Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Looking for a good machinist!

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old July 17th, 2011, 17:47   #511
Ross

the only barrels you can use to upgrade are ra-tech's. but the range comes from my gun being open bolt. The barrel is gives me a little boost.
Old July 17th, 2011, 18:43   #512
Fox62
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
the only barrels you can use to upgrade are ra-tech's. but the range comes from my gun being open bolt. The barrel is gives me a little boost.
"Falcon" also makes precision inners for WE Open Bolt guns. I think they are better than the ones by Ra-Tech (and I have one by Ra-Tech...).

Fox.
Fox62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2011, 10:49   #513
deadlydayne

Ok so sorry I was out of town with no service this weekend . So I said id look at an Aeg barrel versus The WE cut barrel. Having said that I have the results.... It may be possible if you have a mill or if your good and have patience with a file. The aeg barrel needs a notch cut in and the lip at the end of the barrel. (you will see in the pics). Now I myself plan on trying this very soon. I may order the barrel within the next week or so. I will make a review and give a definitive answer. As for now here's some pics of an aeg barrel (silver in color) laid next to the WE barrel lined up to show what would need cut....

FIXED ALL PICS!!!

Last edited by deadlydayne; July 18th, 2011 at 22:03..
deadlydayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2011, 11:16   #514
Mitchell12
vision impaired

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlydayne View Post
Ok so sorry I was out of town with no service this weekend . So I said id look at an Aeg barrel versus The WE cut barrel. Having said that I have the results.... It may be possible if you have a mill or if your good and have patience with a file. The aeg barrel needs a notch cut in and the lip at the end of the barrel. (you will see in the pics). Now I myself plan on trying this very soon. I may order the barrel within the next week or so. I will make a review and give a definitive answer. As for now here's some pics of an aeg barrel (silver in color) laid next to the WE barrel lined up to show what would need cut....

Pardon any errors, I did this on my phone. Will correct and edit anything that needs fixed when I get in front of a comp tonite
For everyone else just start here in his gallery to view the pictures.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1004523...85205087690226
Mitchell12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2011, 23:11   #515
deadlydayne

Update. Black Ano is supposed to be done Wednesday afternoon. Means Thursday they will be in my hands and ready to ship. Get ready boys. also, for those of us looking to convert our Scars to DMR, I have "contracted" the help of one of my old friends who recently bought a machine shop to make an aluminum 12" outer barrel for the scar. Going to kinda look like the M4 barrel extension I have on mine just 12" long. If anyone would be interested in one let me know Ill work up a price and see how many I can get.
Old July 18th, 2011, 23:28   #516
Ross

I am interested in the outer barrel. I hate my foot long suppressor.
Old July 18th, 2011, 23:30   #517
deadlydayne

Ok, well hes currently making mine, when he calls me with price ill see how much it will cost for a small batch then we can work something out from there =P maybe if he works fast enough i can send it with your part. Just some hopeful thinking
Old July 18th, 2011, 23:37   #518
Ross

Rofl. More box-o-money coming your way. I finally have a credit card. But I have to wait 2 more weeks for it to arrive in my mailbox.
Old July 18th, 2011, 23:40   #519
deadlydayne

hahaha thats great Box-O-money. Ross's preffered mode of money transfer=Box-o-money...Deadly approved. So may I ask why you hate the suppressor look? just looks or too bulky? you'll like the muzzle break im about to throw on it when my scars all said and done.
Old July 18th, 2011, 23:45   #520
Ross

The suppressor is very long and made of very thin material. The "look" is ok. It's more of the fact that if I spun around and hit a tree with it. Dropped or stepped on it, it would bend like a pop can. Along with the inner barrel.
Old July 18th, 2011, 23:47   #521
deadlydayne

ya i could see a problem with that. Why so thin? does it open up so you can stuff it with foam or an inner?
Old July 18th, 2011, 23:47   #522
Ross

I used "pimp my gun" to see what a 12 inch outer barrel would look like. .......nice....

Yes, there is foam in it. and the inner fits through the foam.
Old July 18th, 2011, 23:53   #523
deadlydayne

looks nice dont she.... Cant wait to get ahold of the outer barrel to throw on...
Now i just need to order a 510mm AEG tbb and try my little experiment..
Old July 19th, 2011, 21:46   #524
Ross

so would the outer barrel get anodized too, or powder coated, or are you leaving it raw?
Old July 19th, 2011, 21:48   #525
deadlydayne

I will probably powder coat, as I dont see much of a market for them right now.

****UPDATE ON AEG BARREL****
So I couldnt get a mill to open up so I could cut the barrel, so I got tired of waiting and grabbed my dremel. I put in one of the small endmills that came with it, measured the distance that the notches needed to be and cut it with the *side* of the endmill, NOT the Bottom. When I finished with the Dremel I used a small file to file in a 90 degree angle on the sides that needed it. Needless to say it was a quick 10 minute job. Best of all, IT WORKS!!!! I did this to my stock AEG barrel so my accuracy probably wont increase much seing as how the AEG stock barrel was a 6.11mm ID and the WE stock barrel was 6.05mm ID. Although I got another 5", so it might add in accuracy a little. I might just order myself a LONG like 600mm AEG barrel and make it a massive rifle, Idk, this kinda opens a whole new door.

Last edited by deadlydayne; July 20th, 2011 at 04:51..
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications