a scratch... Not a fuckin' scratch... - Sgt.Mac, Predator
Grizzly0679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2012, 17:04   #33
jamex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly0679 View Post
seriously? That simplifies my life a lot. *checks* no shit it is...thanks mate. Wasn't looking forward to gagging on nail polish remover for an hour. :\

edit: ooo they even put in a flat edge to make it simpler when using a wrench. Clever little fuckers...
watch for a grub screw that may be used to secure it. sometimes they put a tiny grub screw in that screws flush into the barell, then fill the hole with glue so you cant unscrew it. then if you try to force-ably unscrew the flash-hider, that grub screw will drag through your threads and can cause some damage.
jamex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2012, 17:09   #34
Grizzly0679

Quote:
watch for a grub screw that may be used to secure it. sometimes they put a tiny grub screw in that screws flush into the barell, then fill the hole with glue so you cant unscrew it. then if you try to force-ably unscrew the flash-hider, that grub screw will drag through your threads and can cause some damage.
rgr that. I think I know what you mean. I suspect heating it up and melting the glue would be step 1 then. I should be able to find some youtube videos on this.

I'm almost thinking I should just get some nice paint, like those small hobby paints, and color it black.

edit: found the grub screw. no glue visible. thanks again.
Here we are again bro -just you and me. Same kind of moon same kind of jungle. Real number 10 remember? Whole platoon, 32 men chopped into meat... We walk out just you and me, nobody else. Right on top huh? Not a scratch... Not a fuckin' scratch... - Sgt.Mac, Predator
Old April 16th, 2012, 17:25   #35
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarfreetargets View Post

But I'm more shocked with so many people recommending CA! With my experiences, they didn't do so well on the field.
Every proline CA I've seen is a great gun. My CA36 has been my primary for 6 years.

Quote:
Flash hider does indeed come off of an MP5.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2012, 17:38   #36
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

BBQ black spraypaint also works just fine in a pinch for this sort of thing fyi.
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2012, 18:21   #37
Sugarfreetargets

I had really good experience with ICS MP5's. They're probably the best MP5 you can buy. Otherwise your only going to get a TM or a TM clone.

I think CA did make MP5's(I had a CA G3 and the exterior/body was phenomenal!) But I would upgrade it. Specially the hop up bucking.
Sugarfreetargets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2012, 19:55   #38
Grizzly0679

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokanee View Post
BBQ black spraypaint also works just fine in a pinch for this sort of thing fyi.
Heard
Understood
Acknowledged

thanks. Was thinking gun blue after some nail polish remover but if that works then anything simpler is my friend.
Old April 16th, 2012, 21:21   #39
e-luder

Quote:
Every proline CA I've seen is a great gun. My CA36 has been my primary for 6 years.
+1 Amen to that...
You could always buy a minigun and just go around spraying everyone in your path
Old April 20th, 2012, 02:12   #40
BennyBoy

me like post, very informative thanks homies

gonna return what you call these two..."clearsoft" and get me the ca mp5

Last edited by BennyBoy; April 20th, 2012 at 02:15..
BennyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 15:49   #41
Coward

agreed seems like the best bet till i can afford the ptw lol xD almost wonderin if i should just wait and save for it.. but idunno.. first airsoft gun n all
Coward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 19:18   #42
Aldo69

I would recommend looking into king arms m4a1, the prices I've seen are best bang for your buck.

+1 on Hobby king, (Battery and chargers at the best price)
Aldo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 20:08   #43
unknownvariable

Buy cheap and you end up buying twice. Once for the cheapy and again for the one you really want. I would save up and get the one you want (as long as it is good and generally accepted as a recommendation from the collective).

Personally I wouldn't buy a gun with any plastic unless it was on the real thing.
unknownvariable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 20:20   #44
Al3xqc

Let's make something clear 99% of all manufactured Airsoft are made in China, Taiwan..etc So it doesn't really matter what you buy in the end, they are all made the same ways the only difference are the internal & external pieces.

It doesn't mean it's a rebrand that it's plain bad and sometime they have upgraded internal and better specs when rebranded.

For example I own a ECHO1 AK74M which is a rebrand of the CYMA chinese version, It's all metal, it has upgraded internal specs and it's way much better than the original one. The best way to buy an airsoft is to find a good looking and high quality frame and then upgrade it with better internal pieces. Buying another weapon just because your first one doesn't work anymore is just a waste of money, upgrade it, it's less expensive and your gun will last longer in the long run.

The hard part is to find matching pieces but nothing is to complicated with a little bit of research. Putting an airsoft weapon together is like legos, you can't go wrong unless your really stupid, just take your time and read a little bit on the web, follow tutorials and guides...etc

I bought an ECHO1 weapon for like 400$ upgraded it a little bit and it's doing dam well. So I would say go for Echo 1, Cyma or Classic Army to start and upgrade later on. If you decide one day to go for something really worth and really expensive I suggest you systema. All their guns have very good quality internals and externals. Systema is used for training in the Military since their guns are very similar to the real steel version.

But remember it doesn't mean you have a 1800$ airsoft that you will perform better.

Sorry for my poor english.

Loadout : AEG AKS-47 - 400 FPS

Last edited by Al3xqc; April 20th, 2012 at 20:26..
Al3xqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 22:02   #45
Coward

excellent info thank you and yes im quite aware that its the player that makes the gun he has.

All gun motors arnt the same are they..? so would there be many types that fit the body of CA's mp5a5? but thats if i'd need to upgrade it or not.. what would you do to it out of the box
Coward is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion