Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Support gun help

:

Newbie Tank

Old December 22nd, 2011, 20:45   #16
Spike
Privateer Airsoft

The ARES M60 lineup is crap.

There's an A&K M249 in the classifieds for $500 last time I checked.
Old December 22nd, 2011, 21:13   #17
Bizon

So it looks like the A&K m249s are more popular than the rest. Perhaps I should go with that and get the additional upgrades as time goes by?
Old December 22nd, 2011, 21:59   #18
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizon View Post
So it looks like the A&K m249s are more popular than the rest. Perhaps I should go with that and get the additional upgrades as time goes by?
Yes.
http://i.imgur.com/wBfBB.gif
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2011, 00:20   #19
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

A&K and CA I've found are about just as brittle as one another. The only CA pattern M249's I've seen without stuff broken off were the ones I've seen BNIB
However the A&K box mags are way more reliable, pretty sure you can put a large battery in the box mag (if you get a PARA stock). But uses the same totally useless and overrated PGC mechbox who's only saving grace is the quick changing spring.
Also, every CA, echo1 and A&K M249 I've worked on was 3 months to a year old and had hop chamber issues. Things not lining up, misfeeding, jamming, and 50-150fps compression loss. The hop chamber is definitely worth upgrading.

But incase you want an LMG for more than 3 years, G&P is definitely the way to go.
-The externals are tough as nails.
-You can run fast, trip, and land on your box mag at least twice without breaking it.
-It uses direct box-receiver feed, so no mags, but no clumsy/unreliable feeder tube. -The boxes feed mechanism is generally paddle switch controlled on/off, some new boxes have useless electronic boards for pressure feeding, I cut it out and use direct on/off feed.
-9.6v large NiMH battery capacity in the 2500 round box mags
-Uses tried, tested, proven, and reliable AUG hopup chamber
-Has V2 mechbox built to perfect TM spec

Mines fully upgraded. After 4 years I've gone through one piston (my own fault), 3 hop rubbers, one box mag motor (I've got it wired to an 11.1v LiPo), and over 150,000 rounds.
Any op I go to, my G&P M249 is my primary and single most reliable AEG I've ever had.

Last edited by ThunderCactus; December 23rd, 2011 at 00:23..
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2011, 00:39   #20
Reckless

the A&K's are more popular litterally cause they are cheaper and more plentiful clones...

if you look at the people that their main field gun is a SAW you'll find that most are highly modified/repaired CA's/Echo1/A&K ... or G&P's ...

I went in between and built a beltfed M4/Shrike from a G&P base M4 .. LOL

Quote:
"SIR!, you've gone mad with power!"
"Ofcourse I have, you ever gone mad without power, it's useless, no one pays any attention"
The Cavalry Comes
Reckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2011, 17:06   #21
Bizon

So nothing on the A&K mk43?
Old December 24th, 2011, 21:33   #22
Summers1000

With regards to the G&P, is the battery for the gearbox kept in the stock or is it in the box mag (and also powers the mag)?
Summers1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2011, 00:58   #23
dutch13

I run an A&K M60E4 and it;s not bad. A workhorse basically, just keeps on going and going. The gun comes with a factory installed mosfet and rate of fire switch in the front end. Only problem I have with it is a compression issue between the front end and the body (hop up). Otherwise its an amazing gun. My bro had a VFC M60E4 and was surprised to find out that my gearbox was of better quality for a gun that was a third of the price.
dutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2011, 01:26   #24
Slow
Loves Furries

Ca rpk #1

If ASC were real life, there would be no Chuck Norris, only CDN_Stalker

MANITOBA IVAN
Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2011, 03:58   #25
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summers1000 View Post
With regards to the G&P, is the battery for the gearbox kept in the stock or is it in the box mag (and also powers the mag)?
The battery for the gun is in the box mag, and the connection runs through the mag well. Of course it's got a deans connector right where the mag well is so you can quickly detach the whole thing. Although I'm not sure about the full stock versions, I don't think we have a full stock G&P in manitoba actually lol
It uses a separate 9v battery to run the loading mechanism, but I found them underpowered to keep up above 1200rpm, and they kept dying. So I hooked mine directly to my 11.1v LiPo.

The two principles are that if you have a para stock, you'll still have room for a large battery. And if you're using NiCd batteries from 5 years ago, they only had enough juice to last 2500 rounds, so you change batteries when you change boxes. Kind of irrelevant with today's batteries, but it's extra redundancy.

Last edited by ThunderCactus; December 25th, 2011 at 04:02..
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2012, 11:12   #26
Bizon

So I decided to go with the CA MK46 SPW. Is anyone selling a A&K box mag or a A&K/CA/G&P m249 full stock? What are some musts before firing or gaming?
Old January 4th, 2012, 11:21   #27
durak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizon View Post
So nothing on the A&K mk43?
had one for a while, heavy as shit, reliable for about a month, then the boxmag goes, wiring needs replacing, if you use any gaers/motor other than the original the adjustable fire rate stops working properly, but its easily bypassed. its one saving grace is also its biggest weakness, the mag. 5000 rounds, auto winding. but needs some modifications out of the box to keep it running, a small ammount of ductape and a bit of lube.

i suggest getting the CA M249, I prefer the CA nutsack mags over the MAG, half as many rounds, but its a pressure sensitive autowinding mag and is alot easier to refill than the MAG. but if you can get a working one the CA green boxmags are best. ive had 3 DOA ones.
durak is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank